One Ball for Entire Year?

Brand yes...Srixon Z-Star or Q-Star are my favorites right now. Followed closely by the Taylormade TP5

I'm all in one the TP5 Pix (practice) ball

I played the entire 2020 season with the ProV minus a couple of hole with a found TP5.

I played with only 2 balls. I lost one on the eighth hole in the water.

I’ve been gaming the ‘20 CSX all year and I’m not planning to change.

We can disagree on ball all day, but I believe there is something to be said about consistently playing the same ball and learning how if reacts to different shots. Your game becomes more predictable snd your scores get lower!

Last edited:
I’m a little late to this one but I used the Taylormade tp5 for 2 years now and have 12 dozen new in a box in the garage so pretty sure I will be using them for awhile longer. Might have to start giving some away

I am getting closer and closer to just playing one ball. I think switching all the time is bad for my game.

if I had to commit today it I would be the Bridgestone BX ball.

but will the new titleist, and srixon balls coming soon. I will have to try everything then see.
So, do it.

What’s stopping you?

I’m a little late to this one but I used the Taylormade tp5 for 2 years now and have 12 dozen new in a box in the garage so pretty sure I will be using them for awhile longer. Might have to start giving some away
It was a solid January bump, that’s for sure haha!

Why TP5 for you?

Yeah, I absolutely could. I’ve only been playing snell mtbx for the last 6 months until my recent order of the tp5 pix practice ball. I will probably pick one and play that until they are gone. Have 5 dozen of each. Not sure 5 dozen is enough to get through the year for me. But if it is it will likely be one brand for 2021.

When it comes to golf balls I fall much more into the golfer that is less interested in the equipment and more into the sport camp (wish this were true for the rest of my equipment.) I just want something that preforms well and I can recognize easily on the course.

I primarily played with the Bridgestone Bx this year. I did use a few oddball when the swing wasn't cooperating. I've ordered 5 dozen Snell MTB to start the year. I like BX but the end of the year deal for Snell was too good to pass up.

It was a solid January bump, that’s for sure haha!

Why TP5 for you?

I like the feel both off the driver and irons, I don’t have numbers to back anything up so there very well could be a better ball for me. Out of curiosity what is one of the main things that someone should look for when getting fit or a ball and who actually is good at ball fittings?

If you are wondering why I have so many it’s because I order them each spring with the company logo, I may order something different this spring to change it up and am open for suggestions

I could do it but generally I get balls for a gift from someone and play those when I get them. There are probably 4 different balls I could play and be happy with them.

I have in the past. I didn’t last year because I was searching for the next ball and I found it in June and haven’t played another ball since.

The CSX20 is my ball next year

Back