I am a Gen Xer but I get along with a lot of Older and younger people. I can’t stand a lot of older or younger people as well. I try to take it on a case by case basis and I don’t want to get old in my thought processes. I still can’t believe that the 90’s are 20 years ago o_O.

@wubears71 Sorry to hear about your work experiences. It sucks to get lumped into categories and feel like you aren't valued.
It's why I started my own business. However, it still sucks when you are on the phone with a client and another person just belittles you for nothing more than having 1/2 the years of tenure than him. At least it's not my boss that I have to deal with anymore.

The memes are the best part of this whole thing
Screenshot_20191112-165312_Facebook.jpg

I find it hilarious. Millenials complain about being judged by their appearance/sexual preferences/etc/etc/etc yet they are more than willing to judge someone by their age. It just reinforces my opinion that most of humanity is self centered and childish, myself most definitely included.

everybody is wrong but me

if you're offended by boomer you are the boomer

take a nap

:greenalien:

I love it. Boomers have blamed everything on millenials for long enough, its about time it got thrown back in their faces.

OK Boomer should be the name of a retirement age Radiohead cover band.

This has been helpful. I now know to disregard anything someone says once they use "OK Boomer" lol.

I'm a millennial who identifies as a Gen Xer...that's allowed right? Either way I'm not sure I have a dog in this fight.

This has been helpful. I now know to disregard anything someone says once they use "OK Boomer" lol.

I'm a millennial who identifies as a Gen Xer...that's allowed right? Either way I'm not sure I have a dog in this fight.
You and me both, brother.

My standard response to comments like this is "Bless your heart".

What do you expect, every asshole Boomer on Facebook sharing fake news articles and calling people snowflakes was bound to meets some resistance at some point.

as a boomer i hate everybody, ha, now get off my dead grass

Q0XpxbG.jpg

This might be my favorite.

View attachment 8914626

My favourite part is how many things in this photo are associated with millennials, yet should mostly be associated with Gen Z considering the majority of millennials were in their mid to late 20’s and early 30’s when those internet “challenges” started.

Must have been created by a Boomer. Wait, they have trouble converting a doc to a PDF so no way it was them. Must have been created by a Gen z’er as a decoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reality part of this is that over time the young will become the old. And they'll complain about young people: get off of my lawn whipper snapper. Everyone thinks they are unique and they won't be like them. But life happens. On and on it will go. It's a cycle of life.

My favourite part is how many things in this photo are associated with millennials, yet should mostly be associated with Gen Z considering the majority of millennials were in their mid to late 20’s and early 30’s when those internet “challenges” started.

Must have been created by a Boomer. Wait, they have trouble converting a doc to a PDF so no way it was them. Must have been created by a Gen z’er as a decoy.
Oh you can tell that was done in retort haha!

Oh you can tell that was done in retort haha!

Haha that’s the best part.

No different than the “cut your hair you hippie” mentality expressed by past generations towards late boomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where a lot of the negativity comes from is the Boomer generation pillaging so much for their gain without a care in the world for future generations. At least that is my understanding of a lot it.

Perception, misguided information and fake news are large contributing factors IMHO. Social media and a lack of actual face to face interaction play a huge role as well. Think number of likes and number of followers.

Where a lot of the negativity comes from is the Boomer generation pillaging so much for their gain without a care in the world for future generations. At least that is my understanding of a lot it.
I think you are giving us too much credit, as a charter member of the "sex, drugs and rock & roll" generation (boomers for you x, m, z or alien types) I can tell you we had no plan for anything except where the next party or concert was..ask @OldeDude, we had fun.

Having been born in 1955 , I can safely say that :
1. I am a boomer.
2. I am OK.

So bite me.

My father kept telling me to get my haircut, how lucky I was to avoid conscription and how much easier it was for me. Just before he died at 87 , he agreed with his friend that he had had it better. He was 9 when WW2 started.

My daughter has had it tougher than me, due to social media pressure, and the dumbing down of the workplace. Having paid off her student debt and given her the deposit to buy her flat , I think she has little to complain about. ....?.

I think you are giving us too much credit, as a charter member of the "sex, drugs and rock & roll" generation (boomers for you x, m, z or alien types) I can tell you we had no plan for anything except where the next party or concert was..ask @OldeDude, we had fun.
Okay Boomer??? ..................... someone looking for me and @jim54 ?
tenor.gif

Actually, I never identified as a "Boomer", I'm a product of SoCal circa 60s - 70s, that should explain things better than just being lumped in a generational mass.

Last edited:
Back