Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Was talking to my head pro the other day. As soon as Ohio opened up golf again, the tee sheet was slammed. We're booked from open to close (15 min tee times) from yesterday(Thursday) through Sunday straight. Not a single open tee time.

wowsa.

Was talking to my head pro the other day. As soon as Ohio opened up golf again, the tee sheet was slammed. We're booked from open to close (15 min tee times) from yesterday(Thursday) through Sunday straight. Not a single open tee time.

wowsa.

I wonder how well people observe social distance.
Driving back we saw some courses where it appeared to be well handled, and others where people were stacked.

Driving back we saw some courses where it appeared to be well handled, and others where people were stacked.
The course I played yesterday had "pens" set up with traffic cones to separate groups waiting to tee off with signage for 10 and 20 minutes to tee time. The parks courses usually run 7 or 8 minute tee times, so that is a welcome change. It wasn't too crowded yesterday. They dis close the clubhouse down, which was new from last week, and you make your payment at the starter's shack, where he was separated from the public with glass. Much better setup now.

Probably not great, but fortunately I get to pick who I golf with, and they all know I'm not ****ing around with this whole thing.

The course I played yesterday had "pens" set up with traffic cones to separate groups waiting to tee off with signage for 10 and 20 minutes to tee time. The parks courses usually run 7 or 8 minute tee times, so that is a welcome change. It wasn't too crowded yesterday. They dis close the clubhouse down, which was new from last week, and you make your payment at the starter's shack, where he was separated from the public with glass. Much better setup now.

What course did you play yesterday ?
I know they're encouraging everyone to book their tee times on-line so there is limited interaction. I was going to attempt to get out and play Shawnee today if work permits..... we'll see how that goes.

What course did you play yesterday ?
I know they're encouraging everyone to book their tee times on-line so there is limited interaction. I was going to attempt to get out and play Shawnee today if work permits..... we'll see how that goes.
Big Met. We played before 11. Was much better than last week where it was first come first served with a huge crowd at 1 tee.

makes sense, I think they've been working hard to get things worked out to accommodate regular play.
If they can just carry over 10 minute tee times to the post covid world, I'll be thrilled.

I played Browns Run yesterday, course was in pretty good shape. They have tee time spaced out every 20 min. Even after booking for two yesterday they took down that whole time, no twosomes left or anything. My buddy and I walked and kept our distance from each other. It looked like everyone else on the course was too, was weird seeing 4 carts on one tee box though lol.

If anyone is in the Akron canton area just wanted to let you know that Turkeyfoot is closed until further notice. They got hit by a tornado Tues night and sustained damage. Not sure they extent.

If anyone is in the Akron canton area just wanted to let you know that Turkeyfoot is closed until further notice. They got hit by a tornado Tues night and sustained damage. Not sure they extent.
Man, that sucks. Hope the damage was minor. That's a solid track. I'd hate for anything really bad to happen there.

Our course is switching to 12 minute tee times as of 4-16, from the current 15 minutes.

Hoping people can continue to be smart during this thing so we keep the spread down.

My club - out to the west of Cleveland - has us at 10 minute intervals which is perfect. Hopefully it stays that way all summer and beyond.

Last edited:
Any of my Ohio gang ever played Wilkshire in Bolivar?

Any of my Ohio gang ever played Wilkshire in Bolivar?

I played Zoar, next door. It poured rain and Wlikshire was under water when we drove past, but that was quite a few years ago.

I played Zoar, next door. It poured rain and Wlikshire was under water when we drove past, but that was quite a few years ago.

I have heard good things about Zoar. Playing Wilkshire on Monday so long as it does not snow :ROFLMAO: Was curious of the layout and any pearls.

I have heard good things about Zoar. Playing Wilkshire on Monday so long as it does not snow :ROFLMAO: Was curious of the layout and any pearls.

I've never played it but I often hear guys from the Akron/Canton make the trip down 77 to play it during the winter and crappy weather months.

buddy of mine that works at Foxy Golf in Akron plays there all the time.

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]Been a long time but it's a solid course

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]Been a long time but it's a solid course

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What course are you talking about ? Your quote was messed up.

Heads up for Akron area golfers. The Grint will be adding a new Akron area golf club shortly. More details to come.

Heads up for Akron area golfers. The Grint will be adding a new Akron area golf club shortly. More details to come.

Oh nice! That is great to hear. Can we get some Grint Tour events going through it?

Back