Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

@Scooby45 I totally forgot about that. I’ll keep you posted if we are able to switch although I think there are a couple of off limit weekends and we are working against the weather.
No worries. I am sure we can catch up at some point. For those fortunate to be headed to the Granddaddy in December I'm guessing my tolerance for cold weather golf exceeds or matches yours so feel free to hit me up in the fall.

@hedley_lamarr08 and I are looking for a game Friday afternoon in the Columbus area, preferably on the southside but we're open. Looking for around 2-3. Looking for other THPers and course recommendations. Thanks in advance!

saw @jlew2144 played crown hill and said it wasn't a bad track, anyone else have any experience with it this year? the location works well for us and the tee sheet is pretty open at the moment

@hedley_lamarr08 and I are looking for a game Friday afternoon in the Columbus area, preferably on the southside but we're open. Looking for around 2-3. Looking for other THPers and course recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Most of the Cbus courses I've played are up on the northeast or northwest side, sadly.

Wish I could make it Friday, but work is fast and furious right now. Can't step away sadly.

I might be able to play if you guys want to make it out to Urbana.

Urbana is 3 hours for me. That would be tough.

Crown Hill was in good shape and a decent layout. I thought it was great value for the greens fees.

I was shocked how nice Crown Hill was for $28. It was well kept and fairly challenging.

Talks of a mini Gdaddy meetup in Cincy during the weekend of October 9/10th. Will possibly need a few other THP’ers. Will keep this thread posted
I’m in Cincy and might be able to make this if it happens.

Haha, yeah we can play wherever you want. Blue tees are like 6200, they're not bad at all.

I'll just try not to suck tomorrow. Played today, and my inconsistency shined through. Hopefully will be better tomorrow.

I'll just try not to suck tomorrow. Played today, and my inconsistency shined through. Hopefully will be better tomorrow.
I haven't touched a club in 2 weeks and work all day today before the round. No worries lol

I haven't touched a club in 2 weeks and work all day today before the round. No worries lol

Was great meeting you today! Hopefully, we'll get a chance to play again soon.

Unfortunately, I had a 106 with some challenging greens. However, focusing on the positive, I played considerably better on the back nine.

Was great meeting you today! Hopefully, we'll get a chance to play again soon.

Unfortunately, I had a 106 with some challenging greens. However, focusing on the positive, I played considerably better on the back nine.

Had a great time, the wind was crazy today. Tough scoring conditions for sure. We will definitely do it again.

Saturday October 9th: Elks run golf club, Batavia,OH //// 1:20 and 1:30///Need 2

Sunday October 10th: Stonelick Hills, Morning time 8:20 and 8:30. ////Need 2

Stonelick has their fall rates but greens will just be 4 days removed from being punched as a disclaimer for people who don’t like that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Saturday October 9th: Elks run golf club, Batavia,OH //// 1:20 and 1:30///Need 2

Sunday October 10th: Stonelick Hills, Morning time TBA. ////Need 2

Stonelick has their fall rates but greens will just be 4 days removed from being punched as a disclaimer for people who don’t like that sort of thing.

@That post
Have fun! two good tracks imho, sorry to miss it

Have fun! two good tracks imho, sorry to miss it

me too, our schedules were full til November couldn’t make the switch 😕 we will be rooting you on that weekend though following along with how you are playing! I will definitely to get a round with you sometime after winter.

@That post
Based on recent experiences, putting is wildly overrated anyways lmao

@That post
Two great courses! I didn't realize the in-laws are in town that weekend. My wife kindly reminded me when I went to run this by her. She's got us all booked up with non-golf-related things (the nerve!) for the 9th and 10th so no time to sneak away, unfortunately.

I hope to make it out with some local THP'ers soon it just can't be this time. Thanks so much for the invite!

Two great courses! I didn't realize the in-laws are in town that weekend. My wife kindly reminded me when I went to run this by her. She's got us all booked up with non-golf-related things (the nerve!) for the 9th and 10th so no time to sneak away, unfortunately.

I hope to make it out with some local THP'ers soon it just can't be this time. Thanks so much for the invite!
in-laws in town should = pure freedom for you hahaha

I'm down. I've got nothing to lose in this one hahaha
On second thought I don’t have a doghouse so I’d be on the uncovered balcony for a month. Stonelick might be worth it. Hmmm, decisions….

Back