Oldest Club in Your Bag?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to explain, not the longest tenured, but oldest as in release date. What is it and why do you keep it there?

Callaway GBB Epic. I actually got it brand new back in July from a local golf shop for $150. Way too good to pass up. I need a stiffer shaft for it though. I also have a PXG Gen1 3 utility. Whether or not I keep it in the bag depends on course I’m playing but the feel is incredible!

Adams Idea A7 3-4h, 5i-PW. They’re still in the bag because I was explicitly told not to buy new irons :LOL:

Titleist 818 H2 hybrids

I keep them there because i haven't gotten to place my Morgan Cup order yet. They were due for an upgrade this year either way.

Callaway Epic Flash driver. Bought it two summers ago.

Nike Vapor Flex 5 wood from 2015. It's a club I can hit and almost automatically hit a fairway if needed. I even tee off on a Par 5 with it since the fairway is so important on that hole. A confidence boosting club for sure

Currently, the Mack Daddy 5 wedges.

Ping G25 5h. For some reason I just can't shift it, hit it out of every and any lie.

Odyssey O Works Black 7S Putter. Think its 4 years old now? I love the roll it puts on the ball, and the feel off the face, and finally the fact that it feels light. I don't like heavy putters. I tried Stroke Lab and did not care for it as much as it made the head feel heavier to me.

19 PM grind. Because it is just automatic out of bunkers.
Yup, I had one of those and agree with it exactly. Almost cheating at times.

Xr16 3w

My set of Mizuno MP-15s I purchased in 2014/15. Still have them because I hit them well and irons are expensive :D

Probably will be getting a new set this year.

Srixon Z355 7 wood. It was already an old model when I bought it new on closeout, so it is actually not very old.

SM6 50 Degree. I just haven't found anything better to replace it. I need to probably kick it out this year.

Rocketballz Stage 2 3W. It may be old but it can still mash the ball.

Titleist AP2 710 irons because I love them and haven't mustered up the courage to upgrade

2006 cleveland dsg rtg wedges, 52-56-60*
I love the dynamic sole grinds. I had these wedges long ago, have since tried others along the road but I fall back to these. They remind me of a blade iron and for me the less chunkyness of the wedge helps me with my chipping woes...

2007 Taylormade Burner 3 wood. My money club.

Uhmmmmm.....T200's ( August 2019 )?

I may have a problem. :oops:

Last edited:
Toulon Chicago that putter is so good...

At this point... Srixon 765s

Callaway X Utility Prototype from 2012. I had never hit a utility and picked those up from a buddy and liked them. Still in the bag because I haven't tried out any newer ones.

20* Callaway X-Hot pro, with Tour AD-DI 85 shaft since like 2012ish. This club can do so many things for me. From hitting low runners from deep rough, to being my go to can't miss club when I have to absolutely hit the FW from the tee with trouble left and right.

2019 PM Grind wedge. Everything else in the bag are 2020 models (Mavrik). The PM Grind stays because it's magical.

Prior to last year’s upgrade, it would have been my Ping K15 irons from 2010.

Last edited:
Cobra F9 driver right now. Really loving this, but feel it's time to look at a new driver for the bag

Back