Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I didn't play in a league there. Four of us from our league at Tammy joined. Last year golf was $99/month plus cart fees, annual golf fee of $399, quarterly food and beverage $225. Monthly golf fees increased to $130/month this year starting on your individual anniversary date, but we knew this when joining last year. After being public for a few years they went back to private this year, which was their goal. They had a tremendous response to the membership special offered last year, and they've added more memberships from Rosemont in Fairlawn closing, so we'll see if it feels more crowded this year. Last year 3 1/2 hours was considered a long 18. The food at Prestwick has been very good, so $225 has been easy to spend, and that is low compared to most clubs.

So about a $3k outlay. How much is the full
Blown membership with pool access and such ?

my wife priced out a season pass at Sanctuary for me and it was $1800 i think. I’d argue Sanctuary is a nicer track if you’re looking for membership options.

I wonder if Prestwick will allow anyone to play again. I know last year through Golfnow you could get on for like $35. So it wasn’t exactly Private.

Last edited:
I didn't play in a league there. Four of us from our league at Tammy joined. Last year golf was $99/month plus cart fees, annual golf fee of $399, quarterly food and beverage $225. Monthly golf fees increased to $130/month this year starting on your individual anniversary date, but we knew this when joining last year. After being public for a few years they went back to private this year, which was their goal. They had a tremendous response to the membership special offered last year, and they've added more memberships from Rosemont in Fairlawn closing, so we'll see if it feels more crowded this year. Last year 3 1/2 hours was considered a long 18. The food at Prestwick has been very good, so $225 has been easy to spend, and that is low compared to most clubs.

That is great to hear! Fair fees without a doubt.

Prestwick holds a special place in my heart, got married there and own a duplex on the other side of the Creek by 12 fairway.

That makes sense. I feel like it is hard to find places where you can fly around solo? What is the go to track?

I pick and choose my spots usually. Will often just look at online tee times during the week and if a large group are still avail I’ll book
Then and just take some PTO to play.

but that usually means playing like a 7am round on a Tues morning.

courses like Chenoweth, Raintree, Arrowhead, Chippewa etc are usually pretty dead week days from 7-2 before leagues start.
[/QUOTE]

Out of those 4 you mentioned I like Chippewa the most. That dang triangle of death :eek:

I pick and choose my spots usually. Will often just look at online tee times during the week and if a large group are still avail I’ll book
Then and just take some PTO to play.

but that usually means playing like a 7am round on a Tues morning.

courses like Chenoweth, Raintree, Arrowhead, Chippewa etc are usually pretty dead week days from 7-2 before leagues start.

Out of those 4 you mentioned I like Chippewa the most. That dang triangle of death :eek:
[/QUOTE]
Yeah Chippewa is probably the nicest for sure out of those 4. Yeah 14-15-16 is kinda like carnival golf. Once time I told myself...if I can play these in 3 over par I will be happy.

Pars on 14 and 15 and then triple bogied 16, lol Got my +3 gosh darn it lol

So about a $3k outlay. How much is the full
Blown membership with pool access and such ?

my wife priced out a season pass at Sanctuary for me and it was $1800 i think. I’d argue Sanctuary is a nicer track if you’re looking for membership options.

I wonder if Prestwick will allow anyone to play again. I know last year through Golfnow you could get on for like $35. So it wasn’t exactly Private.
Those prices in previous post is a full membership. However, those were special rates for a 2 year deal to boost membership. I think it's up to $230/month for golf, but not sure. It was still public last year, so anyone could still play. Sanctuary is a very nice course. Muni's don't always work out, but they do a nice job there, course is always in nice shape.

I played Fox Den Monday - it was in pretty good shape. Nice to be out swinging clubs again.

Those prices in previous post is a full membership. However, those were special rates for a 2 year deal to boost membership. I think it's up to $230/month for golf, but not sure. It was still public last year, so anyone could still play. Sanctuary is a very nice course. Muni's don't always work out, but they do a nice job there, course is always in nice shape.

Got it. I’ve only played the Wick 4 or 5 times and a couple of the holes were always under water with areas roped off. Is it like that all the time ?

Got it. I’ve only played the Wick 4 or 5 times and a couple of the holes were always under water with areas roped off. Is it like that all the time ?

Prestwick does not drain well, just like Raintree. If there is a streak of rain, you gotta avoid it for a couple days.

No, but they do have drainage problems in a couple of areas because all of the ponds are only 1-2 feet deep, they need dredged badly. Last year a couple of holes on the back nine were unplayable for a about a week because they were too wet. It rained through June last year, so a lot of courses had issues. They've reached an agreement with the city of Green, who is need of retention ponds because of all the recent construction at 241/I-77, so the plan is to dig them to 10-15 feet deep with Green doing the work. Pretty ambitious project with about 12 ponds, but will benefit both parties. NE Ohio has rolling terrain for the most part, so it's amazing how flat Prestwick is, very easy to walk, but flat doesn't lend to good drainage.

Was talking to the guys at Chippewa... Anyone want to tear it up? (Metaphor not literal as I love that course!)

Screenshot_20200422-094553__01.jpg

Was talking to the guys at Chippewa... Anyone want to tear it up? (Metaphor not literal as I love that course!)

View attachment 8938778
Now that looks like fun, they had one on display when I played out there about a month ago, wonder how much they're charging for them?

Now that looks like fun, they had one on display when I played out there about a month ago, wonder how much they're charging for them?
They do look like fun, would love to give them a go!

View attachment 8938778

Looks like fun except for the fact I can barely ride a bicycle would probably be the first and only “cart” that I would send into the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 8938778
Used these twice last year.
1st time scared the crap out of me.
2nd time was much better. There fun.

1 problem: Other golfers hit into us constently b/c they are used to looking for carts not these bikes.
My buddy had to have a few words with people. He wouldn't let me b/c I was too pissed off already.
I should mention my buddy is a Marine and has a way of making people understand that they need to do better.
This talked happened between 12 green & 13 tee.

All this said, try them. See how you like them.

They can be for sure. Just don't drive it into a tree or the water, especially 15/16
ok you have to share the story!?
No real story but when you are coming down 14, playing 15 & 16 there some slope that if you are not paying attention or used to a motorized 2 wheeler the tires can slide a bit.
They did on me & it was bone dry in the rough.
If I did lose it I would have fallen into the water.
This would have been double bad since I cut the corner & drove my tee ball into the drink.
1 wet ball & can get over, but 3.... not so much :p
(it's also a 40 minute drive home from this course)

No real story but when you are coming down 14, playing 15 & 16 there some slope that if you are not paying attention or used to a motorized 2 wheeler the tires can slide a bit.
This would have been double bad since I cut the corner & drove my tee ball into the drink.
Immediately when these motor bikes were mentioned I thought of the Triangle holes. Wonder how many wrecks they’ve encountered on those holes. Do the bikes have a speed governor on them ?

yeah that slope on 14 is nuts especially on a bike. an 15 would have to be 90* back to the path.

City courses here in Columbus appear to start opening back up on the 12th. Most clubs and privately owned courses open here and there for walking and one person per cart.

City courses here in Columbus appear to start opening back up on the 12th. Most clubs and privately owned courses open here and there for walking and one person per cart.

Great news! What course are you playing first?

Great news! What course are you playing first?

I would like to get out to New Albany CC but we will see! I have a buddy that is a member but I haven’t gotten a chance to play there yet. Any recommendations?

Westchester in Canal Winchester is a frequent stop in my course rotation. Usually can find a Hot Deal there for under $30 w/ a cart. Fine course for the price.

Back