TMEX 0.8!
White Rhino that is just a normal round in LA :D

I Tapped, I Talked

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
I thought I would bump this thread since there is still one spot left, come on you know you want to come! Also a question, what is a good hotel/motel to stay at thursday night that is close to the PGA national? I would love to stay there thursday night as well but my roomie is offsite that night and I don't want to pay for a whole room by myself so, good any decent place to sleep close to PGA national would be great.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I would bump this thread since there is still one spot left, come on you know you want to come! Also a question, what is a good hotel/motel to stay at thursday night that is close to the PGA national? I would love to stay there thursday night as well but my roomie is offsite that night and I don't want to pay for a whole room by myself so, good any decent place to sleep close to PGA national would be great.
Man I dont know. I strongly urge people to not stay offsite Thursday night because of early demo day and check in not being until 3pm. Sure they can hold your stuff, but the rush of getting ready for demo day, etc... is something I would not want to do on a Friday morning in Palm Beach driving around (morning rush hour) to maybe save just a few dollars a person. Again, just my opinion of course.

AHA

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 5.9
Mrs. AHA and I just booked our flights!!! NOW IT'S REAL...SO EXCITED! We're getting in early on Thursday morning and leaving late on Sunday evening with direct flights to/from Pittsburgh!

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Mrs. AHA and I just booked our flights!!! NOW IT'S REAL...SO EXCITED! We're getting in early on Thursday morning and leaving late on Sunday evening with direct flights to/from Pittsburgh!
Way to go AHA! Looking forward to see ya dude :golf2:

AHA

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 5.9
Thanks Gray...we're really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm sure it's going to be a great weekend.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Awesome AHA, once you book the flights it does become more real. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone that I have spent so many enjoyable hours talking to on this site.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Man I dont know. I strongly urge people to not stay offsite Thursday night because of early demo day and check in not being until 3pm. Sure they can hold your stuff, but the rush of getting ready for demo day, etc... is something I would not want to do on a Friday morning in Palm Beach driving around (morning rush hour) to maybe save just a few dollars a person. Again, just my opinion of course.
I agree with you JB its not something I want to do but it's the difference between $180 and $55. If there is someone in my same predicament who wants to share the room for one night before your room mate gets there I'm in. Otherwise I am back to where I started.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you JB its not something I want to do but it's the difference between $180 and $55. If there is someone in my same predicament who wants to share the room for one night before your room mate gets there I'm in. Otherwise I am back to where I started.
Maybe talk to your roommate about the differences and see if they are willing to change and stay on site.

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
We have reservations off-site here http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/west-palm-beach/pbimb/hoteldetail for Thursday and Sunday night. We might change our mind and move to the resort for at least Thursday. We are driving down so we have our own transportation.

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Itinerary:

Friday day time: Demo
Friday night: Indian wrestle to see who takes out the Mashie and R11's.
I'm calling shotgun now on a R11 T3 Fairway! :D

but it was a fun 5.5 hours :D
True that, but I sure was tired by the end. That was a really long day! Between the 3 hour demo in the morning and the 5.5 hour round in the afternoon, I was really worn out by the end of the day. I'm really liking the schedule this time around. Having the demo day on it's own day is awesome. That way we'll be able to try out a lot more stuff as we'll have a lot more time. Plus that means there will be more relax time after the rounds on the weekend, which I'm sure I'll want to take advantage of!

That is exciting!! One of these days I need to do that myself and fully be 150% confirmed! Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and pay some big bucks to fly down. Oh well, it'll be worth it!

White Rhino

SANDBAGGER!!!!!!!
Reaction score

True that, but I sure was tired by the end. That was a really long day! Between the 3 hour demo in the morning and the 5.5 hour round in the afternoon, I was really worn out by the end of the day. I'm really liking the schedule this time around. Having the demo day on it's own day is awesome. That way we'll be able to try out a lot more stuff as we'll have a lot more time. Plus that means there will be more relax time after the rounds on the weekend, which I'm sure I'll want to take advantage of!

That is exciting!! One of these days I need to do that myself and fully be 150% confirmed! Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and pay some big bucks to fly down. Oh well, it'll be worth it!
Nothing cheaper even if you came down through the States?

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Good because I'll be in the driver's seat with it.....perks of setting up all the equipment hehe

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Nothing cheaper even if you came down through the States?
One way or another, I'd have to get down to the states. That's the problem. I'm too far away jus to drive down and hop the border, plus I'm not crazy about leaving my car somewhere. And fly flying into a closer US airport, my travel time increases substantially as it is not as direct.

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Good because I'll be in the driver's seat with it.....perks of setting up all the equipment hehe
You mean I'll have to indain wrestle for it anyways? Ok, it's on!! :D

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
So right now the cheapest way to go is Edmonton-Houston-West Palm Beach-Newark-Houston-Edmonton for $1270.

The most direct way to go is Edmonton-Houston-West Palm Beach-Houston-Edmonton for $1690.

So going through Newark saves $420 but adds almost 7 hours of travel time to the trip home.

I think I'm leaning towards the $1690 flights. More money, but a lot less hassle.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
So right now the cheapest way to go is Edmonton-Houston-West Palm Beach-Newark-Houston-Edmonton for $1270.

The most direct way to go is Edmonton-Houston-West Palm Beach-Houston-Edmonton for $1690.

So going through Newark saves $420 but adds almost 7 hours of travel time to the trip home.

I think I'm leaning towards the $1690 flights. More money, but a lot less hassle.
Is that for both of you or each?

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Ya thats what I was thinking. Its just too bad e-town is so far from the border...and in Alberta.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in