Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Wow that's nuts

I have played North Star several times. Solid golf course that you need to play more than once because on some holes from the tee it is difficult to know where to aim your shot. Greens were really good.

Anyone played Deer Ridge Golf Club in Mansfield / Bellville?

I've played it once, great track from my (admittedly pretty buzzed) memory. Front is really hilly, back is a bit flatter. Would not hesitate to play it again.

Yes, played it the past 2 years. The course is a lot of fun, good layout, was in good shape both time I played. The greens were pretty quick, but rolled true. Definitely worth the drive to go and play.

Playing 18 on Sunday @ Deer Ridge Golf Club

Playing 18 on Sunday @ Deer Ridge Golf Club
Have fun it is a good track other than stupid uphill par 3 7th hole. You will have to report on the greens. I did not think they were bad when I have played there, but others have reported them being crazy depending on hole location.

Have fun it is a good track other than stupid uphill par 3 7th hole. You will have to report on the greens. I did not think they were bad when I have played there, but others have reported them being crazy depending on hole location.
Will do... I will probably do a live round depending on playing partners / speed and golf.

Yes, #7 can be a brutal hole, especially into the wind

There is quite a bit of elevation changes on this course. Wow looks like fun. Hope conditions are good. But company will be nice only 3rd round not solo

Talk about a lot of blind shots on the front. Played like poo for many of the holes but bright spots as well.

We got up to hole 7 and thought wtf🤔🧐... I remember the comments. Wow...

Also 18 seems a little strange with the flat and then mountain climb.

Greens were bumpy but other than that great challenging course.

Last edited:
Playing 18 at the Airport Golf Course with some buddies on Wednesday. Fairly decent for a city course. Plus it's not the longest course in the world and makes me feel like I'm better than I actually am. :p

Playing 18 at the Airport Golf Course with some buddies on Wednesday. Fairly decent for a city course. Plus it's not the longest course in the world and makes me feel like I'm better than I actually am. :p
Fun course

Most definitely. The front 9 looks great from the redesign they did about 5-10 years ago.
Awesome can you post some pics? Always curious as i have a Columbus crew that I join for golf. Usually new era courses. More ideas are great.

Airport can get run down over the summer... usually the greens are rough by August. Layout is ok, does make you feel good about your game early in the year. Short par 5, #1 is a feel good start

Awesome can you post some pics? Always curious as i have a Columbus crew that I join for golf. Usually new era courses. More ideas are great.

Absolutely, will do! I have played New Albany Links before and I'm trying to get out to Clover Valley or Royal American. Any suggestions?

Airport can get run down over the summer... usually the greens are rough by August. Layout is ok, does make you feel good about your game early in the year. Short par 5, #1 is a feel good start

I played it a few times toward the end of last year but that's about it. The 99 yard par 3 is a fun time.

Absolutely, will do! I have played New Albany Links before and I'm trying to get out to Clover Valley or Royal American. Any suggestions?

I played it a few times toward the end of last year but that's about it. The 99 yard par 3 is a fun time.
We liked royal American great finishing hole tries to links style. A flat sprawling course with a few trees. Fun design on a few holes.

For new era courses, I like Bent Tree in Sunbury and Golf Club of Dublin. Royal American is fun, haven't played Clover Valley.

Out a little past Clover Valley is Denison Golf Course in Granville, that's usually in great shape, not very long, but the small greens make up for that in added difficulty. (Not a New Era course)

Back