OITW’s True Spec Full Bag Fitting

Looking forward to your thoughts. I really need to get a fitting, but haven't heard of these guys. Hope it goes well!

Fitting posts are up as is post review - let me know if you have any questions. I had a great experience getting fit by Nick and True Spec golf.

Great writeup.

Fantastic write-up @OITW. Very enjoyable read

excellent write-up!!! interesting they used gcquad. my fittings at the true spec here in orlando have always been on trackman. i guess i assumed there was standardization for the brand.

and holy heavy iron and wedge shafts, batman!!! that's crazy. anything from this fitting that you will apply to your time at the true sports event?

Great write up on your fitting. (y)

excellent write-up!!! interesting they used gcquad. my fittings at the true spec here in orlando have always been on trackman. i guess i assumed there was standardization for the brand.

and holy heavy iron and wedge shafts, batman!!! that's crazy. anything from this fitting that you will apply to your time at the true sports event?

TBH i was shocked when I saw the Quad, but a little giddy. I wonder if it’s the fitters preference.

Totally blew my mind - I’m ? going to order the wedge shafts - irons shafts I’m 60/40 right now

Srixon XV is a great ball. Need to read this thread!

Excited to see your feedback , these full firings have always intrigued me. From finding the correct shaft weight,flex. To the loft and lie angles and peak heights
All new to me have only viewed from a YouTube perspective. Putter optimizing would be fun and a great asset . Enjoy ?

Always enjoy reading others experiences at fittings. Crazy to see a big departure from your current iron shaft setup. That's one of the coolest things is when something jumps out at your like that.

Srixon XV is a great ball. Need to read this thread!

Glad you mentioned that as I forgot to include it in my thoughts.

For the ball he asked me what I was playing and I mentioned the Srixon XV.

Went through a few rounds using that ball - when I was struggling with the driver, he mentioned trying a different ball to help improve performance.

I tried the TP5/Bridgestone Tour B and Titelist Prov1 - Srixon outperformed the three.

Excited to see your feedback , these full firings have always intrigued me. From finding the correct shaft weight,flex. To the loft and lie angles and peak heights
All new to me have only viewed from a YouTube perspective. Putter optimizing would be fun and a great asset . Enjoy ?

with the exception of putter scroll up ;)

Alex, what thoughts did he have for the spin on your irons? 185+ with a 6 swinging around 86mph is absolutely blistered!!!! But I worry that you won't have much stopping power.

Did anything in the fitting get you into a better spin or descent angle number?

Alex, what thoughts did he have for the spin on your irons? 185+ with a 6 swinging around 86mph is absolutely blistered!!!! But I worry that you won't have much stopping power.

Esp because it looks like its launching low and not getting a crazy amount of height. Granted I'm looking from TT so that could look a bit different on the big screen.

Esp because it looks like its launching low and not getting a crazy amount of height. Granted I'm looking from TT so that could look a bit different on the big screen.
I'm mostly impressed with the 1.44 contact quality.

That is NUTTED.

Great question.

Based on my low spin/swing etc. His goal was the descent angle not necessarily improving spin. Launch it higher with my low spin should just get it to stop better. That's where we moved to the rifle - descent was mid 30s with gamers, and with rifle that was the most improvement, closest to 40*

That is NUTTED.

Absolutely it is. But man with that speed, low spin, and lower peak height, I'd be worried about holding greens with that thing. Esp coming from the rough where that spin is likely to get zapped even more. But as we know, numbers on a page are just that, real on-course experience calms those thoughts.

That is NUTTED.

He touched on that briefly saying that 1.50 is the holy grail and he only saw it once from some guy going at it crazy high - he said me living around the 1.45 was fantastic.

My other issue and something that I've seen with my instructor - path is extremely consistent - my hands were just getting in the way and really messing up my driver swings :mad:

Great question.

Based on my low spin/swing etc. His goal was the descent angle not necessarily improving spin. Launch it higher with my low spin should just get it to stop better. That's where we moved to the rifle - descent was mid 30s with gamers, and with rifle that was the most improvement, closest to 40*
That's cool.. And probably only so much you can do working with the same head - As I think F9 are fairly low spin overall by comparison to a lot of the other heads out there.

That's cool.. And probably only so much you can do working with the same head - As I think F9 are fairly low spin overall by comparison to a lot of the other heads out there.

I asked him about that - how the Rifle Blanks would hold up if I switched to a spinnier head and he said it would be hard to tell without trying but generally would probably launch higher haha

I asked him about that - how the Rifle Blanks would hold up if I switched to a spinnier head and he said it would be hard to tell without trying but generally would probably launch higher haha
launch higher and spin more, I'm sure.

If only you could sort that driver out..

Great write up! Very interesting to see the increase in iron shaft weight and the difference it made... I guess lighter isn't always better.

launch higher and spin more, I'm sure.

If only you could sort that driver out..

Don't need to when I hit F9 4i 240 :cautious:?‍♂️

But I'll see what I can do when I see you in a few weeks - Hopefully I'll be hitting bombs by then

Back