Official Rant of the Day

Our group is on the 6th green and I look over at the 5th tee box, which is ~20 yards away, and a guy is pissing right on the tee box. There's a bathroom 20-25 yards from where he's standing. WTF?!?! The course is higher-end (insignificant factoid) and this guy plays every weekend. What a putz! Not sure if there's a connection but this tool wears Loudmouth shorts or pants every time he plays.

Our group is on the 6th green and I look over at the 5th tee box, which is ~20 yards away, and a guy is pissing right on the tee box. There's a bathroom 20-25 yards from where he's standing. WTF?!?! The course is higher-end (insignificant factoid) and this guy plays every weekend. What a putz! Not sure if there's a connection but this tool wears Loudmouth shorts or pants every time he plays.
No class. I’m definitely not above using the bushes during a round, but c’mon, at least make an effort to be discreet about it!

No class. I’m definitely not above using the bushes during a round, but c’mon, at least make an effort to be discreet about it!
You nailed it!

Sleep regression is a terrible thing...

Snitches get Stitches But Picking up a Sex Offender charge is a real thing these days. I think I might mention it to the pro and let him deal with it. Atleast try to be discreet.
If he plays every weekend He should know better!!

I miss golf... It's been over a week...

I just got back from a week of golf in Florida with the wife. I can officially say that most drivers in Florida are AssHats.
The ducking and diving across 6 lanes of freeway while screaming along at 95 miles an hour is ridiculous.

If you're going to offer a sewer credit for filling your pool, don't put so many caveats on it that it's not worth pursuing. Either offer it with a minimum of fuss or just don't.

This is the 2nd time I went to the grocery store without my mask. Our store has a big sign on the front door saying: "if you are fully vaccinated you do not have to wear a mask". About 5 percent of the shoppers are not wearing masks. I had a lady walking next to several other masks shoppers, then she saw me and almost ran away. People were giving me dirty looks the whole time. Then at the checkout line a lady says to another shopper: "where's your mask" the young lady says "didn't you see the sign on the door"...the masked lady shakes her head and leaves.

I thought the object of getting vaccinated was to move forwarded, smartly of course.

This is the 2nd time I went to the grocery store without my mask. Our store has a big sign on the front door saying: "if you are fully vaccinated you do not have to wear a mask". About 5 percent of the shoppers are not wearing masks. I had a lady walking next to several other masks shoppers, then she saw me and almost ran away. People were giving me dirty looks the whole time. Then at the checkout line a lady says to another shopper: "where's your mask" the young lady says "didn't you see the sign on the door"...the masked lady shakes her head and leaves.

I thought the object of getting vaccinated was to move forwarded, smartly of course.
Looks like different parts of the country are definitely moving forward at a different pace. I went in the grocery store this afternoon and about only 5 percent of the shoppers were wearing masks. I'm pretty amazed that through this whole thing, I haven't seen even one person get "Karen'ed" about masks anywhere I've been (not by another customer/shopper, anyway).

A few stores still have signs "requiring" them, but they're widely ignored. The only one I've had any issues with was Big 5 Sporting Goods. I walked in and didn't even get a foot in the door before the guy behind the register started telling me I had to wear a mask. I just said "Thanks, I'll take my business elsewhere", turned around and left.

What a fricking weekend! Daughter had her first national pageant and placed 3rd and her friend in the age division below her placed 2nd. We were baffled at the results, but just thought the judges saw something we didn't and moved on. About 2 hours after the pageant was complete, we got a call from one of the judges, whom we are close with and have known for 3 years. We did not know she was going to be a judge, but she called to let us know my daughter along with her friend from the age division below her actually won the pageant, but when the director started announcing winners, the judges tried to stop her and tell her she was announcing the incorrect names and she told the judges to shut up and sit down, so basically, she picked who she wanted to win and despite all the hard work the girls had done all weekend, it didn't matter. In the end, it works out because I don't want my daughter or my family to be part of that or around that kind of toxic person that does that. The director does not know we know, as we were asked not to say anything, but this happened across multiple age divisions. Just sucks to have to explain to your daughter that even though she worked her tail off and won, the director didn't want her to win. My daughter took it very well, but you can still tell she is bummed. We probably wouldn't have said anything to her, but it was the biggest group of girls she had competed against and we wanted to know the hard work she put in paid off, even though a person chose otherwise. I wanted to tell the director a piece of my mind, but out of respect of the person who told my wife and I, we decided to take the high road. Ok, vent complete. Just annoys me when your kid works so hard for something and actually earns it and someone steals it from them. Oh well, there was still a life lesson to get out of it for my daughter. Shows her that life is not fair sometimes, no matter how hard you work. I just don't want her to be discouraged.

