One Ball for Entire Year?

Gotta love the brand new, out of the sleeve, snake raper in the woods, off the 1st tee box! Hahahaha! :ROFLMAO:
Yep.... had me thinking about it the entire round.... When was the last time you did the same with one of your Pro V? :unsure:

I generally play one ball all season, but I will test others by hitting a second drive or approach throughout a round. If I am playing a serious round it is always with the ball that I play for the season.

I would give it a shot! I have stocked enough Nike RZN Tour Blacks to get through the shorter golf season up here in MT

I'm going to play Pro V1X, and only Pro V1X this season. Or least try like hell not to switch. :rofl:

Yep.... had me thinking about it the entire round.... When was the last time you did the same with one of your Pro V? :unsure:

High School :unsure:

I have played the same type of ball consistently for almost two years (still have some of the year supply of Truvis left) but in between I have played either a shot, a hole or a round with a different ball whether that is a different Truvis color, different Truvis pattern or different brand altogether.

As much as I could sit here thinking I could do it, the allure of a new Tour B RX is too great right now to commit.
Maybe you need to start your calendar year in line with the new Tour B RX release date? ;)

BS.... probably last week

I wish I played last week. :rolleyes:

The courses I play around here, 98% of their opening tee shots are all wide open. I would have to hit it off the map in order to lose it. Just ask your blood brother @JohnSinVA , he'll tell you :ROFLMAO: Even HE can't lose it off the 1st tee

Nah, I'd probably lose it in the first round. ?

One type of ball, yes. I plan on playing all of 2020 with the bridgestone Tour B X.

Yes, I could play with the Kirkland 3 piece for the next year. Why? Because I have more than enough of them that I don’t have to buy any more balls for at least a year.
I do prefer the feel of the Callaway CS but it also costs more than double and I don’t feel I am giving up that much on the performance side.
With all this said, I did do a Bridgestone ball fitting last year and the numbers for the E12 soft where better than the CS or Pro V1. Lower spin and a few yards more. Funny thing was he wouldn’t let me use the Kirkland ball.

haha, but I have a bunch of dozens already in stock of the old one!

:unsure::unsure: Somehow after playing with you I don't picture you as a golfer that needs to buy dozens of balls at one time...... unless you just like to shop ;).... me on the other hand, I buy balls in bulk, because, well, I probably average like 3 penalty shots a round and I don't like to look more than say, 15 seconds..... just saying....

BTW, There is always Secret Santa or donating to the right cause....

I wish I played last week. :rolleyes:

The courses I play around here, 98% of their opening tee shots are all wide open. I would have to hit it off the map in order to lose it. Just ask your blood brother @JohnSinVA , he'll tell you :ROFLMAO: Even HE can't lose it off the 1st tee
Now I know you're lying.....

:unsure::unsure: Somehow after playing with you I don't picture you as a golfer that needs to buy dozens of balls at one time...... unless you just like to shop ;).... me on the other hand, I buy balls in bulk, because, well, I probably average like 3 penalty shots a round and I don't like to look more than say, 15 seconds..... just saying....

BTW, There is always Secret Santa or donating to the right cause....
haha, I play enough to lose enough.

Not a chance. I'd have to stop reading the forum to even have a chance of doing it. I would try something else after reading y'all's experiences with a different ball.

I am typically playing with whatever balls I find on the course. There are rounds that I lose too many balls, so I don't think I am at a point in my game to only play one type yet. I will say, of the balls that I do find, they are a majority Titleist Pro V1 and V1x.

Maybe if I was fit into the ball and knew it was the best ball for me. I played a mixture of the Srixon XV, Snell MTB, and Bridgestone Tour B X this past year. Price played a factor when I could find a deal and the other was wanting to switch it up.

Any other year.....maybe. I have been playing the ProV1x for awhile now. This year is a no. Excited to try the new balls coming out this year.

Yes, want to just play CSX TT

Yes, I can and have played only one ball for an entire year. Previously I have gamed each of the following for a year. The Srixion SL, Bridgestone RX , Callaway Truvis, and last year and so far this year the W/S Duo Professional.

Now with JB's comments regarding that 2020 might well be the year of the ball as well as rumors regarding Bridgestone's new ball, a ball change might well happen.

I will play Srixon Q Star Tour when it's cold and Srixon Z Star in the summer. So same company, but not same ball I guess.

TP5 in every round in 2019....and will be TP5 in every 2020 round, too.

Back