? ? ?

Is that considered a longneck?

Edit: answered on insta, but figured it's good education
It's not, but it's a much cheaper opportunity to experience Olson (buying used) vs going all in on a custom right out of the gate.

In the basement on the green though? Outstanding. Visually satisfying, audibly excellent... YES.

Shiny.

That finish is fantastic!

It's pretty, but the grind down on the face milling would drive me nuts. It looks like he slipped a little.
It's probably my favourite part, honestly.

I adore it. Other guys like Cody James do it a bit more clean, but I love the sort of industrial aspect of it.

Edit: missed this.

So no. :devilish:
Well, see, Dan and I have very different opinions about what a putter should look like. I would pass on this one for the sole reason (⬅ see what I did there?) of stamps where I don't think stamps should be. I like the head shape, and I'm always fond of cooking a putter to a golden brown, but pointless welds don't do it for me (it's not a deal breaker, but it's not something I seek out.)

So, I've got a bone to pick.

Logan's putters are beautiful, but for me, they're coming up short in certain areas. Boutique putters should be a total package: looks, craftsmanship, playability, and personal preference. With the sloppy grind here and there, I was a little turned off (yes, I know it can be endearing, but It's sort of like a double stamp - it's a mistake whether you like it or not.) But there is no excuse for this paint fill. You shouldn't be painting clubs, if you're allowing them to leave your shop looking like this :(Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.47.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.47.59 PM.png

Logan's putters are beautiful, but for me, they're coming up short in certain areas. Boutique putters should be a total package: looks, craftsmanship, playability, and personal preference. With the sloppy grind here and there, I was a little turned off (yes, I know it can be endearing, but It's sort of like a double stamp - it's a mistake whether you like it or not.) But there is no excuse for this paint fill. You shouldn't be painting clubs, if you're allowing them to leave your shop looking like this :(View attachment 8912149View attachment 8912150
That's definitely a little rough. The paint fill is one of the reasons I was disappointed in the Lajosi I had made a few years ago.

Logan's putters are beautiful, but for me, they're coming up short in certain areas. Boutique putters should be a total package: looks, craftsmanship, playability, and personal preference. With the sloppy grind here and there, I was a little turned off (yes, I know it can be endearing, but It's sort of like a double stamp - it's a mistake whether you like it or not.) But there is no excuse for this paint fill. You shouldn't be painting clubs, if you're allowing them to leave your shop looking like this :(View attachment 8912149View attachment 8912150
This is where I land on so many boutique putter makers...the amount of ugly welds, poor finishes, subpar paint etc etc that makes it out of the shops is so bad. I feel that with Olson you're still getting a pretty darn solid value for your money though.

It's pretty, but the grind down on the face milling would drive me nuts. It looks like he slipped a little.
What does "grind down on the face milling" mean ?

What does "grind down on the face milling" mean ?
He’s referring to the heel of the face on Dans putter, at the heel the face milling has essentially been buffed/ground off to fade into a smoothe surface there.

That was a collab with Corey Paul.

Wonder who did the paint fill as I’ve not seen any of Logan’s other work look like that.

That was a collab with Corey Paul.

Wonder who did the paint fill as I’ve not seen any of Logan’s other work look like that.
It's interesting to hear that. I wonder what Corey did on that stick at all, other than have Logan add his logo. I agree with you, that I don't think this is the level of talent LO possesses. This type of bubbling in the paint occurs when there is some kind of oil residue lingering. I wonder if this club got an oil bath before being completed. The point I'm trying to make is that this little detail is incredibly easy to clean up if you put in just a little more work. The fact that whomever did the paint didn't do that is what's is questionable.

Paint fill isn't a tough thing. Not even in the slightest. I've seen Corey Pauls work, and have never noticed this. I've seen Logan's and feel the same. The issue is about cutting corners.

Very nice looking putters. Looks like custom work only from what I can tell on the site. Wonder what the pricing is like.
A lot.

It's interesting to hear that. I wonder what Corey did on that stick at all, other than have Logan add his logo. I agree with you, that I don't think this is the level of talent LO possesses. This type of bubbling in the paint occurs when there is some kind of oil residue lingering. I wonder if this club got an oil bath before being completed. The point I'm trying to make is that this little detail is incredibly easy to clean up if you put in just a little more work. The fact that whomever did the paint didn't do that is what's is questionable.

Paint fill isn't a tough thing. Not even in the slightest. I've seen Corey Pauls work, and have never noticed this. I've seen Logan's and feel the same. The issue is about cutting corners.
I thought wiping with acetone can have the same effect.

Corey and Logan got together and created some designs at one point. I’m sure this is one from the batch.

everything I’ve seen on instagram from Olson has been superb.

I thought wiping with acetone can have the same effect.

Corey and Logan got together and created some designs at one point. I’m sure this is one from the batch.

everything I’ve seen on instagram from Olson has been superb.
Acetone will never cause paint to bubble. It will give it a rough cure though if you don't wait for it to cure properly

BTW @Canadan, surely you've had a few days to roll some putts. Thoughts?
Yeah man. It’s awesome.

I think it’s at 35.5 and has a huge grip master on it which made it weird.... but my first putt on course was a 25 footer that I nailed for birdie.

Yeah man. It’s awesome.

I think it’s at 35.5 and has a huge grip master on it which made it weird.... but my first putt on course was a 25 footer that I nailed for birdie.

That's like sitting down at a blackjack table for the first time and getting dealt blackjack on your first hand ever, tough to get away from the table after that.

Yeah man. It’s awesome.

You make me sick...in a good way.

Back