What a fricking weekend! Daughter had her first national pageant and placed 3rd and her friend in the age division below her placed 2nd. We were baffled at the results, but just thought the judges saw something we didn't and moved on. About 2 hours after the pageant was complete, we got a call from one of the judges, whom we are close with and have known for 3 years. We did not know she was going to be a judge, but she called to let us know my daughter along with her friend from the age division below her actually won the pageant, but when the director started announcing winners, the judges tried to stop her and tell her she was announcing the incorrect names and she told the judges to shut up and sit down, so basically, she picked who she wanted to win and despite all the hard work the girls had done all weekend, it didn't matter. In the end, it works out because I don't want my daughter or my family to be part of that or around that kind of toxic person that does that. The director does not know we know, as we were asked not to say anything, but this happened across multiple age divisions. Just sucks to have to explain to your daughter that even though she worked her tail off and won, the director didn't want her to win. My daughter took it very well, but you can still tell she is bummed. We probably wouldn't have said anything to her, but it was the biggest group of girls she had competed against and we wanted to know the hard work she put in paid off, even though a person chose otherwise. I wanted to tell the director a piece of my mind, but out of respect of the person who told my wife and I, we decided to take the high road. Ok, vent complete. Just annoys me when your kid works so hard for something and actually earns it and someone steals it from them. Oh well, there was still a life lesson to get out of it for my daughter. Shows her that life is not fair sometimes, no matter how hard you work. I just don't want her to be discouraged.
Kudos to you for taking the high road, but that's just wrong in so many ways. I'm guessing the director was one of those girls growing up who never got what she wanted...

Good for you to take things in stride. My wife would have already secured an attorney. 🤷‍♂️

If I’m a judge and have no say in the outcome - tge director has the final say - then I’m not judging again. If the director has one vote like alll the other judges, the director just directed her last pageant. I know you have known this person for three years, but are you sure shr wasn’t waging her own personal war against the director?

That these kinds of things are allowed to continue is why so many organizations have bad names.

Good for you to take things in stride. My wife would have already secured an attorney. 🤷‍♂️

That's the thing, is it's he said, she said kind of deal. The director would deny it in every way. She had access and still does have access to the computer system they switched to half way through the pageant to adjust the scores. We received a phone call last night from another judge/helper of the pageant that we are also close with and what I posted earlier is just the tip of the ice berg to all that actually happened. People don't realize that my daughter is known very well in the pageant world and very much liked as well as us. I don't say that to brag, but my daughter has paved her own path and set her own reputation and we just support her, so my daughter ends up making friends with a lot of people in the systems, her age and older and when that happens they become close to us. Let's just say I was even more pissed last night after my conversation with my wife about her phone call with that lady. The director mysteriously "lost" her phone and said it was dead when all the judges were trying to contact her yesterday to speak about what she did. The truth is coming out and I'm not the first one outing her, but I am very close with another family who the same thing happened to them as well and he is already planning to out her, which I told him I will follow suit, but my daughter has another national pageant in 2 weeks, so we are sitting tight and waiting till that is over because the director is the type of person that would bash us and my daughter over social media to impact the upcoming pageant, because as much as I hate it, my daughter's presence (which my wife and I control her accounts. she doesn't know she has them) on social media for her community service and her school supply drive foundation she started is part of her score. It's just gut wrenching to think of everything that happened and that someone would do what the director did to multiple girls across the age groups. But I told my buddy, the other father, that it's not about winning to me at this point. Even if the lady came clean and offered the title to my daughter, I would tell the lady to put it where the sun doesn't shine. I told him, right now, to me, it's about outing her and letting other's know of what she did and how shady she is so it doesn't happen to others. All in all, she had the pageant rigged, so she was basically stealing people's money and I won't tell you how much I dropped into that pageant, because it makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it. We just have to figure out the right way to do this so it doesn't damage my daughter's reputation and all the hard work she has put in.

