Official Rant of the Day

It sure is, and something not many people tell you about, until you mention it happening to you :rolleyes:. But you'll get there!
We think it could be some of the painful teeth...molars and canines?

We think it could be some of the painful teeth...molars and canines?
Very possible right now. Or they knew mom and dad were getting too comfortable

I keep getting asked when I'm going to go back to 'x' site 3 hours away. In response I ask if he's arranged for anyone to repair the defective A/C unit that I discovered SIX weeks ago. "Not yet" is the answer I get. Really? What is so important for me to return if you're not going to get someone within 6 weeks to fix a DOA unit?

Oh, and if the "maintenance" guy calls me one more time at noon on a Friday to tell me "it's a little warm in here" I will permanently block his number. I'm 3 hours away - maybe call me a day before?

How can he call you the day before he notices that it's too warm in here?!

got my first sweaty boob money of the season. yes it is exactly as it sounds. women taking their money out of their bra and yes it is wet. :ROFLMAO:

got my first sweaty boob money of the season. yes it is exactly as it sounds. women taking their money out of their bra and yes it is wet. :ROFLMAO:
If I knew that was going to be a common thing (sweaty boob money) I would be prepared with sweaty butt crack change. 🤢

In an effort to get everyone cross-trained at work, the three people in my department (all the same classification) have been rotating around two sites, and 3 positions. A new manager finally came in, decided enough was enough, and that everyone was going to get trained in every aspect of the job.

One co-worker, eligible for retirement, is fighting it tooth an nail. Two of us actually can use the training, mainly because the old guy won't spread any knowledge around. In an email yesterday that was forwarded to everyone in our department the old man wrote: "If people wanted to learn parts of the job, they would, it is called initiative"...... a veiled insult directed towards me.

For three years I have been begging to be trained, actually be shown aspects of my job that I haven't been trained in. I work in other departments when my own work is finished, to aid in maintenance, custodial, and other areas, to help just get stuff done. 2 years now I have been doing this, in effect working 2-3 positions.

But I have no initiative. Performance evaluations this week should be fun lol.

Your kids' swim meet.

Our new self-titled "Software and IT Co-Ordinator" has completed the trifecta in my eyes:
- failed to give a user local admin rights on their new PC - can't even add a printer without admin credentials which they don't have
- failed to install our VPN access software on their new PC
- didn't know how to add his own boss to a Teams meeting o_O

Replaced just about the entire evap system in our 07 Tahoe. Blew out the lines and was able to get a bunch of charcoal pellets from the vapor canister out. Put it all together, go to the gas station, pump still shuts off but at least it isn't puking fuel out the fill neck right now.

...and the power just went out. Just long enough that now I'm going to have to reset all the clocks.

This is a commercial property in Buffalo overlooking a beautiful Parkway. It is right by my office. A large developer purchased it years ago with plans to preserve the first two floors and facade , upgrade it with a combination commercial and residential. They had plans to build it up several stories and put in Million Dollar plus condos which would have sold. For years local "preservationists" as well as a "preservation board " has blocked and shot down everything they have tried to do. Another parcel across the street which includes a restaurant with a large parking lot they were also blocked.At one point the owner petitioned the City to use the large parking as, get this, a parking lot . Parking is a premium around here and they were looking to provide public parking and generate some revenue while trying to get their project approved. This would also have helped local businesses in the area because on the weekend this is very popular area (as well as during the week). Incredibly people objected and they were not even permitted to do that. Talking to someone I know at a large local labor union while this was going on and the plans were being blocked I asked if this was a Union Job and how many jobs would be created. It was a Building Trades / Union job and would have created hundreds of high paying jobs for at least three if not more years. All those were lost. The Preservationists killed it all. There is nothing "historic" about this property and nothing to preserve although the developer was going to leave the brick facade intact and conform the rest of the project to fit into the neighborhood. It still sits there blocked. Leaving my office today talking to our mailman who said he just talked with someone from the Developers company and they told him nothing is happening at the moment. Just ridiculous that these "preservationists" who probably aren't even from the neighborhood and add nothing to it could block a good project and do harm to so many. Well that's my rant.9641CA04-BB1A-43BA-B1DD-5707B375EDBD.jpeg

