Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

If you are looking for something within a half hour there is Mohican Hills or Fire Ridge (classic style) Hawks Nest or Black Diamond (modern layout). Black Diamond is a very love or hate course supposedly very tight and difficult, mixed reviews on conditioning.

Might have to venture farther for a top tier course Shale Creek, The Quarry, Deer Ridge, Oak Shadows they are all about 30-1 hour away. Sure I’m forgetting others.

I’ve played all but Mohican Hills, Deer Ridge and Black Diamond enjoyed them all in their unique ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on the head with those course recommendations and I am certainly open depending on work schedule.

It's about 40 minutes to The Quarry in Canton, which I haven't played yet, but I have only heard great things about it. Supposed to be pretty epic.
Played it last year. Was great

If you are looking for something within a half hour there is Mohican Hills

Played there 2 years ago on a recommendation and they should have paid us to play. The course was in the worst shape I've ever seen a golf course. Tee's had bugger all grass and divots galore and the fairways weren't much better.

If you are looking for something within a half hour there is Mohican Hills or Fire Ridge (classic style) Hawks Nest or Black Diamond (modern layout). Black Diamond is a very love or hate course supposedly very tight and difficult, mixed reviews on conditioning.

Might have to venture farther for a top tier course Shale Creek, The Quarry, Deer Ridge, Oak Shadows they are all about 30-1 hour away. Sure I’m forgetting others.

I’ve played all but Mohican Hills, Deer Ridge and Black Diamond enjoyed them all in their unique ways.

Ok, well it looks like this is going to happen and depending on my wife's need for a car, I may be without car and will have to take a Cab or an Uber to a course.
I can be patient Husband and support my wife's gardening hobby for so long and then "I'm Out"
Figured I would just bring a carry bag that I can get my shoes and couple dozen balls in.
Hawk's Nest look to be fun, cheap and close. Might start there.

Ok, well it looks like this is going to happen and depending on my wife's need for a car, I may be without car and will have to take a Cab or an Uber to a course.
I can be patient Husband and support my wife's gardening hobby for so long and then "I'm Out"
Figured I would just bring a carry bag that I can get my shoes and couple dozen balls in.
Hawk's Nest look to be fun, cheap and close. Might start there.

I played Hawk's Nest last fall. It was a pretty fun track. Greens had been aerated when I played, but other than that, it was in great shape.

Very much enjoy The Quarry, and Oak Shadows is always in great condition. I wouldn't hesitate to play either course.

10am on Thursday at Urbana country club if anyone is free. Have one opening.

Last edited:
Put me down please, I was literally getting ready to post on here that I need to play on Sunday lol.

Agreed… I was too busy live posting. hit em well!

So on Sept 4th, I'll be in Shipshewana, IN. west of Elkhart.
If anyone wants to get a round in while my wife is at her Flower Show, Let's talk?
Meadow Valley or Heron Creek?

Just to add my 2 cents: Black Diamond is a ball-breaker of a course. I've played it 3-4 times, just for laughs.
The Quarry is great.
Deer Ridge is great.
Shale Creek is great.

Thursday 10am Urbana CC if anyone wants to play.

I'll try to keep an eye out. Urbana is an easy drive for me, but I'm having some ankle issues that need to heal up first.

Couldn't find the thread for this one... Played North Star for the first time. This might be a new favorite for me! Virtues is great, but the number of rounds they get through out there just destroys the greens. I thought conditions were a bit lacking compared to other courses I enjoyed. Great track though.

Played Delaware Golf Club, and Clover Valley this weekend. Would play both again.

Played Delaware Golf Club, and Clover Valley this weekend. Would play both again.
Both have really good layouts. Conditions are usually good as well

Both have really good layouts. Conditions are usually good as well
Only drawback was the brutal heat. Played Delaware GC on Friday, tee'd off at 3 p.m. Ugh.

I like Delaware other than that hole with the tree smack dab in the middle of the fairway. DUMB

Back