One Club Between Driver and Irons?

No, I’m sitting at D, 3w, 5w, 4h now I wouldn’t be able to as a short hitter I would be missing to many gaps at the top of the bag as far as yardages are concerned.

No way for me. I go D, 3W, 5W, 4H, then 5 iron and use them all.

4w I often walk with 8 clubs - Driver, 4 w, 4, 6, 8, GW, SW, Putter sometimes add a lob wedge

I’d rather get rid of my driver. That would make my answer to the question no. I like my 3 wood, 5 wood, and hybrid much more.

Yep. I go: D, 3h, 5/7/9, 48°, 58°, P. Been this way for years.

I'm too old to think of doing that JB. On some courses I'm using one of those in between clubs on half the holes--and I hit a lot of greens with those clubs. So no, not considering, wouldn't do.

3 Hybrid. It's comfortable off the tee and in rough.

Think 4 hybrid would be the option. That 200 yard option would be the way to go

I could not easily do it. I need help and options at the top end of my bag.

I’d probably go with my new Apex Pro hybrid...very versatile, can go both ways and can be realllllly long if you lay into it, just love this club.

I don't think that I could do this as a shorter hitter I just need less irons and more clubs with pop in those long spots. I get the draw, but I am fine with only a couple of wedges since I can use them in fairly versatile ways.

Doing it now with a 4-wood

I did it for a very long time. It used to be a strong 3 wood.

Now I think I would go 4 wood and get a very big forgiving 3 iron.
This was my exact thoughts! I would do the same.

I've done this for the last 6 years or so. I have a Callaway Xhot 3-Hybrid as my only club between driver and irons. I can hit it about 220 if I get all of it, but also can swing easy and swing down to about 190. Its great on long par 3's and I am comfortable hitting it on fairway and out of rough. Its been the best club in my bag for years!

Could you do it? Would you do it? What club would go in that spot?

I used to only run with a 5wood when I was playing n with a 3 iron in the bag.

I could, just a 4 wood and then Irons.

I think mine would have to be a 5wood.

That gives me more options and gaps better than a 3wood

I have in the past jut had a 3W. I could easily do that again, but maybe a 4W instead.

Arccos data may make me revise my answer. In my last couple rounds I've used my 3 wood a few times and haven't used my 5 wood at all. A lot of that has to do with my success with a driving iron. Maybe i could do just a 4 wood..

Used to do it when I played a 2 iron, but a 5 wood gaps so much better. I could still do it but less confident with the 2 iron overall vs. 5 wood.

Back