Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

gmiller598;n8889638 said:
Cool. I'm sure we can find a course somewhere that helps split the difference a bit too?

I could potentially be in this Sat as well. Depending on where you guys end up/what time

Nerdy_81;n8892578 said:
I could potentially be in this Sat as well. Depending on where you guys end up/what time

I’ll see what I can find for the weekend. OSU is a noon game and I have soccer tickets in the evening so I’d ideally plan to get out around 11 depending on what course openings look like.
i’d imagine the OSU crowd is winding up at that time.

Anyone play Split Rock in Orient? It comes up in GolfNow with decent reviews but I’ve never been down there. I’m guessing it shouldn’t be too far off of 71

gmiller598;n8892718 said:
Anyone play Split Rock in Orient? It comes up in GolfNow with decent reviews but I’ve never been down there. I’m guessing it shouldn’t be too far off of 71

I’ve played it a few times about 5 years ago. Was just another course. I remember it being fine and I’d play there again but it’s not anything special.

We playing tomorrow fellas?

Ok. Maybe we can shoot for next weekend then. No worries, I had another guy asking me so I just wanted to see what was up.

Nerdy_81;n8894905 said:
Ok. Maybe we can shoot for next weekend then. No worries, I had another guy asking me so I just wanted to see what was up.

I think next weekend should work for me. I wanted to try to get out today or tomorrow but it doesn't look like its in the cards for me.

Anyone up for a Saturday afternoon round in the Columbus area?

1/2 West of Cleveland here :banana:

Anyone playing this weekend around the western/central side of the state? Been awhile since I've played with some THPers with just getting back from this Achilles tear.

Played The Virtues on Saturday with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. Course was in great shape given the heat and lack of rain in the area. I did find out that they are building two "cabins" on the property. Would be cool to see a THP team event there given the ability to say on the property in the near future. I know there have been THP events there in the past, and the course is definitely still worthy even after the change from Longaberger to Virtues.

Anybody play New Albany Links lately? There's a coupon for $25 for 18/cart:

But reviews say it's in lousy shape. What's your opinion?

Anybody play New Albany Links lately? There's a coupon for $25 for 18/cart:

But reviews say it's in lousy shape. What's your opinion?

Played it back in June. Was in good shape then but I don’t know how it’s been as the summer has gone.

Anyone in the Cincinnati area with an established handicap available for 18-36 holes at Snow Hill tomorrow morning at 9am? Not sure if they found anyone to fill in, but a guy in our group dropped out today leaving his teammate without a partner tomorrow. We were going to play 18 for the competition, I think 9 best ball and 9 scramble, then another 18 just for fun.

Anyone in the Cincinnati area with an established handicap available for 18-36 holes at Snow Hill tomorrow morning at 9am? Not sure if they found anyone to fill in, but a guy in our group dropped out today leaving his teammate without a partner tomorrow. We were going to play 18 for the competition, I think 9 best ball and 9 scramble, then another 18 just for fun.

Damn, if I wasn’t on call I’d volunteer. Hopefully he can find someone

Wish i could support, man. Committed to a scramble tomorrow.

Dang man wish I would have seen this sooner (and hadn't had company all day) would have loved to have gotten out

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Any of you following along with the Ohio High School Division 1 Golf Championship? Max Moldovan is going for a 3-peat and is currently tied for the lead with two to play.

Kid is a phenom!!!

Any of you following along with the Ohio High School Division 1 Golf Championship? Max Moldovan is going for a 3-peat and is currently tied for the lead with two to play.

Kid is a phenom!!!
I have been following along one of the area schools qualified. Team has 3 brothers on it, one of them is t4.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have been following along one of the area schools qualified. Team has 3 brothers on it, one of them is t4.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s pretty cool. Max was the only qualifier from our team.
I’ve been following along all day and just heard he shot a 76 today and lost by 2 strokes. Finished sole 2nd.
Pretty excited to see what the next chapter is his golf career brings.

Back