Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Governor

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok guys...... I have a question to ask. This week is our 1st high school football game, and I'm going with a girl that I'm really interested in. We and a bunch of my friends were going to go to the game and I planned on really flirting with this girl while I was there. I'm not sure, if I cancaled, if I would ever get this shot again. But I know I can win her over, ya know, flexing the Arydolpin swagga (3-0 at the MC).

On the other hand. I have the opportunity to go to a lunch with some really important people in my state in Saturday at this political event I was invited to. It's a pretty big event in the state and I was lucky to get an invitation. If I go I'll get to meet the Governor, Senators, Reps and Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich (and maybe Rick Perry). I'm really big into politics and I would really like to go.

The thing is, I can't go to both. I would have to leave late Friday to go to this event, before the game. I'm really undecided on what I want to do, so I decided to ask THP. Thanks in advance guys!

Ok guys...... I have a question to ask. This week is our 1st high school football game, and I'm going with a girl that I'm really interested in. We and a bunch of my friends were going to go to the game and I planned on really flirting with this girl while I was there. I'm not sure, if I cancaled, if I would ever get this shot again. But I know I can win her over, ya know, flexing the Arydolpin swagga (3-0 at the MC).

On the other hand. I have the opportunity to go to a lunch with some really important people in my state in Saturday at this political event I was invited to. It's a pretty big event in the state and I was lucky to get an invitation. If I go I'll get to meet the Governor, Senators, Reps and Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich (and maybe Rick Perry). I'm really big into politics and I would really like to go.

The thing is, I can't go to both. I would have to leave late Friday to go to this event, before the game. I'm really undecided on what I want to do, so I decided to ask THP. Thanks in advance guys!

Distilled down:

Option 1: chance w/ a girl (yeah i know this sounds cliche, but if it's meant to be, you'll run into her later somehow)
Option 2: rare opportunity to meet people you otherwise probably wont get chance to

Man up, just ask her out for something else, text, facebook, whatever...but dun pass up your meeting thing!

I know what i would have done at your age, the girl aways won. Now as I look back over things, I remember when I was a page for the Georgia House of Representatives when I was young, but don't even remember the names of some of the girls I took out back then. Long answer short, I would probably be at the Saturday event.

You both go to same highschool together? As much as Im for going with the chick there will be many more football games this year that you can meet her at. And if you go to the same highschool then thats even easier.

Wait...how old are you? If you are still in High School, don't worry about the girl at all. Plan on going to the meeting, then tell her that you were looking forward to hanging out but you have this awesome opportunity that you can't pass up. Then ask her if she wants to get together the next weekend to do something.

You both go to same highschool together? As much as Im for going with the chick there will be many more football games this year that you can meet her at. And if you go to the same highschool then thats even easier.

nope. she goes to a different high school. She always goes to the other games. Plus I just straight up love high school football. hah. 1st and best game of the year is this week! ugh

Go to the luncheon and then ask the girl out on a real date.

It's note really a choice....one is a once in a lifetime opportunity and the other...well you'll she her again next week!

Explain to her how important the other thing is and ask to take next week.

Lol. thanks for setting me straight guys! I think I'll go to the event! :)

nope. she goes to a different high school. She always goes to the other games. Plus I just straight up love high school football. hah. 1st and best game of the year is this week! ugh

Ahh ok, I see your dilemma now.
How far away does she live? Go with her to a game or meet her there next week?

Ahh ok, I see your dilemma now.
How far away does she live? Go with her to a game or meet her there next week?

yep. sounds like a plan. haha. silly women. Getting in my mind! :D

Go to the luncheon and then ask the girl out on a real date.

+1 here. Go to the luncheon, tell her that you cant pass this up, get a pic with Newt, send it to her to prove it, and then ask her on a real date. If shes's smart, she will appreciate that you have interest in politics and being at this luncheon may help you land an internship a few yrs down the road.

If all else fails, go to the game, score yourself a REAL date with the girl, then pull an all nighter and drive down after the game.

I'm in High School too. I would rather go with the girl, but the lunch is the smart choice.

+1 here. Go to the luncheon, tell her that you cant pass this up, get a pic with Newt, send it to her to prove it, and then ask her on a real date. If shes's smart, she will appreciate that you have interest in politics and being at this luncheon may help you land an internship a few yrs down the road.

If all else fails, go to the game, score yourself a REAL date with the girl, then pull an all nighter and drive down after the game.

I second this one. But I dont think clay is 16 yet?

Or meet her saturday night? Get a bunch of your friends and go bowl or putt putt or something like that and talk to her then and then the next week take her out just you 2.

I agree with the others. Meet up with the important people, and ask her on another date. But do it soon, and not last minute!

Haha yup.

You guy know how you stressing about the girl now?

Once you get into power brokering like those politicians.. the womens will be the one stressing to go cross the city to see you.. jus saying haha

tumblr_lk44ah827L1qe11kdo1_500.jpg

I won't be done until 4, and then a 3 hour drive. I'd be exhausted.

You're in HS.. you should be able to make that drive on sheer testosterone alone if she's worth it!

From the movie Good Will Hunting "Im sorry, but I gotta go see about a girl"

Football games and girls and high school is like the best time of your life. I'd ask yourself this.... a year from now which one will you have regretted the most not going to? Me personally, when I was that age I would have had the dinner. Now that im 29 I think its the football game. For most ppl its prolly opposite but not me.

You will have plenty of time for politics later in your life - go see the girl, go to the game and have some fun, life is too short.

Back