That’s an awesome bag.
And that one too.
Oh, and the other one as well!

Great looking sets!

Wow, gotta say I'm pretty jealous. Can you tell me what kind of bag that is with the Srixons? The whole setup looks like a work of art.

Sweet bags @OldandStiff ..... so the ultimate questions are (a) are you going to settle on one primary setup in 2021 and (b) who are the leading contenders in each category (club)?

PS.....the Callaway bag with some “Speed” at the top of the bag would be pretty sick.

I'd like to settle on ... less primary setups. lol If I had more bags I could take more setup pics. I'm starting to analyze data and will work down to a couple sets hopefully in the next months. I kind of prefer a more 'players-ish' set, and then something I can play more easily in matches that are on real long courses.

Speed is definitely in consideration and likely to make an appearance. They can't sell them quite yet, and can't sell me the shaft I want at all I guess. I don't think many places even have it to demo. :(

#3 for me! Love those ZX7s... Everything else looks like it would hurt my hands or my mental state playing 18.

May I ask where the honmas are?

😢

I sold my favorite Honma's. Still have a set of Rose Protos at the moment, but I don't think Honma is going to get a bag this year.

@OldandStiff how do you choose a bag for the day? Is it a coin flip? Is it an aura feel? Which bag do you have the best relationship with and which one do you really like to be with but know that it's just not right - but fun anyways?

Different ways. Course/course layout, current physical conditions :LOL:, which one I'm itching to hit, I've asked for votes here before, and yeah sometimes just get that feeling.

I have kind of a mixed relationship with most of them right now. I really like the ZX7 and am trying to make them fit well. The TM irons are honestly most dangerous in my hands. The P7MCs and I really get along, and the 770 is my favorite 3i. The Apex MB are amazing and I will find a way to keep them involved for a long time. Apex Pro combo maybe. I have a full set of X Forged that are fun but don't love. Srixon bag has my go-to putter in it, which I think says a lot about how I feel.

Do you play a corresponding ball with each set up or same ball regardless?

That's an interesting question. I mostly play TP5, will play TPx sometimes, and have played PrV1x more with the Srixon setup. Which isn't exactly how I would like it, but is the easiest way to normalize real world distances, spin, and flights across the different heads and styles.

I was thinking the same thing. Do the irons all have the same shafts and specs? Swapping full sets out that performed differently would be tough for me.

No, they do not. IO in the Cally's, Modus in the ZX, and Modus and KBS in the TM's. It's an interesting challenge trying to find what works best for me with each iron, and how to make that work within my goals for a set, and switching between them can definitely create familiarity and timing issues occasionally. Takes some focus.

Last edited:
Wow, gotta say I'm pretty jealous. Can you tell me what kind of bag that is with the Srixons? The whole setup looks like a work of art.

They're all Vessel bags. That one is a white/black Cart 2.0. My first Vessel, and my favorite. (y)

Digging the black ZipCores paired with the ZX7's. Hawt.

These are some fun set ups. I wish I could keep that many. Love it @OldandStiff

i need to do an updated witb too

I'd like to settle on ... less primary setups. lol If I had more bags I could take more setup pics. I'm starting to analyze data and will work down to a couple sets hopefully in the next months. I kind of prefer a more 'players-ish' set, and then something I can play more easily in matches that are on real long courses.

😢

I sold my favorite Honma's. Still have a set of Rose Protos at the moment, but I don't think Honma is going to get a bag this year.

Different ways. Course/course layout, current physical conditions :LOL:, which one I'm itching to hit, I've asked for votes here before, and yeah sometimes just get that feeling.

I have kind of a mixed relationship with most of them right now. I really like the ZX7 and am trying to make them fit well. The TM irons are honestly most dangerous in my hands. The P7MCs and I really get along, and the 770 is my favorite 3i. The Apex MB are amazing and I will find a way to keep them involved for a long time. Apex Pro combo maybe. I have a full set of X Forged that are fun but don't love. Srixon bag has my go-to putter in it, which I think says a lot about how I feel.

That's an interesting question. I mostly play TP5, will play TPx sometimes, and have played PrV1x more with the Srixon setup. Which isn't exactly how I would like it, but is the easiest way to normalize real world distances, spin, and flights across the different heads and styles.

No, they do not. IO in the Cally's, Modus in the ZX, and Modus and KBS in the TM's. It's an interesting challenge trying to find what works best for me with each iron, and how to make that work within my goals for a set, and switching between them can definitely create familiarity and timing issues occasionally. Takes some focus.
Im trying to imagine trying to explain this to my wife as justification for 3 sets. Major trouble.

Im trying to imagine trying to explain this to my wife as justification for 3 sets. Major trouble.
It's a... well.. it's a process. haha It's a process of elimination with the clubs, and the supposed reasons for them/it that work on the wife, and it's hard to know what they right fit is for either on a given day. :ROFLMAO:

And yes, you DEFINITELY need to update your WITB.

We need to change your name to "Tommy2bags"

great set ups!

Title should say OldandStiff What's In All The Bags

Or what's not in all the bags. Probably a shorter list..

I just realized the Cobras are gone... is that correct?

Another question for you - have you ever tried PXG irons? Asking for a friend...

I just realized the Cobras are gone... is that correct?
They're not gone gone in that they're at the apartment still. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with those. Just not a perfect fit out in the real world for me. They're great, and I don't really want to sell them, but there are only so many swings to go around.

I've tried and liked some PXG irons, but old location and current just don't have enough of them around to get very familiar. There was a PXG fitting thing at the center near here a few months ago I got an invite to, but I couldn't make it. ☹

They're not gone gone in that they're at the apartment still. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with those. Just not a perfect fit out in the real world for me. They're great, and I don't really want to sell them, but there are only so many swings to go around.

I've tried and liked some PXG irons, but old location and current just don't have enough of them around to get very familiar. There was a PXG fitting thing at the center near here a few months ago I got an invite to, but I couldn't make it. ☹
Gotcha... man, the Cobras setup pretty down by the ball. I smidge long in the tooth, but very nice.

Gotcha... man, the Cobras setup pretty down by the ball. I smidge long in the tooth, but very nice.
They are pretty. I may or may not have a bag coming that I thought about putting them in for a picture, .. or wait to fill it with Apex.. :unsure:

They are pretty. I may or may not have a bag coming that I thought about putting them in for a picture, .. or wait to fill it with Apex.. :unsure:
Any plans for.....

wedges?

Last edited:
WITB's is the proper way to title this.
All great looking setups!!!!

these bags make me look at my yard sale assortment of doodads and chingaderas, and then wanting to drive them to the land's edge and throw the lot in Neptune's graveyard.

So @OldandStiff i may have missed it but what’s upcoming on new driver purchases? Pondering anything in the Speed lineup? Taylormade SIM2 maybe?

So @OldandStiff i may have missed it but what’s upcoming on new driver purchases? Pondering anything in the Speed lineup? Taylormade SIM2 maybe?
Epic Max LS is a go, SIM2 isn't a must have for me, especially with how much I love my TSi3.

Last edited:
Any plans for.....

wedges?

I haven't been big on the Jaws. Just don't love the look of them in the bag. Regardless, I'm waiting for a couple new wedge offerings before adding to my collection of ... about 20. Lol. Honestly, I've been really enjoying the MG2's lately and have been moving them around between sets a lot.

Back