Kudos to you for taking the high road, but that's just wrong in so many ways. I'm guessing the director was one of those girls growing up who never got what she wanted...

Yes it is, wrong. Like I said above, you guys are just getting the cliff notes of what actually happened after the phone call we received yesterday. The worst part about it is her daughter, which is 12 is a fashion designer and is really good, and just a genuine super sweet girl, but her mother (the director) handles the business side of things. We had wardrobes made by them and her mom basically didn't deliver as promised and that was part of the problem, but I'm not explaining that side of things because that is a whole other story and was where it all started to appear to me and my wife something was up. Her mother is going to run this girl's business and dreams into the ground. Just to give you an idea of how good this girl is, her stuff has been featured in New York Fashion Week and she's only 12! Either way, her mother, the director is a snake and fraud and her choices will eventually come back to bite her in the butt. All, I can say is she is lucky my daughter has another national pageant in a couple weeks or I would blast her all over social media and her and I would be having a heart to heart conversation. I can't wait for my call with her to go over my daughter's scores here in a few weeks because I have scores from the horses mouths (2 judges of the scores they know they gave her) and I'm going to let her dig her hole even deeper and then it's go time.

If I’m a judge and have no say in the outcome - tge director has the final say - then I’m not judging again. If the director has one vote like alll the other judges, the director just directed her last pageant. I know you have known this person for three years, but are you sure shr wasn’t waging her own personal war against the director?

That these kinds of things are allowed to continue is why so many organizations have bad names.

I hear that! I kind of blame ttucliffhanger's judge friend for not causing a stink, which I think she should have done if she was really honest and aboveboard. Are there not paper ballots in these things? And if not, why not? So that there is no record? No paper trail? I really can't stand this kind of crap! But it exists at every level of competition where judges are involved, all the way up to the Olympics.

This rain has got to stop............working from home when your 7 year old is stuck inside due to rain is a double whammy. I want to put him for sale on ebay right now....

Six out of seven nights for the next three weeks are dedicated to soccer and tournaments so there is hardly any time for golf. I cancelled practice because it was close to 100* tonight and wanted them to have a night off before our tournament this weekend. Thought I'd be able to go out for 9 but the second I get off work, lightning. Then the next hour was filled with more lightning. Then the lightning knocked our electricity out for about two hours. By the time our electricity came on, it was raining and windy and I still couldn't get out there. Big ol bummer. I just want to golf lol

Call fore on errant shots!

At least I assume it was easy for him to find his ball - I teed it up nice and high to help him out since it landed right beside me on the tee box of the adjacent hole.

A bad thunderstorm rolled in last night around midnight and it is still thundering and lightning now! Shaking the whole house. My dog has been shaking all night! Tried the thunder jacket, medication, holding him...nothing works.☹️

Six out of seven nights for the next three weeks are dedicated to soccer and tournaments so there is hardly any time for golf. I cancelled practice because it was close to 100* tonight and wanted them to have a night off before our tournament this weekend. Thought I'd be able to go out for 9 but the second I get off work, lightning. Then the next hour was filled with more lightning. Then the lightning knocked our electricity out for about two hours. By the time our electricity came on, it was raining and windy and I still couldn't get out there. Big ol bummer. I just want to golf lol
100° already?! Wasn’t it snowing out there just a couple weeks ago?!!

Humanity. They had a scramble tournament at the course we live on last Saturday & some guy just yanks one. He drives across the fairway looking for it & my wife meets him at the fence. They go through the whole "Titliest 3 with a 2 blue dots?" He said it was and she showed him the window. He finally relented & gave her a name and phone number. I'm out $380 & he hasn't returned a call or replied to a text. It ain't the money, it's the principle of the thing.

Sleep regression is a terrible thing...
It sure is, and something not many people tell you about, until you mention it happening to you :rolleyes:. But you'll get there!

Everyone wishing for an end to rain, we will gladly take it.
We have received an actual decent rainfall once this year so far.
Temps over 86*F all week, they have declared that public splash parks can open during covid (despite everything being closed).
My grass is crunchy outside.

It's gonna be a tough agricultural year here if it keeps up with no rain like this.

Back