Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I played at 1899 Indoor Golf in Twinsburg yesterday with @joekelli - had a good time. That's a nice setup - can't wait to do this in a non-pandemic time!

About to register for the first TheGrintTour event in Columbus at Hickory Hills Golf Club March 20th. Anyone else getting involved?

About to register for the first TheGrintTour event in Columbus at Hickory Hills Golf Club March 20th. Anyone else getting involved?
Sounds fun. Have done a few other tour events, but doubt I do many more. Pace is just absurdly slow. Hickory is an interesting course though. Blind shots, tight shots. Course was in pretty good shape when I played it.

Headed up Windmill Gold center if anyone is feelin frisky. 57 today!!!

Headed up Windmill Gold center if anyone is feelin frisky. 57 today!!!

Thanks for the invite. Hitting the local self serve range today!

Thanks for the invite. Hitting the local self serve range today!
Got here just in time. The lines were 2-3 deep and a minimum of 35-50min wait depending on the person. Glad I went and got it done! Hit em well!

Got here just in time. The lines were 2-3 deep and a minimum of 35-50min wait depending on the person. Glad I went and got it done! Hit em well!

Hope it's not like that next Saturday, I'll be there about 11:30.

Anybody putting together an OH late spring early summer thing? I’ll bring the Covid Vaccine with me if needed (mostly a joke).

If no one has plans (I’m talking firm talk me out of it plans, and please don’t leave this in my hands, lol) I’m going to take the turkey by the horns and put together something.

I don’t half ass anything so if you leave this up to me, 1. It’s not wise, lol and 2. We will do it in THP style.

Let me know in the next couple days if you’re planning something for OH for this spring/summer.

I’ll do it if I gotta. I’m not missing another year with y’all.

Let's go boys!
20210314_113716.jpg
20210314_113838.jpg

Well, did you make it? Lol.

Guys I’m still begging someone to not put me in charge. There’ll probably be golf, bonfires, and maybe some Viking Ships?

If no one has firm plans by Wednesday I’m on it. Y’all on a deadline. Don’t put me in charge of it. Ale will flow too much. I have a plan but it could be easily one upped. And I’ll give it to you even if your plan sucks, lol.

Magnetic. PGA SS had them. $30ish I think
That's probably the best use of Ohio's flag design I've seen. The geometry looks good on a putter HC lol!

That's probably the best use of Ohio's flag design I've seen. The geometry looks good on a putter HC lol!
Mallet version looked good too, still kicking myself for not grabbing one when I was there this summer.

Anybody putting together an OH late spring early summer thing? I’ll bring the Covid Vaccine with me if needed (mostly a joke).

If no one has plans (I’m talking firm talk me out of it plans, and please don’t leave this in my hands, lol) I’m going to take the turkey by the horns and put together something.

I don’t half ass anything so if you leave this up to me, 1. It’s not wise, lol and 2. We will do it in THP style.

Let me know in the next couple days if you’re planning something for OH for this spring/summer.

I’ll do it if I gotta. I’m not missing another year with y’all.

Id be down I'm in cleveland area and from the Youngstown area, and work in port clinton area. Would be willing to travel and meet up always down for a round or an outing/scramble

Ok screw it. If you wanted organize this you would have. Who’s down for a mid May get together? I’ll avoid triggers like Mothers Day and Stuff.

New thread? We are getting together this year Ohio folks. You done screwed up by nobady taking charge.

I don’t care if it’s just @Hamfist and I. There will be a damn OH get together this year. All will be invited. If you wanna do this, you won’t hurt my feelings.

But if I’m doing it, it’ll be done with my style thrown in.

Monday AM I go live.

I’ll take my kid against everyone but @The Milk Man

Lol!

Ok screw it. If you wanted organize this you would have. Who’s down for a mid May get together? I’ll avoid triggers like Mothers Day and Stuff.

New thread? We are getting together this year Ohio folks. You done screwed up by nobady taking charge.

I don’t care if it’s just @Hamfist and I. There will be a damn OH get together this year. All will be invited. If you wanna do this, you won’t hurt my feelings.

Monday AM I go live.

Lol!

I am in! Boulder Creek??

I am in! Boulder Creek??
Id be down for some boulder creek. Played there once and it destroyed me, but I blame the booze lol

Monday AM I go live.

Lol!

I live about 45 minutes from the Ohio/Indiana line I would be in for anything in or west of Columbus!

Sweet. Was thinking Midway between Cleveland and Columbus. Saturday maybe two rounds at Deer Ridge (inexpensive lodging right damn there and a good enough bar and menu that all we’d have to do is fall down the hill to our hotel) and a Sunday morning round at Ashland Golf Club (15 minutes up I71, both are basically just off of it). Sunday afternoon/evening everyone is home.

All rounds would be $50.00 or slightly less at full weekend rates, both courses. Rooms, about that- slightly above. Find someone to split and it gets real cheap. Cannot speak to the niceness of them, last time I stayed in one was a long time ago.

Unless a fitness buff don’t walk Deer Ridge. It’ll kick your ass in a cart. Ashland is pretty walkable though if that’s your thing.

Id be down for some boulder creek. Played there once and it destroyed me, but I blame the booze lol

Destroys me every time lol. But great track

Depending on Dates I might be in!

Good News / Bad News situation... Good news- Invite out, but if anyone is in town on Saturday for a round at shale creek we need a 4th...Bad news - you have to ride with me...:p

Pm open..

Saturday 1245 one opening at Urbana Country Club if anyone wants to play

Back