Beauties, looking forward to seeing the updates when the Apex pros arrive. At what point do u decide to start moving some sets? How many sets are at your disposal currently? I have never been able to keep 2 sets at once and switch throughout the year but I may try this year. Thinking one with a bit more forgiveness (jpx 921 forged) and the other will be Callaway x-forged cb’s. I may substitute 8-pw with the tcb’s at some point. Will depend on first impressions
I've started moving some now, with more of that coming. Want to whittle down from .. 8? I'd have to go count. I'm okay with having a couple this year, maybe 3 for a while. I like to keep one set that's a little hotter for really long course, and one that's real demanding, and be able to mix and match the in-between.

It might/could change shortly.

Lot of dates tomorrow.

20210310_212035.jpg20210310_212238.jpg

Been waiting for the full Cally bag!

IDK, seems like there is a non-Cally club hiding in that bag. But the way you've been putting I don't blame you.
It's not a Ping under the hood ;) #CallawayOdyssey

That cover just fits best.

Last edited:
Sweet looking setup @OldandStiff . New custom drivers look awesome, looking forward to the driver battle. Have fun....just an awesome bag.

If I'm looking at the right article while I'm reading and doing something you shouldn't do while reading @DNice26 , that guy's position is all about grooves and versatility. I don't have issue spinning my set AWs. They're not, say, Forged Tec or anything though. And the most versatility mine see are maybe a bump once a year, some rescue, and an occasional 50-100 yd bunker shot. I want them to be good in the turf, and fly (nearly) the exact same as my PW. They're almost solely an approach distance club for me.

Same for my 51* wedge that I like to match(looks, spin, sole design) to my set. 95% of it’s use is a full 110-120 yard shot from the turf or once in a blue moon, a 50ish yard bunker shot. I never use it for partial shots or green side chips/pitches. When I play tees over 6700 yards I will pull my GW and put another long iron in my bag.

Last edited:
I feel like this should just be a sticky thread, lol.

I took two set of irons the 1/2 mile hike to the range yesterday. Still had all my other clubs and even a few extra. I weighed the bag at something stupid like 48#

Stout legs on that one.

It's not a Ping under the hood ;) #CallawayOdyssey

That cover just fits best.
You are going to curse that putter putting a Ping headcover on it, lol. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Those setups....

You are going to curse that putter putting a Ping headcover on it, lol. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Haha I mean, the putter has black sharpie on it to cover the bad colors. As the oldest thing in any of my bags, I really don't think it cares at this point. :p

20210420_221934.jpg20210420_222042.jpg

The new full Callaway bag that'll hit the course tomorrow. TCB's are finally here. :)

All these bags filled with the same brand of clubs made me wonder. Do some brands sell more based on their location? For example...
...Do Cleveland golf clubs sell better in northern Ohio?
...Does Ping dominate the Phoenix/Scottsdale area?

Awesome set up!! The soles on those look a little chunky.. that could be a good thing.
Before your are through you need to do a combo bag of ever callaway iron. X forged apex pros TCBs and MBs. With the utility iron..
3U, 4 Pro, 5-6 XFCB, 7-9 TCB, P-A MB. Consider it done!(y)

I could do a 3i standard Apex too. I have that. ;)

All these bags filled with the same brand of clubs made me wonder. Do some brands sell more based on their location?
They do. There are definite brand trends in my area. They don't really apply to me though. My bags don't look like most others here. And I mix it up, especially with irons and wedges. I have full taylormade (p770,P7MC, MG2) and Srixon/Cleveland (zxu, ZX7, Zipcore) bags too. I've been playing the TM a lot lately. Srixon will come back around shortly.

I do lean harder towards one brand with the woods, but my TSi3 driver is #1 around here.

They don't sell much Cobra, Srixon, Mizuno in this area. That might change a bit later this year. ;)

Last edited:
3U, 4 Pro, 5-6 XFCB, 7-9 TCB, P-A MB. Consider it done!(y)

I could do a 3i standard Apex too. I have that. ;)

that will be such a fun bag. May Bess you up a bit. Do they all have the same shafts?

That’s a bag that if I just saw it sitting in the bag rack I would first think. Damn, that’s an awesome bag. Then think, dudes trying to hard. With you, I know better and think it is awesome.

Damn, that’s an awesome bag. Then think, dudes trying to hard.

That reaction actually has a lot of benefits... for me. Hehe

The MB's are getting pretty beat and it's starting to work against me. A fall/winter blade release that's seen that much action says too much. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back