Official Rant of the Day

Today was just a sh*t show at work!😡

Kiddo off to emergency with the wife and baby. Hopefully this turns out to be nothing.

This week, he hasn't pooped in 9 days.... thats not a good thing. Straining to go, in pain. This is the 3rd week in a row with #2 related issues. First two weekends, diahrea badly, this time, clogged up.

Last edited:
I never want to be this person.

Kiddo off to emergency with the wife and baby. Hopefully this turns out to be nothing.

This week, he hasn't pooped in 9 days.... thats not a good thing. Straining to go, in pain. This is the 3rd week in a row with #2 related issues. First we weekends, diahrea badly, this time, clogged up.
Good luck dude. We had some similar issues with our youngest.

if one has to ask whether their made-up story is OK to tell, maybe the story should be kept to one's self

My wife's 89 year old aunt, who she was very close too, had a massive stroke yesterday. She was not found for several hours. She is not going to recover. To make things worse, she was a covid nut and hadn't let anyone in her house for nearly a year. So she hasn't gotten to hug her kids, grandkids or great grandkids. Now she never will again.

My point is: please live your life. Don't lock yourself away from the people you love. You can still be smart but live your life.

Our weather here in Wilmywood has been terrible since @Steve2100 showed up! I personally blame him!

Its been better here than back home in Chicago!

My wife's 89 year old aunt, who she was very close too, had a massive stroke yesterday. She was not found for several hours. She is not going to recover. To make things worse, she was a covid nut and hadn't let anyone in her house for nearly a year. So she hasn't gotten to hug her kids, grandkids or great grandkids. Now she never will again.

My point is: please live your life. Don't lock yourself away from the people you love. You can still be smart but live your life.
I'm very sorry this happened, but your advice is solid. Nothing in life is guaranteed, especially tomorrow. If I could add one small caveat it would be to never leave a person you care about (friend, family, whatever) after an argument. If something happens to either of you the other will suffer with the knowledge that their last interaction ended negatively.

I'm very sorry this happened, but your advice is solid. Nothing in life is guaranteed, especially tomorrow. If I could add one small caveat it would be to never leave a person you care about (friend, family, whatever) after an argument. If something happens to either of you the other will suffer with the knowledge that their last interaction ended negatively.
Great advice

Son's issue has hopefully passed. Lets see how it goes the next 24 hrs!

Of course this happens on the 2 days this week I can’t sneak out of the office.

F43B5E3F-91E3-45B5-BBFA-60658CFB8A22.jpeg

At least the temperature is above freezing and the forecasted precipitation is rain or showers and not snow or ice.
Yes, I'm truly grateful for that.

Severely underestimated ice dams and the havoc they can wreak. Winter-1; Indy-0.

So, I have to quarantine again because a college employee brought her car in last night for an oil change and tire rotation. Her husband is Covid positive and she was supposed to be quarantining at home! I emailed back and forth with this lady for the last 2 weeks. She failed to mention that she was supposed to stay of campus! WTF!😡

It’s day 13. I’m still at melting pot, cooking my food. The oil has gone from glacier cold to the burning of the seventh circle of hell. My gin and tonic came in a wine glass. I’m starting to lose all hope of survival, as we are down to our last two mushrooms from the 6 we were given, and only had enough green goddess for 3. I yearn for the sweet death of the bill, surely in the high triple digits, all for the satisfaction of cooking my own raw meat and vegetables in a used pot of oil.

I swear you can't make this stuff up! Apparently, I was not exposed to Covid Tuesday night. The lady that brought her car in had a negative test, her husband had a negative test result, and she was just miking the 14 days so she didn't have to work!!!:mad::cautious:

I swear you can't make this stuff up! Apparently, I was not exposed to Covid Tuesday night. The lady that brought her car in had a negative test, her husband had a negative test result, and she was just miking the 14 days so she didn't have to work!!!:mad::cautious:
I’m not one to wish I’ll on people. But I hope one of her coils fails.

I’m not one to wish I’ll on people. But I hope one of her coils fails.

If it makes you feel any better, while rotating her tires, one of her lug studs broke and we had to replace it!

If it makes you feel any better, while rotating her tires, one of her lug studs broke and we had to replace it!
I always hated doing those. As someone who didn't do that kind of stuff for a living, I could never have enough antiseize and washers, and was always convinced I was screwing it up. It stopped! That washer is cupping! If it goes in this easy its just gonna fall out again!

That’s a sorry person.

So, I have to quarantine again because a college employee brought her car in last night for an oil change and tire rotation. Her husband is Covid positive and she was supposed to be quarantining at home! I emailed back and forth with this lady for the last 2 weeks. She failed to mention that she was supposed to stay of campus! WTF!😡

You can't make that up. Happy to hear that you weren't potentially exposed.

Back