Review OnCore Vero X1 Golf Balls

I hear you, but I respectfully disagree. What the hell is the point of a 7600 yard course if the longest hitters aren’t breaking 300 anymore? You were just watering unnecessary tee boxes and grass that doesn’t need mowing?

The only thing that I Intended to respond to was your suggestion that designers building long courses that are also advocating for rollbacks stand to profit from it by doing renovations as a result.

I don't even think that the goal of the ruling bodies is to eliminate the 300 yard drive. Again, Jack and others were doing it back in the day. With persimmon heads and shorter steel shafts, no less. I think what the ruling bodies would like is for them to be the exception rather than the norm at the highest levels, and/or trying to do it brings a greater degree of risk with it.

To your question though, what I'm saying is that the course would no longer be 7600. The tee boxes that get the distance would be no more. Of course if the tee boxes aren't needed anymore, that area can be shrunk accordingly, and adding less resource intensive plants where appropriate.

I'll allow that if any rollback is significant you very well could be right that adjustments might be needed at courses specifically intended to challenge the pros, but if that were to happen, resistance from both manufacturers and pro tours will probably be a way bigger problem.

Reviving an old thread here as my local shop had these laying around. Don’t know how as I know they switched to a DTC model. Decided to give it a go. They have 2 for $70 deal right now. I was quite surprised. Ball performed pretty well. Mid-High launch off the driver and decent spin with irons and wedges. At this price point It’s a pretty solid ball. I would definitely play it again

Reviving an old thread here as my local shop had these laying around. Don’t know how as I know they switched to a DTC model. Decided to give it a go. They have 2 for $70 deal right now. I was quite surprised. Ball performed pretty well. Mid-High launch off the driver and decent spin with irons and wedges. At this price point It’s a pretty solid ball. I would definitely play it again
I agree, I got a dozen for about that price when they had a special. It's a decent ball, but with the shady guerilla marketing done at the masters in 2021, I haven't bought any more of their golf balls

I agree, I got a dozen for about that price when they had a special. It's a decent ball, but with the shady guerilla marketing done at the masters in 2021, I haven't bought any more of their golf balls

So was there a conclusion to this. Was it the brand or was it a rogue solo tactic by players son!?

So was there a conclusion to this. Was it the brand or was it a rogue solo tactic by players son!?
They said rogue solo tactic, but wasn't his son on the board or worked for OnCore?

They said rogue solo tactic, but wasn't his son on the board or worked for OnCore?

No clue honestly. Not to take away from the classless act but I was impressed with the ball performance

No clue honestly. Not to take away from the classless act but I was impressed with the ball performance
Agreed with the performance of the ball, it's solid, just disappointed that is what I associate with this golf ball 🙁

Back