Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Was the course setup easy for the qualifier? these guys will play here on this weekends tourney right? -10 by a borderline pro?

Sorry for the comments as I have no idea how this stuff works.

Yep they get to play in the workday event that starts Thursday. TCC isn't a hard course, we figured super low would have to be shot to get in.

Was the course setup easy for the qualifier? these guys will play here on this weekends tourney right? -10 by a borderline pro?

Sorry for the comments as I have no idea how this stuff works.
They played the country club at Muirfield Village for the Monday Q. The Workday and Memorial will be played at Muirfield Village Golf Club. They are two entirely different golf courses.

Donnie Tosper shot -10 and is a first or second year pro having graduated from MSU in 2019. He played in the Rocket Mortage last week and missed the cut.

They played the country club at Muirfield Village for the Monday Q. The Workday and Memorial will be played at Muirfield Village Golf Club. They are two entirely different golf courses.

Donnie Tosper shot -10 and is a first or second year pro having graduated from MSU in 2019. He played in the Rocket Mortage last week and missed the cut.
Thanks for the clarification. Didnt realize qualifier was different course. Thanks that makes sense.

F/U Question - does every tournament have a Monday qualifier?

Thanks for the clarification. Didnt realize qualifier was different course. Thanks that makes sense.

F/U Question - does every tournament have a Monday qualifier?
Every tournament does not have a Monday Q. Full field events such as the Workday have Monday Q's. Elevated Status/Invitationals such a Memorial or Bay Hill do not have Monday Q's. In order to get into a Monday Q a player must have status on The Korn Ferry or PGA tours or been a PGA tour member in 2016/17/18. If you do not meet the status requirements for the Monday Q. There is a pre-qualifier the week before on Thursday. The top 40 and ties from the pre-qual get into the Monday Q. Then top 2 from Monday Q get into that week's event. Here is the list of remaining PGA Monday Q's https://qualifying.pgatourhq.com/open-qualifying/pga-tour

Monday Q's are a tough go. This week's Korn Ferry Monday Q had over 200 players for 8 spots (4 at each site) at two sites. At first site 4 guys tied with 63 to claim the spots. At the 2nd site 3 guys shot 62 to get the first 3 spots. 8 guys shot 63 resulting in 8 for 1 playoff for the remaining spot. Korn Ferry has a Monday Q for every event except the playoffs and LPGA has Monday Q's as well.

Every tournament does not have a Monday Q. Full field events such as the Workday have Monday Q's. Elevated Status/Invitationals such a Memorial or Bay Hill do not have Monday Q's. In order to get into a Monday Q a player must have status on The Korn Ferry or PGA tours or been a PGA tour member in 2016/17/18. If you do not meet the status requirements for the Monday Q. There is a pre-qualifier the week before on Thursday. The top 40 and ties from the pre-qual get into the Monday Q. Then top 2 from Monday Q get into that week's event. Here is the list of remaining PGA Monday Q's https://qualifying.pgatourhq.com/open-qualifying/pga-tour

Monday Q's are a tough go. This week's Korn Ferry Monday Q had over 200 players for 8 spots (4 at each site) at two sites. At first site 4 guys tied with 63 to claim the spots. At the 2nd site 3 guys shot 62 to get the first 3 spots. 8 guys shot 63 resulting in 8 for 1 playoff for the remaining spot. Korn Ferry has a Monday Q for every event except the playoffs and LPGA has Monday Q's as well.

Today I Learned!

If your on twitter and want to go further down the rabbit hole of Monday Q's and Mini tours. Monday Q info provides a ton of info and stories https://twitter.com/acaseofthegolf1 IMO the one of the best golf follows on twitter
Now you are just fuelingy golf addiction and mixing in a new drug! Haha now I get to follow even more golf TH-Monday!

Excited to cross another Top 100 off the list heading to Virtues Golf Club on Wednesday. Really excited to play this course after all the great things I have heard and read.

Hello gang! Been awhile since posting here but this Covid19 stuff has me more focused on playing locally.
Is there any talk of getting an Ohio gathering together? I may have an interest in showing my old, limping game with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Excited to cross another Top 100 off the list heading to Virtues Golf Club on Wednesday. Really excited to play this course after all the great things I have heard and read.

@Gman79 Re-reading/Studying some of your feedback on Virtues 🤞🏼

Pl
@Gman79 Re-reading/Studying some of your feedback on Virtues 🤞🏼
Ease do a live round! A stretch of holes that's awesome is
2 (top of hill par 4)
4. (huge downhill par 5 protected green with water right)
5. (Narrow chute par 3)
6. Nice winding par 4. (Iron tee box due to short landing zone)

Then I think the links on the back 9 stretch
12. (Kicks off par 3 with fescue)
13 long 4 grip and rip beautiful scene
15 par 5 be way left.
18 is a beaut.

Wish I were playing it with you. Here is some fun...

Yardage book

@Gman79 just looked at that yardage book and laughed because on #4 I was playing with someone that hit a 350 yard drive to where the cart path crosses the fairway, thinking they'd have a chance at eagle and proceeded to put 1 in each of the 2 hazards by the green. Yes, bladed a wedge over the back of the green into the marsh/fescue after putting his second in the pond on the right. Pretty sure he just walked to the par 3 tee box after that.

Pl

2 (top of hill par 4)
5. (Narrow chute par 3)

15 par 5 be way left.
18 is a beaut.

Yardage book
All great holes but how could you leave number 8 off. It is the best hole on the golf course IMO

Hello gang! Been awhile since posting here but this Covid19 stuff has me more focused on playing locally.
Is there any talk of getting an Ohio gathering together? I may have an interest in showing my old, limping game with you guys.

Hope you and the boy are doing fine? Let me know if you and @xhail would want to meet up at Bluffton or Hidden Creek sometime. Maybe we could get @Certifi_able to join us.

Pl

2 (top of hill par 4)
5. (Narrow chute par 3)

15 par 5 be way left.
18 is a beaut.

Yardage book

Awesome, thanks dude. The yardage book is going to come in handy!

All great holes but how could you leave number 8 off. It is the best hole on the golf course IMO

Love that hole since I hit a draw. 280yard 4i to just in front of the green thanks to tree hill. Lol

Tried to pick 4 each side...thinking I got carried away with start of the round and reliving it. 8 is awesome and quite the second... Honestly that front side there isn't a bad hole.

Man I wish it were closer!

For your viewing pleasure #8
Screenshot_20200714-120855__01.jpg
Screenshot_20200714-120841__01.jpg

Out of order but tee shot on 15Screenshot_20200714-120821__01.jpg

Great par 3 that to me signifies the change in landscape...IMG_20190803_175413.jpg
Finishing hole #18IMG_20190803_191750.jpg

Playing Westfield on Monday! Love the course and facilities out there!

1594749534052.png

What a day out at Virtues! Countless reasons this course is a Top 100.

45/43 for an 88. Tough track seeing it for the first time but overall I will take it.

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 9
What a day out at Virtues! Countless reasons this course is a Top 100.

45/43 for an 88. Tough track seeing it for the first time but overall I will take it.
awesome day out there! Hope you enjoy your birthday!

Dude, #8 is so sick...
It looked like they made fairway to the left of the tree? did you play to the right of the tree up the slope?

It looked like they made fairway to the left of the tree? did you play to the right of the tree up the slope?

Yup, played it out way right and it caught the fairway and probably rolled 100 yards left lol.

I don't THP anymore but happened to check in here randomly this evening. I wouldn mind it maybe in the fall when hopefully things calm down a bit if anyone is interested.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back