Review OnCore Vero X1 Golf Balls

I believe the new selling price of Elixir will be $29.95.
Which honestly makes a lot of sense with the current market.

they were, but you can get all sorts of specials on them now. They have updated the pricing to 29.99 for 2020. I'm guessing to cause some separation from these while allowing wiggle room for a price drop.

That's good news. I really like the Elixir, but I only really bought them at $20-$25 a doz. Especially when I could get Z-Stars at $20/doz on one of Srixon's awesome BOGO deals.

That's good news. I really like the Elixir, but I only really bought them at $20-$25 a doz. Especially when I could get Z-Stars at $20/doz on one of Srixon's awesome BOGO deals.
Agree the $20 z stars are a no brainier for the season. The ELIXR is a great ball and believe they do 2/$50... How much more are you getting from the Vero X1 than the ELIXR, tough to out monetarily, but doubtful it's worth the premium pricing.

You tell me though as I haven't seen the Vero X1 on course.

Agree the $20 z stars are a no brainier for the season. The ELIXR is a great ball and believe they do 2/$50... How much more are you getting from the Vero X1 than the ELIXR, tough to out monetarily, but doubtful it's worth the premium pricing.

You tell me though as I haven't seen the Vero X1 on course.

for ME, I think the performance is worth the upcharge because it has proven on the course and on the LM to give a boost in spots where there Elixr was just "ok" to me. More ball speed of the driver, more distance off the driver, higher spin into the greens, and just an overall better feel. But like with anything equipment related the customer has the choice. Do they want to play an older driver and save money or a new driver and pay for that premium?

for ME, I think the performance is worth the upcharge because it has proven on the course and on the LM to give a boost in spots where there Elixr was just "ok" to me. More ball speed of the driver, more distance off the driver, higher spin into the greens, and just an overall better feel. But like with anything equipment related the customer has the choice. Do they want to play an older driver and save money or a new driver and pay for that premium?
Interesting... Knowing those two items changed that means a lot. Well worth the price of admission.

Interesting... Knowing those two items changed that means a lot. Well worth the price of admission.

yup and then the question is how does it stand up to the other balls in that price range.

yup and then the question is how does it stand up to the other balls in that price range.

And that is the million dollar question. One of the areas where a number of companies have succeeded is through trial programs and sleeves. OnCore has chosen the "influencer" model as you can tell based on social media, which hopefully works for them. I don't view that as really hitting the core golfer as much, but I could be wrong.

DTC is a tough market, but a fair market and the brands that still exist and thrive have done so in a myriad of different ways. Cut based on price. Snell based on past history. Vice based on solid marketing. And then OnCore which has been based on a unique evolution that put their name in the limelight. But name in the lime light doesnt do much if the product stinks and the Elixir didnt stink.

The biggest thing about this ball is it seems as though it is being marketed as a better Elixir because of the extra layer. Im not sure I understand that line of thinking. Its a different ball, noticeably firmer to me off the tee.

And that is the million dollar question. One of the areas where a number of companies have succeeded is through trial programs and sleeves. OnCore has chosen the "influencer" model as you can tell based on social media, which hopefully works for them. I don't view that as really hitting the core golfer as much, but I could be wrong.

DTC is a tough market, but a fair market and the brands that still exist and thrive have done so in a myriad of different ways. Cut based on price. Snell based on past history. Vice based on solid marketing. And then OnCore which has been based on a unique evolution that put their name in the limelight. But name in the lime light doesnt do much if the product stinks and the Elixir didnt stink.

The biggest thing about this ball is it seems as though it is being marketed as a better Elixir because of the extra layer. Im not sure I understand that line of thinking. Its a different ball, noticeably firmer to me off the tee.

it's like they are chasing the Erik Anders Lang Vice crew with the influencer status.

it's like they are chasing the Erik Anders Lang Vice crew with the influencer status.

Hahha. True.
I get it, its hard to make noise, but there are so many paths to choose and this one is unique if the goal is core golfers. Their product lineup, especially now seems to dictate that, but I am not sure their model is setup for that honestly.

Then add what their goals are, and I am still under the belief that it isnt golf balls.

