Once again, cancer sucks...

Surgery was a success from what the dr has said. Recovery didn’t go as planned and had to stay overnight for observation due to some breathing issues. Follow up is Tuesday now to find out pathology results and see if any radiation/chemo is necessary.

That is good news. Hoping for the best for you.

Surgery was a success from what the dr has said. Recovery didn’t go as planned and had to stay overnight for observation due to some breathing issues. Follow up is Tuesday now to find out pathology results and see if any radiation/chemo is necessary.

Definitely will keep you and your family in our prayers Alex. Tuesday is going to be a good day & will be remembered as the day you beat this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers are with you for good news.

Positive thoughts headed your way!!!

Sorry to say i never noticed this thread. Honestly I hate it. I hate the freaking word. I hate everything about it. i hate thinking about it. Unfortunately its real and its here.
I truly wish anyone here going through anything related all the best luck and strength and power and only for nothing but good news and good things.

Thank you. I’ve done my best to keep a positive mindset through this and admit I’ve broken down a couple times over the last week but so far nothing crazy has happened. Friends have been awesome though and the jokes they’ve come up with have been fun. Looking to wear this tomorrow to surgery

233e1c4f6d3941daa91d34bc22c14820.jpg
As a testicular cancer survivor myself, I want that shirt!! lol

Seriously though, just stay positive and get through all of the treatment! You got this!!

Good luck my man! Also, I was kidding in the Tahoe thread about the balls but low and behold it wasn't a joke. You don't need 'em anyways, my 110 pound dog doesn't need 'em and he's just fine......just scared of rabbits now.

Prayers for you and yours for good news on Tuesday and a great recovery. You got this!

Praying for you buddy!! Nothing but positive thoughts for your follow-up on Tuesday!

As a testicular cancer survivor myself, I want that shirt!! lol

Seriously though, just stay positive and get through all of the treatment! You got this!!

I didn’t get it in time but wouldn’t have matter as I was in a gown within 10 minutes of checking in. But my nurse overnight was awesome and put it on my board while I was there

f727875c35cd6d726f9d64bb24e54467.jpg

Prayers buddy!

I didn’t get it in time but wouldn’t have matter as I was in a gown within 10 minutes of checking in. But my nurse overnight was awesome and put it on my board while I was there

f727875c35cd6d726f9d64bb24e54467.jpg

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well man!

Thoughts and prayers to your wife. Stay strong!

Happy to hear surgery went well! Certainly don’t wish chemo or radiation on anyone. Hopefully you won’t need either. Fingers crossed for you!

Good to hear. Thoughts & prayers to you & yours! Stay strong!

So happy to hear the surgery was a success! Sending love, positive vibes and prayers your way and hoping that radiation/chemo isn't necessary.

I’ve been able to spend some time with my dad these last two days. It’s been almost 8 months since my mom lost her battle with cancer and it has really taken a toll on him. He’s lost a good amount of weight and just looks “older” now. He’s 65 and I have never thought of him as an old man until this week. He’s doing well for someone, who until my mom was paralyzed and stuck in a bed, never washed a load of laundry or cooked a meal besides pouring Cheerios in a bowl. But, it’s tough seeing my father age!

I’ve been able to spend some time with my dad these last two days. It’s been almost 8 months since my mom lost her battle with cancer and it has really taken a toll on him. He’s lost a good amount of weight and just looks “older” now. He’s 65 and I have never thought of him as an old man until this week. He’s doing well for someone, who until my mom was paralyzed and stuck in a bed, never washed a load of laundry or cooked a meal besides pouring Cheerios in a bowl. But, it’s tough seeing my father age!
Sorry about your mom. I hope your dad has a turn for the good soon.

Sorry for your loss. That's a big adjustment for your dad. Hope he can come out of this OK.

It is Relay For Life night here in my hometown. I'll be walking for an hour tonight from 2-3am for my son's Scout troop. We just sat through the Luminaria ceremony and did the silent walk. I look forward to the day this disease is history.

Today is the first anniversary of my mother’s passing after her two year battle with cancer. I’m glad she’s no longer in pain, but I miss her everyday. Today is going to be tough. I want to wish all of THP Nation a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!

Today is the first anniversary of my mother’s passing after her two year battle with cancer. I’m glad she’s no longer in pain, but I miss her everyday. Today is going to be tough. I want to wish all of THP Nation a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!

It gets better but I still miss mine everyday. Keep your head up today brother...she's always looking down on you.

First time I’ve seen this thread. Wishing the best for all here. My heart goes out to those who face the fight or have lost loved ones. I hate cancer. Hard for me to even talk about it. Survivor myself, dad is having a kidney with a large mass removed. It appeared within 3 months timeframe. He has also gone through prostate cancer. His surgery was supposed to be last week, rescheduled for yesterday, canceled due to huge snowstorm. They will reschedule him today. On my dad’s side his father, brother and sister all died of cancer. My wife’s parents both survived cancer. It has been too much a part of our families.

Last edited:
It is coming up to 20 months since we lost my dad to cancer, another good friend of mine lost his mother recently, and we suspect that one of our neighbours doesn't have long left either as we found out he has been admitted to a hospice last weekend

My mother in law Vickie fought hard, but the ocular melanoma mets that had spread to her liver unfortunately won out on Sunday afternoon. She loved her family more than anything and raised 3 girls that couldn't be better people or have bigger hearts. We're heartbroken that she's gone far too soon, but thankful for the memories, laughs and good times that will live on through us all. We'll miss her dearly.
57b569f5541a4265b2bf0da31c86f6dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back