Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

A week or two ago, @Golfers Anonymous drove a long way to play. The quality of golf stunk but he's a good dude. Bad golf, Not from him but everyone else. Heck, we even had a guy invent new swear words.

I’d have been there earlier if I knew how far he was coming from.

#dedication

#respect

A week or two ago, @Golfers Anonymous drove a long way to play. The quality of golf stunk but he's a good dude. Bad golf, Not from him but everyone else. Heck, we even had a guy invent new swear words.

#dedication

#respect
Yep, not really dedicated to drive 4 hours. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep, not really dedicated to drive 4 hours. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My current vehicle would not survive a 4 hour trip most likely. I’m not sure I would either at this point, lol. I guess my vehicle and I are meant to be.

Or catch a ride with the black cobra and sleep an extra 4 hours? Lol!

My brother is coming to town, and we have a tee time for 710 am on Saturday the 12th at Manakiki if anyone wants to join up. Second tee time of the day so pace should be brisk.

#dedication

#respect
Cody is a damn fine man, and laughs at my dumb humor. How could I not give him the thumbs up?

My current vehicle would not survive a 4 hour trip most likely. I’m not sure I would either at this point, lol. I guess my vehicle and I are meant to be.

Or catch a ride with the black cobra and sleep an extra 4 hours? Lol!
He's an hour and a half plus an hour of time change from me so min 2-1/2hr, really wouldn't be a 4 hour rest. It's all good I get to play with @LLIB and @KY Golfer a couple of times a year.

Last call for tomorrow at 9:47 at Ashland GC if someone wants to join.

I’m basically pleading with everyone before I invite my cousin, lol.

@Hamfist @Grins and (unfortunately for anyone else) me.

My brother is coming to town, and we have a tee time for 710 am on Saturday the 12th at Manakiki if anyone wants to join up. Second tee time of the day so pace should be brisk.

Oooooo this is tempting

KY Golfer had to drop out. Anyone else interested?

We still could use a 4th too. Please don’t make me play with a random that is drunker than @Hamfist and I.

Mine is 9:47 tomorrow at Ashland Golf Club. Not Sunday for edification (@Hamfist will give me 58.4 cents for that word) purposes. Get up. Golf. Have a great lunch, go back to bed.

I have my day planned.

A lot of locals in NEO...Screenshot_20200906-000213__01.jpg

For those contemplating it, Ashland GC is a little rough this year. Probably about normal given the dry summer, but it was pristine last time I was there. It’s still way nicer than my usual courses, still books solid on the weekend, and the greens are good minus the heavy traffic-but it’s not what it was a couple years ago.

Still a good course, don’t get me wrong. I was just a little disappointed in the conditions given the bar it set. It was ranked 8th in the US for courses to play under $50.00. It wouldn’t have been ranked there today.

Just found out Westchester Golf Course in Canal Winchester is for sale and the city might buy it and turn it into another of the 8 million metro parks we have around. The houses in the community are upset.

It does have some drainage issues but in general I always liked that course. I hope it stays open.

Just found out Westchester Golf Course in Canal Winchester is for sale and the city might buy it and turn it into another of the 8 million metro parks we have around. The houses in the community are upset.

It does have some drainage issues but in general I always liked that course. I hope it stays open.

That sucks. I played there last year and it was in excellent condition. Really fun layout also

That sucks. I played there last year and it was in excellent condition. Really fun layout also
its funny that in the local new article I read was that the person from the parks board indicated that "they knew how hard it is to operate a golf course". Meanwhile earlier in the evening I tried to look at booking a tee time for there and they have absolutely nothing available on Saturday or Sunday.

Had a great time with @Grins ans @Hamfist last Saturday. A little more subdued than The Match with Hammy a couple weeks ago, but still a super fun round.

Great guys that I’ll tee it up with anytime.

its funny that in the local new article I read was that the person from the parks board indicated that "they knew how hard it is to operate a golf course". Meanwhile earlier in the evening I tried to look at booking a tee time for there and they have absolutely nothing available on Saturday or Sunday.

That’s the “play it before the city f’s it up” effect.

Sad, I hope they find a way to keep it. Been a second since I played there but I remember it being a pretty nice layout.

Course is always packed, heard this a couple weeks a go, be shocked to see it leave.

Course is always packed, heard this a couple weeks a go, be shocked to see it leave.

They just rebuilt the club house last year also.

Apparently its been for sale for a few years because they've been losing money but they have to be making money this year. I know they've even spent effort in working on the back 9 drainage and the clubhouse is only 5-6 years old. It would be a shame for it to all be torn out.

Back