Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Thanks Thainer. You da man!

I may or may not have been called that a few times in my short time on this planet
Thanks Thainer. You da man!

Denmark eh? Hm... Interesting. Never met someone from Denmark before, looking forward to it. And all of you fine ladies and gentlemen.

That would be me yes. :peace2:

Thats awesome man, a long trip for a great event. I thought for sure I was going to be the one travelling the furthest for the Outing and then BOOM last guy in is flying from Europe. Well played sir.

Hehe.

I've been pondering visiting the US for the longest time, and as I'm travelling alone this presents a great opportunity to meet some new people. Also being the spacenut that I am, the fact that the outing is in Florida made it seem like a perfect opportunity.

Hehe.

I've been pondering visiting the US for the longest time, and as I'm travelling alone this presents a great opportunity to meet some new people. Also being the spacenut that I am, the fact that the outing is in Florida made it seem like a perfect opportunity.

Look forward to meeting you. The US is a really cool country to explore and very diverse, plus while America gets a bad rap world wide, I have found Americans to be very great people.

Look forward to meeting you. The US is a really cool country to explore and very diverse, plus while America gets a bad rap world wide, I have found Americans to be very great people.

That is because you have not met this bunch yet. You might have a whole new outlook on this country after spending time with the THP crew....HAHA! I kid of course.

That is because you have not met this bunch yet. You might have a whole new outlook on this country after spending time with the THP crew....HAHA! I kid of course.

Sort of. lol

Agree completely. I don't know too many Americans outside of the THP crew but these truly are a very nice group of people and seeing as THP spans all across America I think it's safe to say that Americans do get a bad rap. I can't wait for May so I can see old friends again and meet some new ones!

Ok so we have 50 coming to the outing. How many golfers will be playing?

I think there is 50 golfers, + guests.

I am trying to figure out how they are going to make the pairings as their will be a couple of fivesomes it appears.

I am trying to figure out how they are going to make the pairings as their will be a couple of fivesomes it appears.

I've been wondering that myself, and how are the pairings chosen?

Remember JB and GG were not part of that 50. I think there will be 3somes as well.

probably some combination of 4's and 3's, like 11 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3. GolferGal will make it work

Remember JB and GG were not part of that 50. I think there will be 3somes as well.

that's right, so 13 groups of 4 makes 52 then

ok I knew there would be an odd amount so it was interesting on how they would make the pairings?

that's right, so 13 groups of 4 makes 52 then

Well, you also have to think of the females (if similar format to last outing) where there will not be an even number. In any case JB and GG will make it happen.

I think there is 50 golfers, + guests.

You should not think...hehe

As always, GG has all of this handled.

I've been wondering that myself, and how are the pairings chosen?

With care and effort.

There will not be 5 somes I can guarantee you that.

You should never guarantee things you cannot control...hehe

My group could finish as a 5 in most of the foursomes...:act-up:

To answer all the questions....

- Yes, there will be 50 golfers, however if you include me and JB then it's really 52 and then we have guests (significant others not golfing).
- I will be making the pairings and most likely we will have a few 3somes because you have to take into account that the women will not be playing with the men unless they can/want to play from different tees. It gets too complicated to have people playing from different tees and it will slow down play too much. Plus the ladies like to gab too much ; )
- I will be making the pairings in about a month or so. I have to give the groups to the hotel about 60 days ahead of time so they can start blocking off tee times for us.
- I will try and make sure that everyone plays with someone new both days. That was my goal last time too was to have new groups for both days. It might not be that easy for the ladies but hopefully I can make it work for the men.

I think that answered everything and if not ask again please. :smile:

To answer all the questions....

- Yes, there will be 50 golfers, however if you include me and JB then it's really 52 and then we have guests (significant others not golfing).
- I will be making the pairings and most likely we will have a few 3somes because you have to take into account that the women will not be playing with the men unless they can/want to play from different tees. It gets too complicated to have people playing from different tees and it will slow down play too much. Plus the ladies like to gab too much ; )
- I will be making the pairings in about a month or so. I have to give the groups to the hotel about 60 days ahead of time so they can start blocking off tee times for us.
- I will try and make sure that everyone plays with someone new both days. That was my goal last time too was to have new groups for both days. It might not be that easy for the ladies but hopefully I can make it work for the men.

I think that answered everything and if not ask again please. :smile:

Thank you very much GG that answered any questions I had.

Back