Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I'm fond of GCoD as it's where I play most of my golf, but agree with most on the list. Cooks is wet early in the season and doesn't drain well (at least in my experience)

Darby is solid for certain. Another couple favorites here in Cbus: Clover Valley and Northstar.
When are we going to get a round in?

Safari is always popular... Convenient locL near friends house.
I grew up playing safari. Love that course, especially since the renovation they did. lot of nostalgia there.

Northstar is great but tough...always seems to be insanely windy for me when I play there haha.

I'm fond of GCoD as it's where I play most of my golf, but agree with most on the list. Cooks is wet early in the season and doesn't drain well (at least in my experience)

Darby is solid for certain. Another couple favorites here in Cbus: Clover Valley and Northstar.
I like Clover Valley. Sort of a hidden gem since it is a bit outside the city. I've never encountered them being super busy but now that it became a New era course last year it will probably be a bit busier in the future.

I like Clover Valley. Sort of a hidden gem since it is a bit outside the city. I've never encountered them being super busy but now that it became a New era course last year it will probably be a bit busier in the future.
If memory serves it’s been two years for NE, and I’ve not found it busy at all over the last two years. But yes I do consider it a bit of a hidden gem as well. Generally able to find a tee time up until about 24hrs out etc.

If memory serves it’s been two years for NE, and I’ve not found it busy at all over the last two years. But yes I do consider it a bit of a hidden gem as well. Generally able to find a tee time up until about 24hrs out etc.
The last couple of times I played there last year were during weekdays so that's probably true. I never minded trying to go out there at the last minute when I was playing by myself and have gotten in a full 18 on my own a few times, especially late afternoon on weekends too.

I wish...supposed to get rain....again

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If it's not raining it is COLD..... 80 this weekend and rain all weekend. Ohiogolfer, Nerdy and I played today and we got rained on........

If it's not raining it is COLD..... 80 this weekend and rain all weekend. Ohiogolfer, Nerdy and I played today and we got rained on........
When I went to best last night, today (or friday) was supposed to be 19mph wind and an inch of rain. I ended up going out at 4pm and getting 18 in with almost no rain, and it was AMAAAAAAAAAAZING.

Hopefully you guys have good luck this weekend.

I need the weather to behave. Desperate to get back out there today.
Golfed 36 this week and trending in the right direction. The last few holes on Thursday had me feeling great... Today is clear skies, soppy wet and baptism plans for nephew.

Tomorrow looks to be wet... Maybe not

Happy Saturday with a beautiful day ! Hope you all enjoy a round and even a beer on the patio after!

Ohiotopia at its finest— forecast rain all week long, make plans with kids indoors and beautiful. Forecast for tomorrow is clear till afternoon at least last time I checked so tee time booked in the am.

Just to the south here. Got a break in the rain so about to go play nine, and going to get 18 in tomorrow.

Enjoy course is in great condition!

Thank you mate. It was in great condition, although still a bit wet. The drainage improvements they did last year and are continuing to do, have helped a lot.

I'm from Michigan ... meeting a woman friend from Missouri for a long golf weekend the first weekend in June. Looking for course recommendations in the general area of Indianapolis/West. Anything west of Indy probably makes the most sense, location wise. Not familiar with what's there. Recommendations?

Last edited:
Sooo memorial day... Debating driving to play North star or virtues with a friend and his father in law... Played Virtues and loved it...north star highly rated... What should I do.

Sooo memorial day... Debating driving to play North star or virtues with a friend and his father in law... Played Virtues and loved it...north star highly rated... What should I do.
Virtues all day every day for me. North Star is a good track but Virtues is just in another league

Back