This has been helpful. I now know to disregard anything someone says once they use "OK Boomer" lol.

I'm a millennial who identifies as a Gen Xer...that's allowed right? Either way I'm not sure I have a dog in this fight.

I'm right on the line, and my parents were on the older side, so I'm in that "in betweener" group that doesn't really fit into either of them. I've decided to just go about my business rather than thinking of which generation I should act like.

Okay Boomer??? ..................... someone looking for me and @jim54 ?
tenor.gif

Actually, I never identified as a "Boomer", I'm a product of SoCal circa 60s - 70s, that should explain things better than just being lumped in a generational mass.
So Cal Hippie, dead head booming amps.

Okay Boomer??? ..................... someone looking for me and @jim54 ?
tenor.gif

Actually, I never identified as a "Boomer", I'm a product of SoCal circa 60s - 70s, that should explain things better than just being lumped in a generational mass.

giphy.gif

Didn't care too much for it but it started to get really annoying on twitter. I ended up using a text replacer extension to replace "okay boomer" to "help me out of my skinny jeans". Too bad I can't that to work on my phone.

I think it’s a valid retort, I don’t think it’s a brilliant one, but when someone is treating a 30 year old that actually understands what they’re speaking of like a child, “OK boomer” makes sense, it’s right to the point.

That said, I don’t think ageism is a valid argument, ever. (unless we’re talking about how to use a phone)

And for all the gen-X folk I give you this:

Haha that’s the best part.

No different than the “cut your hair you hippie” mentality expressed by past generations towards late boomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still use and will always use this one. I throw dirty in there too though.

Old enough that I have no idea what any of this is about. Don't know one from the other.

D7C37BF1-6766-414D-A2F3-1A5EAFE921C0.jpeg

I was originally completely opposed to this, but the way it's structured, it's a reactionary response to someone shaming a generation.

The more I think about it, the more I love it.... mostly because I have to listen to complaints about the new generation of workers all the time at the golf course.

As a millenial, I didn't even know that this was a thing, and it's weird to me as the older portion of us are pushing 40.

That said, I'm all for poking fun at ridiculous behavior regardless of generation, keep it coming

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't know why but I'd like to be a Boomer)) They were living really in a good period of US history.

We had a lot of fun, pre AIDS, good music. The fight for racial justice was a real thing not the lip service it is now. Oh well I need to go chase some kids off my lawn....

I got this clap back the other day. I told them I’m Gen X dumba**. I guess anyone over 45 is now a boomer.

I got this clap back the other day. I told them I’m Gen X dumba**. I guess anyone over 45 is now a boomer.

Haha. Heck I get it at 42. That’s why we are the lost generation.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I need a scorecard:

1600264118832.png

I have a traditonalist mind and a boomer birth certificate.

hahah, the reality is, getting called a boomer or a millennial is more about perspective than age.

I call my Dad a boomer AND a millennial depending on what he's doing. It's more to torment than anything.

I speak in generalities, and as we know, all generalities are to some degree false, including this one.

I give the post-boomer generation credit. By and large, they have grasped the fact that employer loyalty to employees is for the most part dead. They are the ones who saw their parents contribute sacrificially to their employers, only to be shown the door in downturns, whether in the economy or in stock price. Post-boomers are generally more nimble in terms of personal growth and development, and a willingness to move on if an employment situation is less than ideal. Too many boomers have just kind of let their careers happen, compared to post-boomers who are more likely to view themselves as independent contractors.

Back