Oh, geez... I did it again (club purchase)

WMac19

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here I am, still months away from swinging a club due to my latest back injury, and I bought another club anyway.

10.5° Ping G400 Max with stiff Aldila Tour Green ATX shaft.

Couple of weeks ago it was a new set of W/S C300 Forged, now this. Hey, I like looking at 'em, LOL.

So am I just hopeless, or what?!

Totally blind purchase as I'd only hit the G400 Max for one swing with a different shaft. It made an impact.

I have the Aldila Tour Blue ATX in my Rogue SZ so I have confidence that the Green will also be a good match for me.

Reading this brings a tear of joy to my eye.

I'm so proud of you!

Gotta feed the addiction someway, haha.

you will love the max!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Best driver I’ve ever swung ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading this brings a tear of joy to my eye.

I'm so proud of you!
LOL... me too.

Had equal interest between this, the Cortex and the Exotics EXS.

The shaft, albeit a 5 or so yr old release, decided for me. Love the Blue but had to tone the swing down a hair to get the most out of it. Theorizing that the slightly firmer tip and lower launch of the Green will be a good match for me.

In like, May.

Btw, I blame all of you, every single one of you who've commented in the G400 Max thread.

My nonexistent powers of will were no match for your ninja-voodoo enabling.

Yep you will enjoy the heck out of that. Great driver.

At least it's a solid purchase! Nice club!

at least you made a "GOOD" purchase; Hope your back gets well soon to be able to give it a spin. I know how those back issues can wreck you for a spell.

The G-max is a great stick. I was partial to the stock ping stiff (tfc think). In my testing against the HB launcher that i taped up I was just as consistent so i kept the coins in my pocket for now down the road, who knows. Glad to know you will have new toys in April when i swing though.

1 swing is plenty for an internet golfer...haha. Enjoy your new driver!

Another MAX convert!

Regarding the shafts... years ago at the THP Legacy, I requested the Aldila Tour Green ATX for my driver. When we got there I was really disappointed to find the Tour Blue installed instead. Initially on the range I couldn't hit anything but ballooning, high spinning fades with the Tour Blue. After about 50 balls & drastic set up & swing changes, I was able to get the flight down & turn the ball left to right. I ended up playing pretty well that event, but I had to learn not to go hard with the driver. When I swung hard, bad things happened.

Just telling you that so you'll be prepared for the differences between the Green & the Blue. If your experience with them is anything like mine, you'll have to swing harder to get the Green to perform. So hopefully your back is much better by then.

Until then, keep buying. More stuff for the Marketplace. :alien:

The G-max is a great stick. I was partial to the stock ping stiff (tfc think). In my testing against the HB launcher that i taped up I was just as consistent so i kept the coins in my pocket for now down the road, who knows. Glad to know you will have new toys in April when i swing though.
Yeah, stock Ping shafts have seemingly always been pretty darn good.

I'm gonna do all that I can to be ready to play by April, partner!

Regarding the shafts... years ago at the THP Legacy, I requested the Aldila Tour Green ATX for my driver. When we got there I was really disappointed to find the Tour Blue installed instead. Initially on the range I couldn't hit anything but ballooning, high spinning fades with the Tour Blue. After about 50 balls & drastic set up & swing changes, I was able to get the flight down & turn the ball left to right. I ended up playing pretty well that event, but I had to learn not to go hard with the driver. When I swung hard, bad things happened.

Just telling you that so you'll be prepared for the differences between the Green & the Blue. If your experience with them is anything like mine, you'll have to swing harder to get the Green to perform. So hopefully your back is much better by then.

Until then, keep buying. More stuff for the Marketplace. :alien:
Yeah, that aligns pretty well with what my perception/intuition has been telling me wrt the differences between the Blue and Green through the numerous reviews I've read.

Strangely enough though, I seem to have a pretty wide barometer wrt suitable driver shafts. Anything from the RIP Alpha to Fuji Vista Tour will work well for me. I have a slight negative AOA and ballooning is what I have to be on the lookout for most.

I've sure missed in the past with my blind purchasing habits but I'm on a pretty good streak for a few years now. Even that part, guessing right (hopefully), is fun for me.

Back