Oldest Club in Your Bag?

still loving my persimmon 5W from Kenneth Smith who went out of business in 2003, so mine dated from the last century.

Gotta be my Tyson Lamb Allendale.

2018 Ping G400 MAX driver, waiting to get fit at CC so we’ll see if she stays. I doubt it and she knows it.

Callaway X2Hot Pro 4H - I think it released in 2014?

I have yet to find anything to knock it out of my bag. I really need to buy another one to keep on ice.

I have 2 clubs that are both pretty old. My putter is a Ping Anser Dalehead I bought new in 1971. I keep it because I putt well with it. if I’m not making putts, it’s not the clubs fault. No reason to change. The other I don’t know how old it is. It might even be older than the Ping. I got it second hand from my father. It’s an Arnold Palmer sand wedge that I started using 50 years ago. I’ve tried the sand wedges that came with the last two sets of irons I bought and I’ve tried 2 Vokey SM-7s, a 56 and a 60 degree but none of those clubs gets me out of the sand better than that old Palmer. It’s got a big, thick, sole that digs down in the sand just the right amount without ever going too deep.EDBD4ABE-68FB-49C1-827E-135FAC819A4F.jpeg3377E201-E7BA-4F1E-A524-381ABE612A98.jpeg

Last edited:
Odyssey O Works black 1w. It stay there because I never remove a club that works, more so when it’s a putter.

My Nike SQ 3-wood. It's the last original club from my first set I pieced together at play-it-again 5 years ago. I still haven't learned how to hit a 3-wood well enough to be comfortable playing one so I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. It will be one of the first things I address with lessons this year.

I forgot to add my 2007 Scotty Cameron, which is now in the bag again.

i-ssXghpX-L.jpg

i-7Q65tk9-L.jpg

i-hpSbjpn-L.jpg

2003 Taylormade 580 driver with 10.5 loft & stock stiff. I have 3 of them. It's just a great match for my swing.

I have tried many other loaner drivers from my friends and golf shops and still haven't found a better one to replace it with.

Odyssey O-Works Tank 7 because of the Micro Hinge insert.

1998 Scotty Cameron which is also my newest purchase.

other than that I have a R15 hybrid keep around for no apparent reason

In the bag currently is a Ben Hogan Radial 2 iron circa 1983 I use as a utility. It also helps if I have to put the driver in time out.

Last edited:
Titleist 816 3 and 4 Hybrid. They are just consistent and easy to hit.

I am honestly not sure of two clubs are chronologically older as got about same time used: 1. Titleist 904 4w with a ProForce shaft I love; and, 2. Scotty Cameron series 62 putter that I get streaky hot with. Both have been in bag at least 7 years and I have tried other 4-5 woods but hard to beat consistent distance and workable nature or look of this old model. I have an older Boca putter I also have played around with but the Cameron had been really good but am considering a change to newer technology.

Both may get changed out this year with putter likely first as I am playing more after a layoff.

Razr Fit 9.5* driver with AD DI 7s.
I cracked my 2 year old driver(a good company that I will not name) so am having to use this one until I can budget for a new driver.

I guess my driver is the oldest (release date) it’s a Ping G410

Sonartec 5 wood at 19deg, its been upgraded to a new HZRDUS Black Smoke shaft though

My Odyssey TriHot #1 Mallet putter... Made in 2001 but still performing!

odyssey-tri-hot-putter-golf-club-37_1_07efc790326b139e9985f80ff28ead8a.jpg

Odyssey Exo 7s putter. Haven’t found anything I like better to date, it works pretty darn well for me, and I really can’t complain about something that Sean Toulon fitted me for.

It's either the Scotty Newport 2 putter (c. 2018) ... kept in for obvious reasons.
OR
Vokey SM6 56* wedge. (c. 2016) ... just too lazy to buy a new 56*. I have SM7's in the other wedges. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My Scotty Cameron/ Titleist 1997 Project CLN putter---

I guess the Ben Hogan VKTR hybrids were released in 2016.

My current putter is a Ping Craz-E G2i JDM model...so about 2006 or so. I've tried lots of putters and it's all about feel. This one feels best for now.
Honorable mention to my OG set of Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scots. They still can get the job done and are fun to bring out a few times a year.

Toulon Las Vegas by release, but it’s only two years old.

I think it's the MD4 54* wedge... it's hard to get rid of a good wedge... but Jaws will replace it soon

Back