Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Those of you that are members at courses, have said if they are closed, if they’ll allow you to walk the course?

Those of you that are members at courses, have said if they are closed, if they’ll allow you to walk the course?

Haven't heard from our club (Ivy Hills) about the course. The kitchen will be staying open for takeout orders.

That'll be especially interesting now with the shelter at home or w/e they are calling it in place after today. You're still allowed to go to parks and outside, just not to playgrounds. So I wonder if courses will let members walk.

our course is closed because of conditions and then the mandatory closure of restaurants and bars. However, we are allowed to remain open for takeout orders and even take home beer. Theyve been running some amazing specials and deals. Friday they ran a fish fry lent special (doing so every friday in Lent anyways) that completely sold out and they took in over 100+ orders.

In regards to the season opening? Id say we are still a couple weeks away because of wet conditions. Once that starts to dry out.....we will be good to go. One person to a cart or walking permitted. The again, we are private so we have a bit more flexibility in that regard.

DeWines order:

Allowance to leave the house:
For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined below, such as by way of example and without limitation walking, hiking, or biking. Individuals my go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas. However, public access playgrounds may increase spread of COVID-19, and therefore shall be closed.

As such, with no legal background so not giving advice to anyone using this message, I am deeming the message that a golf course is an outdoor recreation area where I will be walking/hiking while maintaining Social Distancing procedures. This assumes the course is open.

DeWines order:

Allowance to leave the house:
For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined below, such as by way of example and without limitation walking, hiking, or biking. Individuals my go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas. However, public access playgrounds may increase spread of COVID-19, and therefore shall be closed.

As such, with no legal background so not giving advice to anyone using this message, I am deeming the message that a golf course is an outdoor recreation area where I will be walking/hiking while maintaining Social Distancing procedures. This assumes the course is open.
a course around the corner from my house (Mallard Creek- fairly MEH at best) seemed to be hopping yesterday and it was 32 degrees outside lol. I saw carts, guys walking, etc. People are playing

a course around the corner from my house (Mallard Creek- fairly MEH at best) seemed to be hopping yesterday and it was 32 degrees outside lol. I saw carts, guys walking, etc. People are playing

Hahaha - Don't MEH one of the courses I play! haha - I am one of the guys out there playing! I conducted a poll - quantity over quality... easy access - early tee times as part of that fairways package. We will see if its worth it so far its fun

Cincinnati shut down all of the city-ran courses today.
All of Columbus ran courses closed 2 weeks ago. But a lot of the other courses here are still open.

Turkeyfoot in the Akron area is still open, they are taking tons of precautions with cleaning carts, no going in the club house etc. It is a great track and it sounds like they have no plan to close. Planning on getting out there on Thursday!

Turkeyfoot in the Akron area is still open, they are taking tons of precautions with cleaning carts, no going in the club house etc. It is a great track and it sounds like they have no plan to close. Planning on getting out there on Thursday!
Added bonus - that course is built on sand - ultimate drainage so it stays dry throughout the year.

Added bonus - that course is built on sand - ultimate drainage so it stays dry throughout the year.

Yup! Huge benefit. Playing my league there this year. Rain will not stop us!

So it sounds like golf courses in Ohio will be allowed to remain open, according to my buddy that manages a golf shop.

So it sounds like golf courses in Ohio will be allowed to remain open, according to my buddy that manages a golf shop.

It’s course to course. I know they just shut down NorthStar.

Just got word from our club that they are staying open:

The golf course will remain open and golf carts will continue to be available. We will be limiting golf carts to one rider each (families may ride together). The golf shop staff will be sanitizing the carts before and after each use. Please note that there are only 60 carts in our fleet so availability may be limited on the busiest days. Access to the clubhouse will be restricted. Please inform the golf shop staff if you need your clubs or items out of your lockers as you will not be able to retrieve them. There will be minor modifications to the course to keep players safe. Please keep proper distancing when on the course. Chris Matteini, Head Golf Professional, will be sending out very detailed instructions on the new golf course protocols.

It’s course to course. I know they just shut down NorthStar.
Yea I bet they are technically allowed, but would be real hard coming up, especially for public. Private still have their member fees and now aren't operating much else, so they might actually do better in this as long as the members keep paying.

Courses down here are staying open. Just have to follow some rules - 1 person per cart, flag stays in, etc

FYI....
2E5E0D12-A849-44D9-8B86-EA4DE26F61D7.jpeg

And also this...

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]We had one rainout at Turkeyfoot last year, and that was just because there was so much rain that there was some damage to the course. Drained fine, but they wanted to fix things up.

We got an email from out club that they were petitioning the governor to stay open. Looks like it was approved according to some of the communications I see above. I went out twice last week and it was great. Course was empty and I just walked right out.

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]We had one rainout at Turkeyfoot last year, and that was just because there was so much rain that there was some damage to the course. Drained fine, but they wanted to fix things up.

Only one rainout? That is a solid season. Have you played your league at The Foot over the years?

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]My work league has played there the past 3 or 4 seasons.

Back