welcome to 40. here’s something you’ve never experienced: dehydration and heat exhaustion. holy sh1t this is awful. one afternoon round and i got physically ill, my head is killing me, and i feel like i’ve been run over by a truck. had something super fun planned for tonight but had to cancel. no fun

welcome to 40. here’s something you’ve never experienced: dehydration and heat exhaustion. holy sh1t this is awful. one afternoon round and i got physically ill, my head is killing me, and i feel like i’ve been run over by a truck. had something super fun planned for tonight but had to cancel. no fun
Be careful with that in the future. You will be more prone to get this easily. It has happened to me a number of times (3-4 times) after a bad incident when I was younger.

This is a commercial property in Buffalo overlooking a beautiful Parkway. It is right by my office. A large developer purchased it years ago with plans to preserve the first two floors and facade , upgrade it with a combination commercial and residential. They had plans to build it up several stories and put in Million Dollar plus condos which would have sold. For years local "preservationists" as well as a "preservation board " has blocked and shot down everything they have tried to do. Another parcel across the street which includes a restaurant with a large parking lot they were also blocked.At one point the owner petitioned the City to use the large parking as, get this, a parking lot . Parking is a premium around here and they were looking to provide public parking and generate some revenue while trying to get their project approved. This would also have helped local businesses in the area because on the weekend this is very popular area (as well as during the week). Incredibly people objected and they were not even permitted to do that. Talking to someone I know at a large local labor union while this was going on and the plans were being blocked I asked if this was a Union Job and how many jobs would be created. It was a Building Trades / Union job and would have created hundreds of high paying jobs for at least three if not more years. All those were lost. The Preservationists killed it all. There is nothing "historic" about this property and nothing to preserve although the developer was going to leave the brick facade intact and conform the rest of the project to fit into the neighborhood. It still sits there blocked. Leaving my office today talking to our mailman who said he just talked with someone from the Developers company and they told him nothing is happening at the moment. Just ridiculous that these "preservationists" who probably aren't even from the neighborhood and add nothing to it could block a good project and do harm to so many. Well that's my rant.View attachment 9012148
Local procedure around here is to let the building/property sit and deteriorate to a point at which it needs to be torn down if someone/something blocks what would be beneficial development. It takes years, and looks like crap for most of it, but in the end the owner gets what he/she wants...

Local procedure around here is to let the building/property sit and deteriorate to a point at which it needs to be torn down if someone/something blocks what would be beneficial development. It takes years, and looks like crap for most of it, but in the end the owner gets what he/she wants...
Just so wrong. The people doing the blocking add nothing to the community don't employ anyone, never built anything and more likely than not have never accomplished anything. They get on these boards and for the first time in their lives think they have power. I went to a couple public meetings and saw them in action and how poorly they treated property owners and their incredible arrogance,. They get in the way of people who are actually trying to do something positive foe the City. Really a sad situation and your right properties and neighborhoods suffer for years. These are the same people who blocked development on the water front tp preserve worthless, rat infested grain mill towers that have been out of service for years and are eyesores. Just absurd.

Just so wrong. The people doing the blocking add nothing to the community don't employ anyone, never built anything and more likely than not have never accomplished anything. They get on these boards and for the first time in their lives think they have power. I went to a couple public meetings and saw them in action and how poorly they treated property owners and their incredible arrogance,. They get in the way of people who are actually trying to do something positive foe the City. Really a sad situation and your right properties and neighborhoods suffer for years. These are the same people who blocked development on the water front tp preserve worthless, rat infested grain mill towers that have been out of service for years and are eyesores. Just absurd.

I'm not sure we should allow people who really want the position to hold elected or appointed office. In too many cases, they want the post because they think they know what's best and can't wait to impose it on the rest of us.

