Oncore Golf Genius Ball or iPutt Ball

I have thought something like this was due but I think a cart mounted launch monitor of some sort with a integrated gps.

I uh.......dont really know about this. I def wouldnt of backed it.

Although I think it would be awesome to have the technology to be able to find a ball YOU KNOW didnt go into the sh*t but cant find.

The switch to putting only makes sense because the genius ball can’t happen. But wow, that took a long time and it’s not being admitted, still.

My local public course has GPS in the cart and it seems bizarre to me that more courses don’t.

Im not sure I understand the shift to putting only golf ball.
You did crowdsourcing for a product and have not delivered that product. I get that part. So you change the product into one you can make and will deliver it?

Seems a bit optimistic without really good communication as to why. If they get better at the communication part with updates, I believe most golfers will play along for the longer than expected ride. Releasing new products without updates on one you paid for is a tougher pill to swallow with lack of communication.
I agree, switching from trackable/playable smart ball to a smart ball you can only putt with is a giant bait and switch. I would potentially help fund the former, but am disinterested in the latter.

Im not sure I understand the shift to putting only golf ball.
You did crowdsourcing for a product and have not delivered that product. I get that part. So you change the product into one you can make and will deliver it?

Seems a bit optimistic without really good communication as to why. If they get better at the communication part with updates, I believe most golfers will play along for the longer than expected ride. Releasing new products without updates on one you paid for is a tougher pill to swallow with lack of communication.
I agree on the disappointment many would have with how they did crowdsourcing and what will actually be delivered. Seems a poor way to do business, especially with poor reasons why.

I wonder if this intelligent putting ball can be the first step toward finally creating that smart ball?

Here are 2 completely unrelated but similar topics...

Duke Nukem Forever... had around 15 years in development. It was completely reworked something like 3 times with completly different and new physics engines as the owner wanted to present the latest and greatest for its release. In the words of the creator, "It will be ready when it is ready." Once it was in customers hands, there was great disappointment.

Guns-n-Roses took 11 years or so to release their eagerly anticipated album Chinese Democracy. Everyone expected Apetite for Destruction type of music and sales... and what they got was more like... Perry Como. Not that there's anything wrong with Perry Como but Chinese Democracy didn't sound like Guns-n-Roses... and there was great disappointment.

To me, in my wholly unqualified opinion, it sounds like the genius ball is vaporware and the iputt ball is a great disappointment.

I didn't make a mistake and buy Duke Nukem Forever because there were better video games out at the time... so I wasn't disappointed there. I did however, buy a copy of Chinese Democracy. I should have bought Nickelback's album... that's how bad it was. I was sorely disappointed with the album. I don't think I'll be jumping onto the iputt ball, nor will I be awaiting a genius ball with eager anticipation.

This is big bummer! When I first heard about this product I was pretty excited. I’m big into stat tracking with Arccos and thought that maybe this ball could be used for similar purposes plus you could track spin.

Why do you think they can’t deliver on the product? Is it because the core isn’t solid and can’t handle the compression/ball speed on full swings?

I see no use whatsoever for a ball that can only measure putting metrics. I can't fathom what it could give that would be useful information. And then there's also the issue that it's against the RoG to substitute a ball in play during a hole, for whoever that might matter to. Hard, hard pass on this one.

With the latest news around this brand, it reminded me of this thread.

The last update on Indigogo was nearly a year ago.

With the latest news around this brand, it reminded me of this thread.

The last update on Indigogo was nearly a year ago.
I saw your name on the latest post in this thread and was looking for an update. Looks like I got what I thought I was going to get.

I saw your name on the latest post in this thread and was looking for an update. Looks like I got what I thought I was going to get.
haha, same here

It’s a shame they burned so many bridges with that release (or lack thereof). My favorite ball is their Avant55. Between that non release and Gary Player’s son pulling that stunt they are not doing themselves any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reached out to Oncore media relations about this and was told "they are still working on it".
So here we are FOUR years later.

I reached out to Oncore media relations about this and was told "they are still working on it".

How are they even still in business??

I was literally thinking about this yesterday. What a freaking sham.

How are they even still in business??
They pretty much abandoned it in my opinion and moved to other things such as Gary Player and his son :D
When communication just stops, it comes off as smoke and mirrors.

They pretty much abandoned it in my opinion and moved to other things such as Gary Player and his son :D

Gary seems like a bad investment.

Seems so shady.
Wish I didn't like the elixr so much
:confused:

Much like the Biltong that one of the Player boys pressured me into immediately eating, this news about the OnCore Genius makes me nauseous and angry. With the amount of time spent in development, a regular Exlir could be working on its masters degree by now.

I just had to drop in here. This would be funny if not for ripping people off. I can see the evolution:

"We've got a steel core golf ball. Let's do telemetrics and put the chip inside, this will be easy."

<Goes to get crowdfunding>

"Hmmmm... how to we get the chip inside? Without zapping or melting it? Nevermind, we'll just superglue it together and overmold it for now."

<Makes prototype>

"We can't talk to the radio."

<Consults Wikipedia>

"I think we just built a Faraday Cage. ****. This might be harder than we thought".

"I've got it. Let's make a putting ball so we don't crush the battery, and make it recoverable to sustain the abuse of extended putting practice."

Don’t forget “and still not deliver”

Back