Older clubs you’ve always wanted to see with a modern shaft setup?

Is it out of line that I am browsing for deals on my favorite vintage irons? How do Fluid Feel bores play with graphite?

1984-86-Wilson-Staff-Tour-Blade-9-Iron-Fluid-Feel.jpg

I'd love to see a set of Ping blonde persimmon head driver and woods on modern shafts with accenting graphics.

not so much wanting to play them in a newer shaft but just wanting to try them out period:

1. Callaway X12 irons

2. TM R7 Driver

3. Been eyeing the Ping ISI's as well

I got rid of my TM R7 Superquad TP, donation to a friends father in law hut man what a head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20200425_195643.jpg

This with a Tensei Pro Orange or a Ventus Blue would be fun to smash.

I'd love to see a set of Ping blonde persimmon head driver and woods on modern shafts with accenting graphics.

Technically, those were laminated 😇 I have a set with Aldila HM-40

Arnold Palmer Peerless Pete, Blonde is one I always wanted. HZRDUS Green as an update to EI-70?

Adams Speedline 9032 LS, Taylor Made r7 SuperQuad, Taylor Made r510 for drivers.

Taylor Made 300, RAC TP (2006) in irons.

Adams CMB
Mizzuno MP 54
Nike Vapor Pro Combo

this thread has me thinking of swapping shafts in my forged pro combos

DO IT!!!! They are a great set that still stand up today.

Came on here to post my Ping Eye 2s and happy to see others thinking the same. Those irons with some of today’s shafts would be a fun combo.

DO IT!!!! They are a great set that still stand up today.

I was surprised at how well I hit them the other day...made me wonder what some recoils might feel like in them

I was surprised at how well I hit them the other day...made me wonder what some recoils might feel like in them

That’s the combo I would go with.

TItleist 962b

Man, the RBZ with a modern setup like, say, a LINQ sounds interesting...

Adams CMB
Mizzuno MP 54
Nike Vapor Pro Combo
You taunt me. You know my love of the NVPC’s, one of my favorite sets ever ever ever, and senselessly belittled at times.

If I could find a set in decent shape to send off for refinish.....man.

not so much wanting to play them in a newer shaft but just wanting to try them out period:

1. Callaway X12 irons

2. TM R7 Driver

3. Been eyeing the Ping ISI's as well
Got a set of Nickel ISI's in the basement. I loved those things.

Man, the RBZ with a modern setup like, say, a LINQ sounds interesting...
Dick's sells an RBZ variant now I think. Not sure what shaft is in it though. They also may have changed their $250 TaylorMade offering to an M2 though. I know for a while they had that TBZ in there though.

You taunt me. You know my love of the NVPC’s, one of my favorite sets ever ever ever, and senselessly belittled at times.

If I could find a set in decent shape to send off for refinish.....man.

Not taunting just subtle suggestions So...................get on it. Oh if you find a set in good shape let me know.

Not taunting just subtle suggestions So...................get on it. Oh if you find a set in good shape let me know.
Been looking over a year now 😭

Been looking over a year now 😭

Me to. I figured you had already out bid me and had them in play. Lol. I’ll also add Bridgestone J15 DF to the list.

I had a old Cleveland Launcher SL290 that I put an Even Flow shaft in - didn't work out too well. No real good idea why.

Also picked up an old Nike Machspeed driver and put a black V2 shaft in it. That one worked out a lot better and the color scheme is on point.

Back