Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Hey guys, so I’m down or up at Miles of Golf in Fairfield. They installed shot tracer for the whole range, it’s included in the price of a bucket and pretty awesome. Here are a few pictures so far. View attachment 8973110View attachment 8973111View attachment 8973112View attachment 8973113View attachment 8973114View attachment 8973115

I went yesterday and I am a huge fan of the TopTracer technology. I know it's not as precise as using a Trackman, but it makes hitting balls way more fun. I love the instant feedback. Especially when it's in the low 30s.

I went yesterday and I am a huge fan of the TopTracer technology. I know it's not as precise as using a Trackman, but it makes hitting balls way more fun. I love the instant feedback. Especially when it's in the low 30s.
Sounds pretty cool & can offer some data when the ball lands in snow.

I just saw this morning that Westchester in Canal Winchester just finalized a deal to be sold to a private owner that will keep it a golf course. I'm glad it ended up not being turned into a park.

Interesting read. It is a nice course. The back 9 has some flooding tendencies. Hopefully there are ways to resolve that within reason for some long term stability. I hope it continues to be successful and doesn't end up falling apart. Tee times this year were definitely harder to get this year.

I decided to sign up for the Windmill Lakes deal:

Looks like a couple guys from work are doing it as well. If anyone else does it, let me know & maybe we can play a few rounds together.

Looks like a couple guys from work are doing it as well. If anyone else does it, let me know & maybe we can play a few rounds together.

I'm on it for the second time. Can't beat the deal with a stick, despite the restrictions.

I'd do this, but I'm on the wrong side of town and 45 minutes away.
I'll have to stick the Shale Creek & Bunker Hills that are 12 minutes away.

great deal but I’m literally on the other side of the planet.....is it really unlimited any time of the day? Week?

great deal but I’m literally on the other side of the planet.....is it really unlimited any time of the day? Week?
I think it’s after 11 on weekends

When do you usually go out there?

Usually Sundays as early as I can get but I'm looking to also go once during the week around 12.30. Gotta burn comp hours.

Usually Sundays as early as I can get but I'm looking to also go once during the week around 12.30. Gotta burn comp hours.
Let me know if you ever want to play out there

Do any folks around Columbus have a preferred fitter?

Every experience I've had around here is just ehh. I have been to Club Champion in Cleveland before but it was before they opened their Dublin location. It was the best fitting experience I've had but you'll pay for it.

The Golf Room and Kyle Morris is my choice, but I don't know if the fit anything other than Taylor Made. Also Kyle is my swing coach so their is the additional trust of him knowing my swing. I was in the new PGA Superstore yesterday and was impressed with their fitting area and shafts offered. Club Champion is pretty well regarded but have not been fit at the one in Cbus. The Range has a nice fitting setup as well and True Spec is the area. Lot's of good choices. I wouldn't see the need to leave Cbus unless you have someone you already like.

Last edited:

I'd do this, but I'm on the wrong side of town and 45 minutes away.
I'll have to stick the Shale Creek & Bunker Hills that are 12 minutes away.

I think it’s after 11 on weekends

Holy crap! When did this happen? We love Windmill Lakes! We live in Youngstown, and it takes us 20 minutes to get there! All freeway, and 2 turns and you're there! I'll have to tell my buddies. If details are needed, just Google Windmill Lakes.

I used Miles of Golf to get fit for my Titleist T200 irons and the experience on the Trackman was amazing. As a numbers nerd, I really enjoyed all the feedback that came with the fitting. And I had a particular budget in mind, but I hit the T200s the best. Eric (the fitter) didn't even try to sell me on them, it's just how it worked out. We tried every single iron we could, but at the end of the day, the T200s were the winner.

Holy crap! When did this happen? We love Windmill Lakes! We live in Youngstown, and it takes us 20 minutes to get there! All freeway, and 2 turns and you're there! I'll have to tell my buddies. If details are needed, just Google Windmill Lakes.
I've got 2 friends who also signed up, so I am chomping at the bit to get out there & play as much as possible.

Let's do this!
1608562067113.png

I used Miles of Golf to get fit for my Titleist T200 irons and the experience on the Trackman was amazing. As a numbers nerd, I really enjoyed all the feedback that came with the fitting. And I had a particular budget in mind, but I hit the T200s the best. Eric (the fitter) didn't even try to sell me on them, it's just how it worked out. We tried every single iron we could, but at the end of the day, the T200s were the winner.

@KY Golfer and myself got fit there. He did a full bag TrackMan fitting for the Morgan Cup and I did a driver fitting on a GC2. They both were good, thorough fittings. His worked out really well for him. Mine not so much but it wasn’t the fitter. I haven’t found one yet that has been able to fit my wonky ass swing

Back