Older drivers with great shafts?

Danilo

Master Blaster!!
Reaction score
Handicap
17.xx
I've recently taken more of an interest in a new shaft for my driver, and it got me to thinking...
What older drivers offer nice shafts as stock? Like the Cleveland TL310 (not really an older driver) comes with a Miyazaki shaft. Are there a lot of older drivers that would be worth buying just for the shaft? Do you guys know some notable ones?

Are the Project X shafts in the Callaway FT the same as regular PX shafts just with added logos?

Some of the older Adams drivers come with some nice Matrix offerings. I think the PX's in the Cally's are watered down versions. You need to find older Taylormade "TP" drivers, they should have legit shafts in them.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for those.

Walter Hagan driver than I can't remember the name of and Cleveland Launcher 460 both have the Aldila NV in them. I've considered buying one just for the shaft too.

The Ping Rapture V2 had a real Diamana Blueboard as a shaft option, one of the best combos you'll find.
You can find them all over eBay.

I don't know about stock offerings, but I do know that the old Tour Issue TaylorMade Superquad TP 282 with a Matrix F7M2 LTD was absolute beast. Longest driver I ever played. I cracked the face after 2 1/2 years of solid use. Wish I could find a barely used one for cheap!!
The original Taylormade Superquad TP was a heck of a driver!!

The Ping Rapture V2 had a real Diamana Blueboard as a shaft option, one of the best combos you'll find.
You can find them all over eBay.

I have one of those in my 1 hybrid. I love that shaft.

If you need a higher ball flight, check out the Ping G10's with the UST v2 High Launch shafts.

Just like you mentioned - I picked up a Cleveland XL270 Draw 12 degree just for the hell of it. I figure if I hook it or it launches too high I'll at least have a nice shaft to stick on a TM head down the road.

Back