Ok its me again having a shot at something

Dazpom

Reaction score
I recently attended an Oakley Sale and loaded up on shorts and shirts. I went looking for pants and i looked bloody stupid in them. I went to a local golf store and again i looked stupid in the pants.

Im and old fart and wanted to get some clothes to go with the up coming Pennants Season, thats inter club comp for you who dont know, all i saw was pants so tight i coudlnt move in them let alone get them on, they hung on the waist and i feared if i bent over to get my ball, i would split them.

In the 60,s we used to wear pants like this and the were called drain pipe trousers, and they were awful then, why have designers gone this way, whats happened to nice fitting pants with pleats and a bit of ball room, maybe im just too old.

I’m not a skinny pants fan myself, but it’s def the trend now.

Just please god no to the return of pleats.:p

I’m not a skinny pants fan myself, but it’s def the trend now.

Just please god no to the return of pleats.:p
Or those bell bottom type eeeeesh

I recently attended an Oakley Sale and loaded up on shorts and shirts. I went looking for pants and i looked bloody stupid in them. I went to a local golf store and again i looked stupid in the pants.

Im and old fart and wanted to get some clothes to go with the up coming Pennants Season, thats inter club comp for you who dont know, all i saw was pants so tight i coudlnt move in them let alone get them on, they hung on the waist and i feared if i bent over to get my ball, i would split them.

In the 60,s we used to wear pants like this and the were called drain pipe trousers, and they were awful then, why have designers gone this way, whats happened to nice fitting pants with pleats and a bit of ball room, maybe im just too old.

Skinny pants are terrible. I’m with you, I want a bit of room to breathe in the lower half. I’m a big fan of Izod golf pants, get a little room to breath, and decent materials that can handle the mud and junk on a course.

There are a lot of good options out there but Oakley isn't likely to check the box of forgiving in that way

I love the tapered look, absolutely love it.

That said, I need to relax on the rum if I want to continue wearing them for another 10 years.

I love the tapered look, absolutely love it.

That said, I need to relax on the rum if I want to continue wearing them for another 10 years.

There are a lot of good options out there but Oakley isn't likely to check the box of forgiving in that way

Oakley was one example, i looked all the majors and unless i wanted to
[/QU

Whats this all about.

Footjoy has a more forgiving fit. I’ve also found some from Land’s End that are tapered but not too tight. And you can nearly always find a discount on them.

I found some Dockers stretch fit that are really comfortable. They are not quite as light as most golf pants but every bit as effective.

There is always this route if you are a hefty fellow.

no to the skinny pants, no moose knuckles on the golf course.

I have always found for shorts the Puma's are great, slacks, i head to Adidas 3 stripe

Dazpom, you may have noticed that fashion goes in cycles. To me it seems that the cycle is about 20-30 years. Bell bottomed jeans which were popular in the 70’s and then died when disco died came back in the 90’s. I guess the same can be said about the skinny jeans.

When I play golf I don’t wear golf specific pants. I wear the same slacks that I wear to work. There may be the occasional mud or dirt on them but it washes right out because the slacks have the same technology in them that the golf specific pants do.

trend who cares...wear what is comfortable...especially golfing

Unless you just have to have golf specific brand pants, take a look at Haggar slacks. I wore them for years to work and to play golf in. Very comfortable, flex/stretch insert in each side and they look good on. If you have a Haggar Outlet store anywhere near you, you can get some really good deals.

I’m the opposite, I need a tapered leg, or it looks like the pant leg is eating my foot. I learned that for me it means avoiding certain brands or making sure I go with the tapered version. Foot Joy is the worst for me as far as roomy legs and a looser cut, but their new tapered fit is perfect.

As mentioned before, look at non-golf specific brands if you have to. I won't wear those stovepipe pants either, and have no trouble finding flat-front traditional fit pants.

Back