Official Rant of the Day

The more I think about it I believe this is the correct approach. He's younger, and probably made the comment as he would with the boys after a game of beer-league hockey. But this is a professional relationship, not a locker room. We'll see what happens - thanks guys!
Considering the comment and the increase in "help" for you, is this a possible passive-aggressive move by your manager to try to signal to you that your time is limited?

Are there any competitors in your area that would be more appreciative of your skill sets and job knowledge than your current employer is? From the sound of it, you're given a lot of freedom to perform your task because you do what you do well and produce results... at time at great expense to your personal time.

Maybe it's time to move to another company? Or the threat of losing you to another company could make your manager realize you're worth more than the 2 employees he just hired to help?

I'm NOT suggesting you cast about for a new job and use that to leverage a raise with your current employer.

My back woke me up this morning and said hey have you been shoveling heavy snow the past 3 days... now I’m going to be making funny pain noises all day long. Ooouuuuch!

My back woke me up this morning and said hey have you been shoveling heavy snow the past 3 days... now I’m going to be making funny pain noises all day long. Ooouuuuch!

Hope your back is ok? How much snow did you end up with? We got around 10 inches here.

Hope your back is ok? How much snow did you end up with? We got around 10 inches here.
We had about 14 inches I think. But the last 10 inches were wet and heavy. A few days of heat, stretching, and NSAIDS will do my good. And I may have my wife do some OMM to loosen things up a bit.

We had about 14 inches I think. But the last 10 inches were wet and heavy. A few days of heat, stretching, and NSAIDS will do my good. And I may have my wife do some OMM to loosen things up a bit.

Our snow was not the heavy wet snow.

Our snow was not the heavy wet snow.
I thought I was in the clear because Sunday’s snow was nice and fluffy, but Monday was a nasty surprise. Could have been worse though, my parents are 70 miles East and they had 28 inches.

A little part of me died tonight.

I grew up in a Pennsylvania mill town with a great work ethic, one of the lowest crime rates in the country, and tightly-knit ethnic communities. Today, it's the poorest city in the state. Tonight, my sister, who recently moved back there to be with my Mom in her last year, texted me that the Salvation Army Thrift Store, in an ostensibly safe, middle class suburb, is closing because they cannot sustain the losses from all of the thefts.
  • How bad must the losses be if you can't break even selling donated goods?
  • How hard up must you be if you have to shoplift from a Thrift Store? And yes, I know why they are doing it.
  • Is this how far we have fallen?

Some people have been known to be so affected by pain, medication, and/or hangover that they have ordered - oh, I don't know - a Callaway fairway wood while impaired. I woudl think someone like that would be susceptible to ordering a Theragun under similar conidtions, especially when said impairment can be linked to noble domestic activity.

Some people have been known to be so affected by pain, medication, and/or hangover that they have ordered - oh, I don't know - a Callaway fairway wood while impaired. I woudl think someone like that would be susceptible to ordering a Theragun under similar conidtions, especially when said impairment can be linked to noble domestic activity.
Genius! Theragun was ordered under similar circumstances during the great stump removal of 2020 :LOL:

Do you ever go out, and while you're out, you think, "This is exactly why I don't go out!" :rolleyes:

TFW PGA Tour Live is on and you can't get your second monitor to work.

I don't know what the deal was but the umpteenth time I reconnected the cable to my computer, it worked.

Last edited:
Do you ever go out, and while you're out, you think, "This is exactly why I don't go out!" :rolleyes:
Just about every time I'm forced to go out and socialize.

I hate a cold.

Well what a wonderful start to the work week for me! After my normal Sunday/Monday days off I returned to work today only to have my boss show up and, out of the blue, lay me off until the middle of April. :(

need things to get better and everything to slow down sheesh....been running ragged for far too long. ugh. so frustrating.

A friend of my wife’s stopped by to pick up something a little while ago. Within a few seconds of her coming in the house, the stink of her perfume hit me 30 feet away. The house still reeks of it. It’s nearly gag inducing.

My golfing buddy was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple weeks ago. He went up to NY to see his brother who just got out of the hospital. Now, he contracted Covid-19! That’s a rough couple weeks.

Trying to plan your wife's milestone birthday around The Players Championship is practically impossible. Rooms to reserve at restaurants are limited or prices are jacked up due to the amount of people that will be in town.

Not to mention I am already in the dog house for working the tournament that weekend. I didn't even look at the dates when volunteering opened up, only to find out later on that it was the same weekend.

Trying to plan your wife's milestone birthday around The Players Championship is practically impossible. Rooms to reserve at restaurants are limited or prices are jacked up due to the amount of people that will be in town.

Not to mention I am already in the dog house for working the tournament that weekend. I didn't even look at the dates when volunteering opened up, only to find out later on that it was the same weekend.
Doh.

When buying a car from vroom, carvana or vending machine, whatever you call them, CHECK THE FLUIDS, ask where the car came from. We purchased a new jeep from vroom in octoberish?? and apparently my wife has not used the windshield wiper fluid this whole time, I knew the car came from Nevada, so guess what?? The fluid was water. And frozen. So last night I sat in my garage with a hair dryer unthawing it.. Luckily the tank had been half full, so when it froze it had room to expand and did not crack the reservoir tank. Then I ran the front and back wiper fluid to drain the tank and fill it up with the good stuff.. :confused:

the last 2 days at work have been absolutely crazy. Tuesday I was working until 1130 at night and yesterday until after midnight. Hopefully that is not a new trend.

Motorists that enter the freeway at 45 mph into 65 mph traffic without ever looking anything but straight ahead when merging. I’ve been riding around a lot as a passenger with my 15 year old in the drivers seat and the only bonus is she is getting a quick lesson on how many bad drivers are on the roads. :)

the last 2 days at work have been absolutely crazy. Tuesday I was working until 1130 at night and yesterday until after midnight. Hopefully that is not a new trend.
That does not sound fun at all.

That does not sound fun at all.

no, no it was not. Thankfully some of it could be done home, but still, logged in and plugging away at issues was no fun. Back at the same issues today today. But at least I know there is no longer a rush job in and it can be a problem solved over the next 5-6 days. Although I'd love to get it done today and then only look at it in the rearview mirror.

Back