Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Mrs. AHA and I are arriving early on Thursday and may be interested in an afternoon round.

Yup, TC there is one spot left but I suspect that is because they don't know about Setho's offer for an entire round of his 2 for 1 drinks or my offer of a private dozen cookies of their choice along with the option to name one of the batches I'm making for the afternoon range session.

I don't know why but I have a sneaky feeling that spot is going to be gone by Friday.

Wanna put another non-cash wager on it?

(Hmmm ...what do I want....hmmmm, thinking, thinking:thinking:.. Bacon popcorn! :popcorn: nope, you're already bringing that for me... thinking,thinking:thinking:) AH HA! I know! You can get two dozen cookies all your own if the spot is still left at 11:59pm Friday Jan. 28th and if the spot is gone by Friday at 11:59pm, you have to bring me my dessert at the THP Dinner

Whatcha think?

(p.s. still love ya even if you think DL3 is Corey Pavin 2.0)

hahaha, I have to bring your dessert? I'm confused. Like I need to literally just go and get the dessert that's there, plate it, and deliver it to you in front of everyone? I may in fact take that bet. It's worth the chance of getting 2 dozen MaryC cookies.

Girl, you know I love DL3, but I'm not so sure that his personal intensity gets in the way of the "team". I've been fortunate to meet Davis a couple of times and he's super nice but he does have this level of intensity about him that's very in your face. That's the Corey Pavin 2.0 referrence.

At any rate, clear this "me bringing you dessert" thing up and I think we have a bet.

I'm also shocked that the outing isn't full.

C'mon everybody, one spot left!! Who wants to go to PGA National and have an AWESOME time?

C'mon everybody, one spot left!! Who wants to go to PGA National and have an AWESOME time?

I've been wondering the same thing buddy!

Who wants the chance to meet me in person?

I dont think thats helping.. Especially with the whole Drubbin fiasco on the UP&Down

drubbin' fiasco? Dude, that was a drubbin'. Anyone with a brain knows that Jake got smoked in episode 2.

At any rate, forget me, come and meet 50 awesome folks!

Lol. He is real nice in person. Just watch out for the look!!!!!!

I bet we have that person out there on the fence. Joking aside this trip is really, really a fun time. You meet the nicest people.

I dont think thats helping.. Especially with the whole Drubbin fiasco on the UP&Down

haha no doubt! You beat up on that jakey. He couldnt even say "tiger rules" by the end of it. By outing time youll be making him 'say uncle'. Or 'say lee westwood, say lee westwood!"
drubbin' fiasco? Dude, that was a drubbin'. Anyone with a brain knows that Jake got smoked in episode 2.

Come meet TC the wonder boy! and everyone else! And TC!

I've been wondering the same thing buddy!

Who wants the chance to meet me in person?

The Man, The Myth, The Legend!

232323232%7Ffp538%3B5%3Enu%3D42%3B6%3E87%3A%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3334%3C9%3B%3A7%3A347nu0mrj

Who wouldn't want to meet this guy?

hahaha, I have to bring your dessert? I'm confused. Like I need to literally just go and get the dessert that's there, plate it, and deliver it to you in front of everyone? I may in fact take that bet. It's worth the chance of getting 2 dozen MaryC cookies.

At any rate, clear this "me bringing you dessert" thing up and I think we have a bet.

I'm also shocked that the outing isn't full.

Ok, so here we go with the clearing up the bet:

If, by 11:59pm on Friday, January 28th the outing IS full, you have to go to the dessert table, choose a small sampling of the desserts, plate it and bring it to me at my table in front of everyone at the THP Dinner on Saturday night at the PGA National Resort.

If by 11:59pm on Friday, January 28th the outing IS NOT full, I will deliver to you, in front of everyone at the Thursday evening Meet and Greet at the iBar (that way you can eat the cookies before Saturday) or at the Saturday dinner if you would prefer, a personal box full of 2 dozen cookies of your chosing from the following (based on travelability of the cookies, you understand): Chocolate chip, Oatmeal Scotchies (those were the cookies you loved the best last year), Oatmeal Raisin, Michigan Ranger (chocolate chip, butterscotch chip, white chocolate chip, coconut, walnut, dried cherries), Snickerdoodle

So, are we on?

Ok, so here we go with the clearing up the bet:

If, by 11:59pm on Friday, January 28th the outing IS full, you have to go to the dessert table, choose a small sampling of the desserts, plate it and bring it to me at my table in front of everyone at the THP Dinner on Saturday night at the PGA National Resort.