Then add what their goals are, and I am still under the belief that it isnt golf balls.

What do you believe their goals are?

BTW, yes I have seen sleeve giveaways, BOGO deals, Membership discounts, holiday sales, giveaway contests and more from Oncore on all 3 of their balls, font know why people believe it would be any different with the Vero.

From what I read, they did head to head tests on Iron Biron with the Vero equal too or outperforming all of the top balls. I'm sure we will see more on this data appear as well. Or we can just give a sleeve to Matt from TXG, I think he is a robot....

What do you believe their goals are?

BTW, yes I have seen sleeve giveaways, BOGO deals, Membership discounts, holiday sales, giveaway contests and more from Oncore on all 3 of their balls, font know why people believe it would be any different with the Vero.

From what I read, they did head to head tests on Iron Biron with the Vero equal too or outperforming all of the top balls. I'm sure we will see more on this data appear as well. Or we can just give a sleeve to Matt from TXG, I think he is a robot....

To quote the owner, "A Blue Ocean".
Their sports complex that may or may not be coming gives a bit of insight in my opinion.

Their product started with the metal ball (that was awful) and they evolved into a pretty solid option albeit overpriced for their segment in the Elixir. In between they went out of DTC to back in with their "buy the balls at the grocery store option".

In my opinion, much of that came from putting their name in the spotlight of golfers through the Genius ball. Without spending a marketing dime, no company got more coverage through an upcoming product than they did with that (which is brilliant), but still havent delivered. I think their marketing is not geared towards the core golfer, or internet golfer if you will, like some of the other brands. Which is great if it is working for you.

With that said, that doesn't take away from this product and while it wasn't the best I have tested, it was pretty darn good and I think @ddec article shows that off extremely well.

The results pull me in but the price point doesn't ... unless I see it compared to other balls at swing speeds similar to mine and producing intriguing numbers.

Cool to see OnCore include the article link in their email today.

Guessing that Gary Player may lose his endorsement contract after his son Wayne's antics during Lee Elder's portion of the Honorary first tee ceremony.

Guessing that Gary Player may lose his endorsement contract after his son Wayne's antics during Lee Elder's portion of the Honorary first tee ceremony.

I mean, publicity is publicity.

Watching every party deny it as if Wayne came up with it all on his own is pretty funny.

Doesn't Player own stake in the company? I thought he was an investor.

Watching every party deny it as if Wayne came up with it all on his own is pretty funny.

I wouldn’t put it past him, would you? He’s a pretty class act

What I find interesting is when OnCore was asked about this, they spent one sentence saying they were sorry if it offended anyone and they didn't instruct Mr. Player to do so. The rest of the statement is about how good the company is and its' products. Things that make you go hmmm

"We are aware of the criticisms that have been raised as a result of our product being displayed by Wayne Player at this morning’s ceremonial tee shot at the Masters, most specifically during the introduction of Lee Elder, one of golf’s trailblazers," said OnCore CEO Keith Blakely. "We did not ask or instruct Mr. Player to have our ball sleeve visible during the ceremony and are sorry if his actions caused any offense or was a distraction from the wonderful recognition being paid to Mr. Elder.

"Throughout its history, OnCore has been an ardent supporter of diversity and inclusion in golf and was the first corporate ball sponsor of the Nomads – an organization of African American golfers that, like Mr. Elder, have advanced the awareness and recognition of the challenges faced by persons of color. In December, OnCore sponsored the inaugural United Golfers Association tournament in Orlando, Florida. UGA is a 501c3 non-profit organization that is committed to increasing the introduction, development and advancement of African American youth being introduced to the sport of golf.

"The company is proud of its products, its community involvement, and its support of golfers of all ages, ethnicity, gender, and skill level. We congratulate Mr. Elder on this wonderful recognition alongside golf legends Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player and wish everyone a successful Masters tournament."

I wouldn’t put it past him, would you? He’s a pretty class act
Not clever enough. He will be the fall guy though haha

Soooo....

Looks like a bit of issue between other son and dad. Shots freakin fiireeddd
Father+son and son (who manages the brand)

Back