Official Spotify thread! Share and enjoy!

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
So i've seen a bit of fuzz about Spotify here lately and what i've seen it looks like people like it. So i thought about why not create a thread for sharing music that you listen to. Like the snack, drink thread and so on. Could be fun!

I'm going to start with sharing two playlists.

This is what is most frequently played at the moment:
http://open.spotify.com/user/flix/playlist/1GXNcLKmu8GkEtKKCVN5LQ

And this is a Techno Viking list for TC to enjoy that also brings me back to all those long nights in Amsterdam :p
http://open.spotify.com/user/flix/playlist/6zLERjrTD1WstZWrQbdh3z

Feel free to pitch in!

I'm game.

Digging through Pitchforks top 20 songs of 2011 right now. Loving some, hating others.

I got my 30 day free trial set up yesterday, as well as downloaded the free "Spot-On Radio" app for my iPhone. I am loving me some Spotify at the moment!

For those that havent tried to Spot-On radio yet, it is an app that is designed for use in conjunction with Spotify on iPhone/iPad (android as well?). It's basically Pandora, but for Spotify and you can skip as many songs as you would like, add favorites to your Spotify account and add to your Spotify playlists. It's a great way to use Spotify on the go!

Thanks for that bit of info War! I'll have the old lady look into that.

I've been spotifying all morning. Right now I'm listening to TV on the Radio. A song "staring at the sun" is wicked. I have paper work to do so after this tune, I'm going to put on some Bonobo and listen to an album called "Black Sands".

I got my 30 day free trial set up yesterday, as well as downloaded the free "Spot-On Radio" app for my iPhone. I am loving me some Spotify at the moment!

For those that havent tried to Spot-On radio yet, it is an app that is designed for use in conjunction with Spotify on iPhone/iPad (android as well?). It's basically Pandora, but for Spotify and you can skip as many songs as you would like, add favorites to your Spotify account and add to your Spotify playlists. It's a great way to use Spotify on the go!
That Spot-On radio part of it might be enough to get me to cancel XM Radio and go with Spotify. I just can't seem to pull the trigger though, I'm going to activate my 30 day trial and see if I end up using this exclusively over my XM. Thanks for the info buddy!

Don't forget to post URL:s to the songs/albums you are sharing. On a pc you right click and copy HTTP link and just paste it in the reply here :)

That's freaking awesome. As is the idea for this thread.

Rest assured I'll be spreading around some of my favorites.

That Spot-On radio part of it might be enough to get me to cancel XM Radio and go with Spotify. I just can't seem to pull the trigger though, I'm going to activate my 30 day trial and see if I end up using this exclusively over my XM. Thanks for the info buddy!
Between Spotify and Spot-On app and the ESPN radio app, I no longer have a need to XM. Spotify cost is similar to XM, and I prefer to be able to search for any song at any time and be able to listen to it.

I think my favorite part of Spotify so far has been the Live albums/concerts. Listened to Zac Brown "Pass the Jar" concert he did in Atlanta the past few days, it was great. I like being able to listen to the live albums.

Between Spotify and Spot-On app and the ESPN radio app, I no longer have a need to XM. Spotify cost is similar to XM, and I prefer to be able to search for any song at any time and be able to listen to it.

I think my favorite part of Spotify so far has been the Live albums/concerts. Listened to Zac Brown "Pass the Jar" concert he did in Atlanta the past few days, it was great. I like being able to listen to the live albums.

WE, I am going to expose you to some damn good Red-Dirt Country buddy. I love ZBB, but the country scene outside of the radio is so good right now its crazy.

I hear ya on the live stuff too though, I fell asleep to The Avett Brothers "Live Vol. 3" on spotify last night.

So what's everyone listening to?

WE, I am going to expose you to some damn good Red-Dirt Country buddy. I love ZBB, but the country scene outside of the radio is so good right now its crazy.

I hear ya on the live stuff too though, I fell asleep to The Avett Brothers "Live Vol. 3" on spotify last night.
Go for it, always looking for some new stuff to listen to. And I agree about the country scene outside of the radio, that is where Spotify comes in. I cant stand local country stations/XM country stations. I have no desire to listen to half the junk that is called Country these days.

TC doesn't do country unless it's George Strait.

I listen to just about everything, I like to be diverse in my music listening.

I listen to just about everything, I like to be diverse in my music listening.

Dude, me too. In the last 30 minutes I've gone from Bonobo to Finley Quaye, but Country irritates the fire out of me. I like older country, like Waylon but this crap today is awful.

Go for it, always looking for some new stuff to listen to. And I agree about the country scene outside of the radio, that is where Spotify comes in. I cant stand local country stations/XM country stations. I have no desire to listen to half the junk that is called Country these days.

Agreed completely.

TC, I've got some stuff that TC will like...and its nowhere near George Strait.

Dude, me too. In the last 30 minutes I've gone from Bonobo to Finley Quaye, but Country irritates the fire out of me. I like older country, like Waylon but this crap today is awful.
Older country and Country that isnt on the radio is good. I can do without the Lonestar and Rascal Flats.

I'm with Jman, the stuff coming from Texas and Oklahoma is much better than the stuff from Nashville these days.

Last couple days I've been listening to:
Michael Jackson's Bad
Jason Boland's Rancho Alto
Reckless Kelly's Good Luck and True Love as well as Wicked Twisted Road
Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise.

And Pass the Jar is a phenomenal live album

But what about Toby Keith TC?!?

Share some playlists, would be fun!

Any clue how to link up and share playlists?

My Kaspersky just kicked that back saying there was a Trojan virus in it.

lolwut

bad bad Kaspersky. Sounds wierd. Never heard of that before.

Back