fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering if any of you THPers still play any old PC games. I play an old game (submarine simulation) call Silent Hunter 4: Wolves Of The Pacific. It a very kewl game and the graphics are terrific considering the game is 10 yrs old. So what do you guys still play?

I used to play Wolfenstein all the time on my PC but when my last machine hit the blue screen of death i stopped.

I used to play Wolfenstein all the time on my PC but when my last machine hit the blue screen of death i stopped.

I still play Wolfenstein once in a great while. (y)

Just wondering if any of you THPers still play any old PC games. I play an old game (submarine simulation) call Silent Hunter 4: Wolves Of The Pacific. It a very kewl game and the graphics are terrific considering the game is 10 yrs old. So what do you guys still play?

I used to playlay Silent Hunter 3 up to 2 years ago, had the Grey Wolves and other mods on it. Loved playing it. My gaming drive got the click of death and that was the end of that. Installed it on win 7 then upgraded to 10. Sh3 wont install on my win10 from dvd. Steam will but wont accept the mods and its horrendous to play otherwise.
I do have a monkey island game installed. I'm halfway through. Just got shot from cannon onto an island. CODwaw I'll play the zombie mode every so often.

I was never a huuuuuge gamer, but always absolutely loved Skate or Die that we'd play on my friend's Commodore 64 back in the day. Also, who could forget The Oregon Trail???

We still have a group that gets together once in a while for LAN party. Starcraft and Age of Empires II are our main addictions.

Though I haven't played it in awhile I still have Links on my computer. I started with the original version and had to keep upgrading my computer or graphics board to be able to play the latest versions as they came along. I still think the ball dynamics were/are the best of any golf game for the PC ever published.

Was just thinking about Half Life the other day...one of the greatest ever made.

Played all of the old Mechwarrior games through the ages. Still have couple of them loaded on the drives. Also still have a working version of Risk the video game that's fun to run through ever now and again.

@tomcat Oregon Trail yes! hahaha

I played Doom, Starcraft, Diablo 2, X-wing vs Tie Fighter, Sim Golf, SIm City 2000, Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I would still play all of those if I could. I need a PC.

741F00B1-0B55-4B86-ABE9-3E974E03B349.jpeg

Wolfenstein was the bomb, and DOOM

I played the hell out of the point and click games.

Loom, Monkey Island 1-3, Day of the Tentacle (STILL one of the most underrated games ever), etc.

I wish I could play Duke Nukem 3D Deathmatch again. So much fun.

I also spent a fair amount of time playing Microsoft Golf 3.0 online. Was in a league and played tournaments. I was even on the USA Team for a simulated Ryder Cup tournament.

I still play AoE2, Original Doom, Wolfenstein, Zeus, Ceaser, and Pharaoh. I know Steam is hit and miss on older games sometimes if you haven't heard of Good Old Games(gog.com) look them up. The games are mostly DRM free as well.

I really miss Quake 2, especially the Rail Arena servers. Day of Defeat was awesome, until they rebooted it.

Every once I a while I play Leisure Suit Larry.

Wolfenstein was the bomb, and DOOM

I say that, but i bet i haven't played a Computer game for 10 years. Or X box, or Paystation, Probably the last i played was a Wii game with my kids

Haha, are those still around?
There are several Java based ones out there that emulate the old DOS. It's a perfect port - keyboard entry and all.
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 8.55.58 AM.png

Every once I a while I play Leisure Suit Larry.

I still have a copy of Leisure Suit Larry from the original xBox. It was never ported forward to the 360 or One. As for PC games I still crack out some of the Total War games and the Stronghold Crusader ones. Other than that I live on my xBox. Still fun to play certain things on a PC though.

For anyone that ever played Everquest, just saw that Brad McQuaid passed away on Monday. :(

Not much of a gamer but did have fun with Warcraft, Starcraft, and a few others. Going way back my first game was Marathon, and I played it on one of those early Macs with the built in micro-screen.

I don't game much, but i have always been a fan of the old AD&D RGP games

Sim golf is one of my favourite all time games as well as Star Wars galactic battlegrounds.

Still play old Championship Manager and the new version football manager 20 (I’ve had every game since the early/mid 90’s)

Back