I served on our town's Planning Board for six years, mainly because we were doing a lot of stuff for a tech park that now houses a GlobalFoundries fab that employs over 3,000 people at an average wage of $87k. But the processes drove me nuts. "Well, maybe we should set our own environmental standards and enforce them" or "I don't like that color." These were people on the Planning Board. But the kicker was when we had to attend a joint workshop with the Town Board on affordable housing in our burg. We went over definitions, and there was posturing, like "I want someone who runs a checkout line at Walmart (which isn't allowed in our town) to be able to afford a home." But I lost it when someone pointed to an older development and noted that a number of homes there met the definition of affordable housing. The Town Attorney said, "Yes, but there aren't enough of them."

I then said, "No, there are EXACTLY the right number of affordable homes. If more people wanted them, the price would go up and builders would rush in to meet the demand. That would drive prices lower. If fewer people wanted them, the price would go down until more people did want to buy them. Either way, we get to the price point where supply meets demand. That's where we are today." I don't think the attorney said another word for the rest of the evening. I was speaking a foreign language, as far as he was concerned.

A long rant to say that I have seen too many people in too many meetings who were really saying, "I bought this brand new home here for the quality of life. Now stop any further progress."

The garbage that goes on in my office is ridiculous.
Help an employee steal company property, and then sell it?
Well we will just overlook that. WTF

I'm not sure we should allow people who really want the position to hold elected or appointed office. In too many cases, they want the post because they think they know what's best and can't wait to impose it on the rest of us.

I served on our town's Planning Board for six years, mainly because we were doing a lot of stuff for a tech park that now houses a GlobalFoundries fab that employs over 3,000 people at an average wage of $87k. But the processes drove me nuts. "Well, maybe we should set our own environmental standards and enforce them" or "I don't like that color." These were people on the Planning Board. But the kicker was when we had to attend a joint workshop with the Town Board on affordable housing in our burg. We went over definitions, and there was posturing, like "I want someone who runs a checkout line at Walmart (which isn't allowed in our town) to be able to afford a home." But I lost it when someone pointed to an older development and noted that a number of homes there met the definition of affordable housing. The Town Attorney said, "Yes, but there aren't enough of them."

I then said, "No, there are EXACTLY the right number of affordable homes. If more people wanted them, the price would go up and builders would rush in to meet the demand. That would drive prices lower. If fewer people wanted them, the price would go down until more people did want to buy them. Either way, we get to the price point where supply meets demand. That's where we are today." I don't think the attorney said another word for the rest of the evening. I was speaking a foreign language, as far as he was concerned.

A long rant to say that I have seen too many people in too many meetings who were really saying, "I bought this brand new home here for the quality of life. Now stop any further progress."

It’s not much different just to the south of you. I have no involvement or interest in planning board issues but I do follow them in the local weekly paper. Development is apparently bad because there are those who desire to preserve things as they are.

It’s not much different just to the south of you. I have no involvement or interest in planning board issues but I do follow them in the local weekly paper. Development is apparently bad because there are those who desire to preserve things as they are.
What is odd though is in the case here the building which when sold was in rough shape and in need of massive amounts of work which the prior owner had no interest in doing. He sold for a significant price to a developer with the financial ability to invest a significant amount of money to not only restore but to build upon what is there and significantly improve it. To make it feasible as an investment it needed to be expanded and the plans were very nice. Create jobs, big tax base for the City, in general help the entire area. The building is nothing special and there is absolutely no reason to block its improvement other than these "preservationists " blocking it because they can. Lol maybe they should put their money up invest in it leave it exactly as it is and lose money so it always looks exactly the same. Pretty sure that would never happen.

What is odd though is in the case here the building which when sold was in rough shape and in need of massive amounts of work which the prior owner had no interest in doing. He sold for a significant price to a developer with the financial ability to invest a significant amount of money to not only restore but to build upon what is there and significantly improve it. To make it feasible as an investment it needed to be expanded and the plans were very nice. Create jobs, big tax base for the City, in general help the entire area. The building is nothing special and there is absolutely no reason to block its improvement other than these "preservationists " blocking it because they can. Lol maybe they should put their money up invest in it leave it exactly as it is and lose money so it always looks exactly the same. Pretty sure that would never happen.

Development bad. Entropy good.

The garbage that goes on in my office is ridiculous.
Help an employee steal company property, and then sell it?
Well we will just overlook that. WTF
Sounds like its time for a side gig...

Back