Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Golf Exchange is opening a new store in Dayton area at Austin Landing 🔥

Golf Exchange is opening a new store in Dayton area at Austin Landing

Wish they would come up into Youngstown worked in the Kenwood location for a short time, but came back home to family. Coworkers were awesome and care so much about helping people play better golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you ever played Wetherington CC in West Chester, OH? I have no idea what their initiation fees or dues are or if I could get in but I'm starting to weigh options for clubs close to home. I've got Beckett Ridge less than a mile away and will likely go with them but I'm curious. Also curious about Hamilton Elks but according to their website you have to be a 'Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks' member and it seems like quite a process.

Wetherington was nice from what I remember, it always seems to be in great shape when I drive by it. I’m not for sure if you really need to be an Elk for Hamilton. The course itself isn’t all that hard, the greens are what makes it difficult there. Have you looked into Four Bridges and how is Beckett looking now a days? Played it a few years ago and it was a goat track.

Wetherington was nice from what I remember, it always seems to be in great shape when I drive by it. I’m not for sure if you really need to be an Elk for Hamilton. The course itself isn’t all that hard, the greens are what makes it difficult there. Have you looked into Four Bridges and how is Beckett looking now a days? Played it a few years ago and it was a goat track.
Thanks for the info. Four Bridges is a bit closer to work than it is my house (still not far) so I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I'll add it to the list.

I've been playing Beckett all season I like it. Front 9 is very hilly and challenging for me the back 9 is a bit on the easier side. I can't speak to its past but it's been kept in pretty good condition this season. My dad had been playing there as far back as the late 90's then around 2008-2010 he quit because the new owners let the course go. It was sold again in March of 2020. He stayed away until I asked him to play a round there this year. He was thoroughly impressed with how this new ownership turned the place around. They don't have a clubhouse from what I understand some pipes burst a while ago and caused a lot of damage. They run the place out of a trailer but that doesn't bother me since I wouldn't use a club for anything but golf.

That was my experience a year ago at Beckett. You could see the investment in trying to bring it back. I’d imagine from what I saw with another year it’s looking better.

Thanks for the info. Four Bridges is a bit closer to work than it is my house (still not far) so I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I'll add it to the list.

I've been playing Beckett all season I like it. Front 9 is very hilly and challenging for me the back 9 is a bit on the easier side. I can't speak to its past but it's been kept in pretty good condition this season. My dad had been playing there as far back as the late 90's then around 2008-2010 he quit because the new owners let the course go. It was sold again in March of 2020. He stayed away until I asked him to play a round there this year. He was thoroughly impressed with how this new ownership turned the place around. They don't have a clubhouse from what I understand some pipes burst a while ago and caused a lot of damage. They run the place out of a trailer but that doesn't bother me since I wouldn't use a club for anything but golf.
And Beckett’s range sucks though too, on the side of that hill. I would take that into consideration as well if you like to practice.

And Beckett’s range sucks though too, on the side of that hill. I would take that into consideration as well if you like to practice.
I practice at Tri-County Golf Ranch or Eagle Tee. I didn't even know Beckett had a range, maybe they don't anymore? They have a chipping area and putting green but that's it.

I practice at Tri-County Golf Ranch or Eagle Tee. I didn't even know Beckett had a range, maybe they don't anymore? They have a chipping area and putting green but that's it.
They used to have a short range that hit off the hill I think to the left of the clubhouse. Looking back toward union center.

The one thing I really liked about weatherington was seeing how engaged the membership was. They have a great outdoor area for post golf and it was quite active the last time I was there.

it’s just something easy to see when you get to a course. Are the members enjoying themselves on and off the course..

They used to have a short range that hit off the hill I think to the left of the clubhouse. Looking back toward union center.
Ah OK. I didn't know that. It's definitely not there anymore.

I set up a time here today ($20 Tuesdays!). I'll try to take some pics and let you guys know how it is. I'm excited to gather some more data about my game. Such a nerd :ROFLMAO:
I'm looking forward to it! Looks like a pretty cool spot.

I’m back from Swing Fit Golf. This was my first time hitting indoors into a screen. It was different. I’m not sure I’m a huge fan I think I enjoy seeing actual ball flight too much. I had a really hard time trying to figure out where I should aim relative to the setup on the screen. I also had to stop the ball from rolling behind me after hitting the screen after every shot. Really kinda challenging

I didn’t play a course as I was there for data and not a round of golf. That brings me to another issue. They said that the data captured there would be captured by the Trackman app I have on my phone that I use at TriCounty and that it would be emailed to me. Neither has happened yet. Not sure if it takes a while but it’s been a few hours.

The facility itself was nice. They had 6 or 7 bays, a workout area (?), and a very cool putting green that showed your line (like an impact board) and also provided some data. I didn’t try the putting green since that is a separate booking.

I didn’t take a lot of pics because there were people everywhere and I didn’t want to get randos in pics I’m posting on the internet but here are a few I took.
6E98D880-6064-4FBD-9AF5-6C2093A42F93.jpeg
6B65C000-55CD-4665-A4B0-932BDA418C4E.jpeg
If you enjoy sim golf this is a pretty nice place to do it. I’m probably going to go back and I’ll take photos of the data I want instead of relying on it coming through like they said. I’m mainly just annoyed so that might be coming through in my ‘review’ of the place. Sorry.

That much bounce back off the screen??? The place might need to lower the tension so it isn't like a trampoline

That much bounce back off the screen??? The place might need to lower the tension so it isn't like a trampoline
At least they weren't airborne that would have made for an entirely different challenge. It probably could have been solved by having some kind of lip behind me but there wasn't and a few balls rolled straight back onto the concrete floor and back to the putting green lol.

At least they weren't airborne that would have made for an entirely different challenge. It probably could have been solved by having some kind of lip behind me but there wasn't and a few balls rolled straight back onto the concrete floor and back to the putting green lol.

With them using Trackman launch monitors, they recommend flat surface from unit to screen for best readings, so not completely surprised the ball rolled back.

Should anyone be curious, GG and golf exchange in the Cincy market do NOT have the new Mizuno iron heads in yet.

Last edited:
Should anyone be curious, GG and golf exchange in the Cincy market do NOT have the new Mizuno heads in yet.
The G or X and Z too? Miles is the only one that I knew that carried those

The G or X and Z too? Miles is the only one that I knew that carried those
sorry, meant iron heads. I'll ask on woods next time I'm in, may be later this week as I'm helping my brother shop for new sticks.

I played Beckett Ridge today and they are finally tearing down the old clubhouse. Owner was there today and said they hope to have the new clubhouse constructed by mid Summer 2022.
A00C551E-EB84-4E76-9F1A-690F049B681D.jpeg

Back