Official Rant of the Day

Kidney stone....
I unfortunately know a lot about oxalate stones. So does @J. B. Cobb III.

Feel free to ask anything.

People are buying all the gas here in Wilmywood!
Man its nuts here. I told my wife to get some yesterday because she is in the medical field and has to be in office. Today is insane here.

Yup, sure looks to me like the current stay-at-home order is working precisely as designed...
20210511_153418.jpg

Gas at Costco last night. Northern Virginia.
Ugh, tried to paste a panorama photo. No dice. Anyway, madhouse trying to get in, but surprisingly, once in smooth and fast.

Is there anything Costco does poorly... Yea second gen Kirkland golf balls!

I think I've got one or two more trips back and forth to work before I need gas. All these morons who were afraid of a shortage caused a shortage because our area gets its gas from the gulf, not this pipeline. Pictures of lines at gas stations and people with jerry cans waiting to fill up. I hope they finally had someone tell them how dumb they are, and I hope they feel even dumber in 6 months when they have to dump all the extra gas they bought and hoarded because its gone bad.

Ahh, fiddlesticks! This morning I got to put a whole whopping 30 cents of $2.89 E-10 in the car before the pumps went dry. Had to embrace the suck and buy the $3.59 premium stuff. AMEX will probably be scratching there heads at the 30 cent charge. On the other hand, WallyWorld was practically giving away 10 pound bags of chicken leg quarters for 5 bucks. 😁👍

I think I've got one or two more trips back and forth to work before I need gas. All these morons who were afraid of a shortage caused a shortage because our area gets its gas from the gulf, not this pipeline. Pictures of lines at gas stations and people with jerry cans waiting to fill up. I hope they finally had someone tell them how dumb they are, and I hope they feel even dumber in 6 months when they have to dump all the extra gas they bought and hoarded because its gone bad.
You mean morons like this?:banghead:
1620857704553.png

Just think of the fines he could get for not having the proper container. Also saw some people were putting gas in plastic bagso_O Unbelievable

Seems vaguely familiar!
Time to get out my Bolo!

1620857946873.png1620857973531.png

a few months from now....

1620858061596.png

Is this every guys rant ever.

When you are supposed to travel and have a long drive ahead of you getting out on time is important. Common still deciding what I wear for sons’ graduation when it’s 7Pm and I have to drive 6 hours to our hotel. 🤦‍♂️

You mean morons like this?:banghead:
View attachment 9007584

Just think of the fines he could get for not having the proper container. Also saw some people were putting gas in plastic bagso_O Unbelievable

With idiots like this one and the ones I posted, I don't know why the stations didn't ration the gas. Cap it at 30-40 gallons unless it's a semi, problem solved. The pipeline will be turned back on at 5pm today, according to what I've read, so there wasn't any reason for the panic.

more info has unfolded since this morning. the neighbors have pulled more security footage. what we have gathered is that he was in a white cadillac escalade. cameras show the vehicle driving up and down our street many times from 9pm up until the time of the encounter. at the timestamp just after the encounter, he can be seen running back to that escalade. however, the car was starting as he was running to it. so he either used remote start or had an accomplice.

what is tripping me up is that he was dressed the way he was. nicely, like he was going out for the night. not dressed at all like he was planning on jumping fences, or didn't want to be seen. no visible weapons on him for the footage where he can be seen walking around. fwiw he seems to be a bald white male in his late 40s to early 60s.

we have a couple more people who may have additional footage, then we will be contacting police with this additional information.

i had been trying to rationalize that he was just super high and confused. this new evidence eliminates that narrative. but still leaves a lot unanswered, and when the brain has room to wander it usually finds itself in dark places where it doesn't belong.

Looks at profile. McCaptain lives in FL.

At least y’all have good gun laws! I’m generally armed but most of the time can run someone off with a mean glare (I’m not tiny).

Weird though and I know the last thing I’d ever want to have to do is shoot someone. Now physically removing them from my property? No issues with that. Home or work. Happens more at work (I’ve only ever beat one person at my house, 🤣-work-yeah I’ve removed more than a few over the years (retail pharmacy business).

Let’s start today off right. First, I want to golf and have no one to go with. Kids in school. Dad ironically (not that I really want to golf with him but he tracks my ball well-something I only do on about 1/3 of full shots) is on a golf vacation.

Second. Kurt. Neighbor behind me. Hot tub orgy guy that has his yard backing up to my back yard. Yeah. Golfer(ish). I hope hes on here and reads this. Built a kennel for his dogs.

Let’s them out at 1:30. They bark to come back in for 20 f’ing minutes before he let them in. That’s the only issue there.

My birds start their BS at 3:30 or so now. I have an IR scope on an AR. I will shoot someone’s beak off if this lack of sleep continues! That’s a warning birds, not a threat!!

Oh yeah then the normal 6am time to get up. I’ve been worried about why I am falling asleep at like 8pm when I’m home. I now why now. I’m really only sleeping until 1:30-2:00 every day. I might sleep a half hour between events but that’s about it.

I can’t change the birds (they’re about done humping and being loud for the year) but I can have a chat with Kurt. There’s good and bad reasons for being sleep deprived. A dumba** neighbor shouldn’t be one of them. And I love dogs.

I had a student email me a little while ago asking if he could do make up work?!!:oops: I submitted grades last night! Mind you, he hasn’t shown up for class since the first week of March, didn’t do any online work, and didn’t show up for his hands-on or written finals!!! Meanwhile, I have emailed, called, etc. and it’s been radio silence from him! Sorry, bro, looks like you wasted a semester of college and tuition!

I had a student email me a little while ago asking if he could do make up work?!!:oops: I submitted grades last night! Mind you, he hasn’t shown up for class since the first week of March, didn’t do any online work, and didn’t show up for his hands-on or written finals!!! Meanwhile, I have emailed, called, etc. and it’s been radio silence from him! Sorry, bro, looks like you wasted a semester of college and tuition!

Why do people think you can just do this? Annoying.

I not so fondly remember those days. The struggle was real! And I’m still procrastinating going back to school... 😖

Good on you for reaching out though, I had a few professors take an interest in me and that really helped me through tough times.

My sister teaches for Purdue University Global and she has similar stories. It's amazing how many of her students won't even accept gimmies.

Why do people think you can just do this? Annoying.
Because public schools allow it! #nochildleftbehind #participationtrophies

My sister teaches for Purdue University Global and she has similar stories. It's amazing how many of her students won't even accept gimmies.
Let’s talk gimmies...the written exam was online. I uploaded a copy of every possible question and answers 2 weeks ago. I chose 50 from the study guide. Didn’t change the questions or answers. Essentially an open book test! I had 2 almost fail it!!!

I'm waiting on a Lowe's delivery. "It'll be there between 9-12". Here I am at 2 pm. No call. No communication. NOTHING!!!!!

f**k. When you are slammed at work and your main printer takes a giant dump. FATAL ERROR :mad::cry::cry:

Back