Oldest Club in Your Bag?

2006 Ping Redwood Anser. It finds its way in and out of the bag depending on how I am putting.

Either my TEE EX10 beta 3w or my Cleveland RTX-3 wedges are my longest tenured clubs.

My EX10 stays in the bags because it is a rocket launcher from the fairway, or the tee. My my RTX-3 wedges because they are classic Cleveland wedges that continue to perform for me.

Just to explain, not the longest tenured, but oldest as in release date. What is it and why do you keep it there?

1993 Cameron made carbon steel Bullseye , which is in the bag because I seem to roll the ball better with it and make more putts than I do when swinging newer putters.
IMG_8245.JPG

Putter that is 3 or 4 years from release.. I think.. Then irons that are 3 years old.

2008 Burner 3 wood. Although it doesn't get much use because I stink with it.

Callaway X-Hot Hybrid - it's still in there because I just haven't replaced it. Looking to possibly replacing it this year....hopefully...:ROFLMAO:

Current bag? Probably my '19 P790s, which were released in August 2019. Other than that, it's my Jaws wedges (september '19 IIRC). Main reason is because I'm a club ho, and I started rebuilding my bag last year to get updated across the board.

Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 20* Hybrid. Release was 2016, so almost five years old. I might update it this year, it is still really good, but there are so many good hybrids out there that I want to try.

The J40 irons were released in 2011. I've tried other iron sets, and I just keep coming back to them. The putter was a 2002-2003 release.

The original Callaway Apex irons ('14). I like them and haven't really felt the need to search out a new set. I think next year might be the year for a new set, but there is time this year still!

Bag isn’t entirely set and I’m not looking up release dates although I think the putter to be much older.

Two candidates.

Mizzy/Betti BC2 putter

Cobra FlyZ 4h.

Wow... kinda doubt anyone will beat that old Bullseye putter. I have a buddy who still like to play his (though its older and definitely not shiny). He says it makes him focus more or something... I think he just likes the nostalgia of it.

I have a Dunlop "No Problem!" 7 wood in my bag. Its from early 2000's I'd guess.

s-l400.jpg

They're all the same age, because, well, #TheGrandaddy.

hmmm, i think it would be my jaws wedges. i think they were released before the mavrik line or triple track putters.

this thread should be titled "find the club ho"

2006 - Ping 58° wedge.
I only use it for greenside bunker shots

Toulon Palm Beach that I got in July 2019. I love the feel and roll it puts on the ball.

All this said I could throw an iron set I had built for me in 1996 in my bag and if I remember to club up, I’ll post the same score.

It’s just not as fun.

2016 Callaway Big Bertha fairway woods and Apex irons. Love to hit them so no real desire to change them out.

About a 2005 Power Play Select 5000 3 Hybrid Iron my driving iron. plus 3-4 times a year a 60s era Bullseye putter ....

Tour Edge Trilogy Hybrid - came out in 2010.

My driver predates my 7W. I want to some day replace them but budget reasons prevent that. Maybe when the BB21's drop in price

My G700 irons although I bought them near the end of their life cycle. They work for me and I haven't really seen anything on the market worth of spending the money to replace them yet. They are long and with my swing and shaft combination and they fly high and stop pretty easily. So far the best irons I've owned for my swing.

The original Callaway Apex irons ('14). I like them and haven't really felt the need to search out a new set. I think next year might be the year for a new set, but there is time this year still!
I kinda wish I still had my 14 Apex combo set.

Back