Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

I love the schedule! Great work!! Who will have to watch the stuff during lunch? I would b emore than happy to. In other words, I am officially volunteering if it has not been said. I dont like to eat heavy lunches anyway.

Lol, ill keep ya company as I prefer liquid lunches.

This brings up avery good point. Do we have to clear out during lunch? Can we quickly eat and come back? Do you need volunteers to to keep watch? I'll volunteer for that too!

you guys are more than welcome to hang out during lunch time guys, i'll more than likely be there to keep things watched.

you guys are more than welcome to hang out during lunch time guys, i'll more than likely be there to keep things watched.

Awesome. I'll need to duck out to eat, but you can count I'll be running there and back. I'll need extra drool time with all the awesome equipment!

I just ordered this for you.

51dBT3998XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This made me laugh! :D

Love the schedule! I think this will work out perfectly for all the demoing of clubs that will go on. Hopefully the launch monitor works out better this way.

Great schedule...see a lot more potential for people finding clubs that work for them

Looks awesome, looking forward to this more and more each day.

Great schedule...see a lot more potential for people finding clubs that work for them

and that my friend will be at a premium for this outing. i hope that no one leaves the outing wondering what may be the best or suitable for themself.

and that my friend will be at a premium for this outing. i hope that no one leaves the outing wondering what may be the best or suitable for themself.

I think that the format of the demo should really help with that this year. To a big extent, it's on the person to use the time to the maximum value and it can be hard. At the April outing, I was just sort of in shock and really missed out on a bunch of stuff. At the September outing I was better at trying things out, but I look back and wonder why I didn't demo certain things. I think it will be impossible to hit everything and get a good opinion on it, but I will be focusing my energy on certain things this time around. I will probably make a list of things that are 'must hits' and take the extra time to peruse the other gear.

I think that the format of the demo should really help with that this year. To a big extent, it's on the person to use the time to the maximum value and it can be hard. At the April outing, I was just sort of in shock and really missed out on a bunch of stuff. At the September outing I was better at trying things out, but I look back and wonder why I didn't demo certain things. I think it will be impossible to hit everything and get a good opinion on it, but I will be focusing my energy on certain things this time around. I will probably make a list of things that are 'must hits' and take the extra time to peruse the other gear.

i hope with an all day event you'll have time to hit and take a note of everything bro. i am digging the all day demo event, i believe that no rock will go unturned, lol

Same thing happened to me back in September. I had a game plan, and for the most part I accomplished it, but I missed out on lots of stuff. I like that this time the irons and hybrids have their own time slot, so there will be time to properly spend time with them too, and still have lots of time for drivers and fairways.

ok guys and gals, since this one has filled up, which excites me to no end, team THP has decided to really start focusing on the itinerary for the demo day portion of the outing. we learned a lot based off of last years demo day and we believe that this years will be bigger and better than ever!

thanks to all of your feedback we know that everyone wants to spend some time on the launch monitor so we have come up with an agenda that we feel will be suitable for everyone involved.

here's what we have come up with:

9am - 11am (Irons/Hybrids)

we thought it would be best if we started the demo day out with irons and hybrids, this way everyone gets the chance to get properly warmed up, similar to how we would before tee'ing it up.

we ask that everyone focus on these particular products as companies are really stepping up to make the 2011 outing monumental

11am-Noon (lunch break)

Noon - 3pm (drivers and fwy woods)

we've decided to dedicate a solid 3 hours specifically to drivers and fairway woods, that way not one single item can be missed for the testers

after this session there will be a contest involving an interesting shot that must be made with a driver! this one is gonna be a ton of fun!

3:30 pm - 5 pm (wedges/putters)

the late afternoon session will be dedicated to the short game! there will be more flatsticks and wedges out there, so get your straight back and straight through technique polished up!

after this session there will be a puttind AND a chipping contest! for those of you who attended last year, you know how much fun this will be!

launch monitor session

we will have a sign up sheet available for all those in attendance at the outing. everyone will be able to sign up for a timed amount (we're tentatively thinking 15 minutes per person) on the launch monitor. we are working on having a power source on the range so that the launch monitor is up and running for the duration of the demo day. the launch monitor sessions will begin at/around 9:30am so that whoever goes first has time to warm up.

guys/gals, it's imperative that we keep the launch monitor space clear and free of bystanders. we want to dedicate that time to the individual and the THP staff member who will be assisting with the fitting. time is of the utmost importance and it will take a group effort from all of us to respect those who are currently testing drivers and shafts.

does this sound like a good idea to you guys?

Sounds great TC! Can't wait to see the new products and get on the monitor.

Sounds great TC! Can't wait to see the new products and get on the monitor.

thanks maryc! i can't wait to see you hit some bombs out there on the range

Spoiler
and maybe eat a cookie or two :)

i hope with an all day event you'll have time to hit and take a note of everything bro. i am digging the all day demo event, i believe that no rock will go unturned, lol

Me too. It is definitely the best way to give everyone the opportunity to maximize their experience. In a way, I'm just trying to share our experience with others, so they make the most of their time.

Aside from fairways and some driver work, I think I will be trying to help others this time around as much as I can.

Me too. It is definitely the best way to give everyone the opportunity to maximize their experience. In a way, I'm just trying to share our experience with others, so they make the most of their time.

Aside from fairways and some driver work, I think I will be trying to help others this time around as much as I can.

and the fact that you're the newest staffer, dang right you will be, lol!!!! nah, it's nice going into the event with just a couple of things on the radar, but i believe it would be very valuable for you to hit/demo as much as possible.

this is something I didn't do enough of last time that I plan to do more of this time around.
and the fact that you're the newest staffer, dang right you will be, lol!!!! nah, it's nice going into the event with just a couple of things on the radar, but i believe it would be very valuable for you to hit/demo as much as possible.

Will there be a sign up sheet to get some Hawk? Or is it first come first server basis?

this is something I didn't do enough of last time that I plan to do more of this time around.

i believe you should as well. in fact, i think all the testers of THP should try to hit anything and everything. i don't mind man'ing the launch monitor and helping others. perhaps that's why i ended up a lefty.

Believe me it wasn't my intent but I really liked walking around meeting people and answering their questions about what they were hitting, etc. Unfortuantely when it came time to answer questions about what gear they were hitting I usually had to go 'let me see' and take a few swings with that particular club before I could comment.

Just had a thought....JB/GG would it be possible for the testers to hit some stuff early before the demo day starts in order to get a feel for certain clubs, etc? Or will there not be enough time with set up and prep to do this?
i believe you should as well. in fact, i think all the testers of THP should try to hit anything and everything. i don't mind man'ing the launch monitor and helping others. perhaps that's why i ended up a lefty.

Just had a thought....JB/GG would it be possible for the testers to hit some stuff early before the demo day starts in order to get a feel for certain clubs, etc? Or will there not be enough time with set up and prep to do this?

Not sure with the amount of gear that we expect to be coming that there will be time to do so.

The detailed plans sound good to me , looks like a bottle of Advil will be in need from all the club swinging going on ! :D
Was also wanting to know if anyone is playing on Monday morning as my flight won't leave till 5:30PM , and check out time is noon I believe and no use sitting around waiting .

Back