Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

How much time do you have between your flights that will be the key imo.

1:57 in Newark and 3:26 in Chicago.

If I go the Houston route home there's about a 4 hour layover there by comparison.

Newark and Chicago are two of the worst airports for flight delays....it's like a domino effect with them....ORD can handle the delays better though

+100 on this.

Avoid Newark at ALL costs. ATC priority in NYC area is JFK, LGA, then Newark when traffic or weather are problems (which is everyday). Ask me at the iBar about being #52 for take off from Newark once (3 hrs on tarmac) or how I ran with 3 suitcases between AA terminal to Virgin to make connection because we circled Allentown for 90 mins waiting for landing slot into Newark.

Avoid Ohare on late afternoons & allow 90 min for connections if you fly in/out of ORD

+100 on this.

Avoid Newark at ALL costs. ATC priority in NYC area is JFK, LGA, then Newark when traffic or weather are problems (which is everyday). Ask me at the iBar about being #52 for take off from Newark once (3 hrs on tarmac) or how I ran with 3 suitcases between AA terminal to Virgin to make connection because we circled Allentown for 90 mins waiting for landing slot into Newark.

Avoid Ohare on late afternoons & allow 90 min for connections if you fly in/out of ORD

Thanks Mary! I'll stay away from these spots!

So I may not have my scripting done yet, but I can guarantee that one day on the course, I wear the Sligo Wallack.

not going to take G4L's advice and fly out of Seattle? Sure you're saving $350 but there's somethjing to be aid for sanity knowing your bags will be with you and less chance for delays each time you stop

FYI I did take his advice and am flying out of seattle, but I understand all the confusion, all of us canadians look alike.

FYI I did take his advice and am flying out of seattle, but I understand all the confusion, all of us canadians look alike.

Is that because you are all translucent? hehe

hehehe

What color Wallack, JB? That's a beauty of a shirt.

hehehe

What color Wallack, JB? That's a beauty of a shirt.

I like it so much, I might wear all of them at once.

Little food for thought to those attending the Demo Day. DO NOT buy any equipment before the demo day! I repeat Do NOT buy anything. We expect this demo day to be better than ANY we have ever had at a THP outing in terms of sheer quantity. I know everybody is drooling after equipment right now that comes out in Feb, but I have to say, the THP Demo Day is there to be able to hit EVERYTHING side by side on an actual range/course. If you can hold off, you should definitely do so.

I still expect that we will see a few with all new clubs (white and otherwise), but I strongly urge against it if you are going to be at demo day.

Hahahahaha. That's one of the hardest things to do!!!!!!!!!!!

And those of you from Canada, bring sun block and chapstick or lip balm. :alien:

Little food for thought to those attending the Demo Day. DO NOT buy any equipment before the demo day! I repeat Do NOT buy anything. We expect this demo day to be better than ANY we have ever had at a THP outing in terms of sheer quantity. I know everybody is drooling after equipment right now that comes out in Feb, but I have to say, the THP Demo Day is there to be able to hit EVERYTHING side by side on an actual range/course. If you can hold off, you should definitely do so.

I still expect that we will see a few with all new clubs (white and otherwise), but I strongly urge against it if you are going to be at demo day.

That is a huge statement! I can't wait!

I completely agree! I traded a bunch of stuff in before the demo day and I do not regret any of that but I wouldnt do it again, this year I will wait til after. He told me this same thing last year and I didnt listen.

This is going to be so hard to do with whats coming out right now but I am going to stay strong. Don't worry OEM I have 100 spf sunscreen all ready to go for all the "translucent" northerners.

Speaking from experience, this can be really tough, but it's great advice. You will be kicking yourself if the behind after you spend $200 on a club and then wish you'd got a different one.

great post and i think you make some great points. i think what a lot of people need to realize is that A LOT more stuff will be able to be taken on the golf course for on course testing, if i'm correct here. that to me is worth waiting for.

I can 1000% with certainity say you will come down to the demo day thinking you want/need one thing and come back finding out that the one or two things you thought you needed/wanted are changed based on demoing all the gear.

Don't buy anything. You will kick yourself in the rump all the way back home from West Palm Beach if you do.

agreed. plus where else can you actually take the club out for some on course testing? for free no less?
great post and i think you make some great points. i think what a lot of people need to realize is that A LOT more stuff will be able to be taken on the golf course for on course testing, if i'm correct here. that to me is worth waiting for.

No worries here. I know better! :D

In all seriousness though, I am so looking forward to Demo Day, there will be so many new toys to play with it will be crazy!! There's so many things I want to try, I'll be so awesome to try them out and actually (hopefully) get the opportunity to take them out on the course to try aswell. That right there is reason enough to wait IMO.

The problem with not buying anything before the outing is that I have been waiting on some of this stuff since LAST outing.
I really really really want (dare I say, need?) an 18* mashie and have wanted it since september! BUT... the new TM w/ a RIP shaft is going to be out to try as well.

Decisions Decisions

The problem with not buying anything before the outing is that I have been waiting on some of this stuff since LAST outing.
I really really really want (dare I say, need?) an 18* mashie and have wanted it since september! BUT... the new TM w/ a RIP shaft is going to be out to try as well.

Decisions Decisions

Gus, I think the Mashie would be an exception unless a little bird wants to chirp in here...

Hahahahaha. That's one of the hardest things to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Decisions Decisions

Be strong my friends!!! :D

The Mashie could be an exception. A lot of us have hit it numerous times and have even played with it so if someone wanted to pull the trigger on one I think that would be an acceptable 'violation'
Gus, I think the Mashie would be an exception unless a little bird wants to chirp in here...

Decisions Decisions

Back