Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Playing Deer Ridge in Bellville today. Nice little course. Little hilly.

So other than @Canadan (whom I’m waiting on his decision) anyone else able to play Tuesday afternoon @230 at Tartan Fields cc in cbus?

So other than @Canadan (whom I’m waiting on his decision) anyone else able to play Tuesday afternoon @230 at Tartan Fields cc in cbus?
They just punched their greens, hoping it's alright for you guys. I'll probably be there working when you come.

Wish I could make this work...sounds like a great time!

Unfortunately the boss scheduled a meeting at two….

I have my last week of golf season tomorrow so wouldn't be able to play.

That 18th hole is quite the finishing hole.
Overall I thought the course was in good shape.
It's not easy for someone just playing there once a year.
You really have to know the course I think to score.
Local knowledge on where you can miss is crucial.

That 18th hole is quite the finishing hole.
Overall I thought the course was in good shape.
It's not easy for someone just playing there once a year.
You really have to know the course I think to score.
Local knowledge on where you can miss is crucial.
I’ve played there once and the greens were brutal but really liked the course.

Looking to get out Friday morning, and was wondering about courses up near Cleveland. We usually don't venture up that way, but if we did, looking for course recommendations! Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately the boss scheduled a meeting at two….
My work has been nuts as well. Was trying to make it work, but I'm stacked - we could have rolled up together.

Sorry @PKorf - We'll play again soon my friend!

Looking to get out Friday morning, and was wondering about courses up near Cleveland. We usually don't venture up that way, but if we did, looking for course recommendations! Thanks in advance.
Manakiki and Sleepy Hollow have some availability. Fowler's Mill has some as well. All great options.

I think I need to make a trip to Ohio and play with some of you fine folks in the next month or so….

Funny, I was thinking the same!

Manakiki and Sleepy Hollow have some availability. Fowler's Mill has some as well. All great options.
I was looking at Sleepy, and will look at the others. Thanks!

All you Ohio folks are welcome in KC ! We will let you win the front 9, then look out for the last 5 holes!!??:p

Great options, Manakiki is my favorite course in the area. Check out Boulder Creek and Ellsworth Meadows as well.
Boulder Creek is one of my favorite spots up in Cleveland - but man they were awful on pace of play unless you got the first tee time.

Has it gotten better?

Boulder Creek is one of my favorite spots up in Cleveland - but man they were awful on pace of play unless you got the first tee time.

Has it gotten better?
Ever since I was behind 3(!) groups all playing #10 with no effort from staff to do anything, I haven't even tried. They just flat out don't respect my time.

Has it gotten better?
I played it 2 or 3 years ago, and had the first tee time out. But I've also heard that unfortunately, pace isn't the best. Great course though!

Back