If by 11:59pm on Friday, January 28th the outing IS NOT full, I will deliver to you, in front of everyone at the Thursday evening Meet and Greet at the iBar (that way you can eat the cookies before Saturday) or at the Saturday dinner if you would prefer, a personal box full of 2 dozen cookies of your chosing from the following (based on travelability of the cookies, you understand): Chocolate chip, Oatmeal Scotchies (those were the cookies you loved the best last year), Oatmeal Raisin, Michigan Ranger (chocolate chip, butterscotch chip, white chocolate chip, coconut, walnut, dried cherries), Snickerdoodle

So, are we on?

Yeah, I'll take that bet. And I may even share some cookies.

Yeah, I'll take that bet. And I may even share some cookies.

It's on! :highfive:

Ok,come on folks!!

Who wants to come to the most incredible three days of golfing and hanging out with other folks as obsessed with the game as you are on the plant??

Here is what you will experience:

- you get to play on some the nicest and challenging courses you've played on, including The Champions, which will have just hosted the Honda Classic. Last year, the Bear Trap kicked our butts but there wasn't a group that wasn't raving about how much fun they had and how nice the courses were.

- you get to participate in the best hands on demo day on the planet where you will get to try out literally hundreds of clubs ranging from drivers to putters. Last year we had our hands on some of the hot clubs you are just reading about and hearing about at the PGA Merchandise show BEFORE they were released. For many of us, we also got a chance to take out on the course to try in a real round situation clubs that we were interested in buying. This is an invaluable perk.

- you get to meet and hang out with the nicest bunch of golf maniacs you will ever meet. This is the best reason to come down to the outing. When I say I've met life long friends from the outing, they really are life long friends. There wasn't a person at the outing I wouldn't invite to spend the weekend with me and I've never laughed so hard or been as sad to leave a gathering as I was last year. I have no doubts this year will be exactly the same.

- BUT WAIT! That's not ALL!! As the last person signing up for the 2011 THP Golf Outing and Demo Day you will get a round of drinks at the iBar on Setho, including his buy 1 get 1 free drink. You get to choose a batch of the cookies I'm making, including a personal dozen of that type of cookies. AND BEST OF ALL! Now, you will get to witness the infamous, TC (Lefty) of THP's Up & Down, hand deliver to me in front of everyone during the Saturday evening THP dinner a plate of dessert.

So, don't wait. This offer won't last!! Come to West Palm Beach and enjoy the sun, enjoy the fun, enjoy the golf and have the experience of a lifetime. Don't delay. Operators are standing by...

<edited to fix TC's nom de plume on Up & Down>

Last edited:
great post MaryC, except that I'm Lefty, not Jake, lol!

The Man, The Myth, The Legend!

232323232%7Ffp538%3B5%3Enu%3D42%3B6%3E87%3A%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3334%3C9%3B%3A7%3A347nu0mrj

Who wouldn't want to meet this guy?

I think you may have just scared off the last person 9i! Don't be intimidated by TC folks, he is a gentle giant. Of course the best way to find out is to sign up for the FINAL SPOT for the 2011 THP Outing

I think you may have just scared off the last person 9i! Don't be intimidated by TC folks, he is a gentle giant. Of course the best way to find out is to sign up for the FINAL SPOT for the 2011 THP Outing

that's not TC!!! You guys, don't be playing pranks on people. haha, I'm a big softy that's for sure.

great post MaryC, except that I'm Lefty, not Jake, lol!

And yes you are! I was channeling my inner P4B....

And yes you are! I was channeling my inner P4B....

Best be careful with that, there's not much there to channel.

Best be careful with that, there's not much there to channel.

Not touching that with a 60 degree wedge...

But! If you decide to take the last spot of the THP Outing and Demo Day, you can meet BOTH Lefty and Jake of THP Radio's Up & Down. I promise you won't regret that experience because they are the nicest two guys I know, not to mention a riot in action at the iBar.

Not touching that with a 60 degree wedge...

But! If you decide to take the last spot of the THP Outing and Demo Day, you can meet BOTH Lefty and Jake of THP Radio's Up & Down. I promise you won't regret that experience because they are the nicest two guys I know, not to mention a riot in action at the iBar.

Thanks Mary! I'll even sign autographs.

Back