One club challenge

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This really isn't a challenge but more thought process. I have been back an forth on buying a new putter (O-Works #1 Wide) but there is nothing wrong with my MXM #1 Wide. In fact i am thinking of buying another MXM because I roll it so well.

It got me thinking if people can just stick with a club that works for them instead of always looking to buy new gear. This thought crept into my head during my last round. I asked myself if anyone else could just stick with the club that works and maybe buy a backup. I am not saying you shouldn't buy what you want but more stick with what works. It could be a wedge, driver, iron or putter. Does anyone else just have that club that works and replacing it would be a mistake?

This really isn't a challenge but more thought process. I have been back an forth on buying a new putter (O-Works #1 Wide) but there is nothing wrong with my MXM #1 Wide. In fact i am thinking of buying another MXM because I roll it so well.

It got me thinking if people can just stick with a club that works for them instead of always looking to buy new gear. This thought crept into my head during my last round. I asked myself if anyone else could just stick with the club that works and maybe buy a backup. I am not saying you shouldn't buy what you want but more stick with what works. It could be a wedge, driver, iron or putter. Does anyone else just have that club that works and replacing it would be a mistake?

Right now, if asked to pick that ONE club...that'd be my 815 Hybrid. I hit that really well 9 out of 10 times.

I am happy with the clubs I have but I don't think replacing any of them would be a mistake.

My RBZ 2 3 wood. The length of the club, shaft, everything is just perfect. The same RBZ 2 in driver is not as consistent.

I keep returning to my Nike Method putter. I replaces it with the Queen B bit there was nothing wrong with it. I rolled it extremely well. The other club I wouldn't change is my 5h. It works well with my swing and I would not change it just to buy new clubs.

The one club would be my Callaway XHot Pro 5 wood. Have not even thought about replacing it since buying it new at a greatly reduced price from MSRP about 3 years ago. It let's me down far less than any other club in the bag.

Just my Seemore. Love that thing!

JM

My putter.

I go through clubs all the time. Mostly because I am a tinkerer.... I even have a collection of putters, but there has been only one in my bag for nearly 3 years, and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully never.

I guess we know what Henrik Stenson would say about his Diablo 3 wood . . . . In fact, he has said it.

I think if you understand WHY something works for you, or at least believe you know why, you are more likely to replace a club with another that has the same or perhaps better features. If you can find another club like that. I think that is probably especially true of putters right now - there is a lot of good stuff out there. More good choices than I can ever recall.

That would be the PM grind for me. I have thought multiple times of nabbing a back up off CPO.

I don't think I have a club yet but I will say I do have a few putters that will never leave my possession

My biggest gear mistake last year was ditching my R9 4 wood for a (few) 3 wood.

Thankfully it's still in my backup bag, and I'll be able to game it again if the new LTD doesn't work out.

My 3 hybrid. It's the one I got in my Morgan Cup bag, and it's just a club I'm super comfortable with. I almost never even test hybrids, and probably will continue that way until the face caves in or something else happens to it.

Yes. But I think once I am used to what I have, a backup would be a good idea.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My Apex 3 hybrid will be safe until the face caves in. Paired with Rogue black 85g shaft trimmed a 1/2", it's a weapon off the tee and fairway. Total confidence in that club!

as much as i love new gear, i'm trying to get to a place where i only change if it's going to help. not just to change.

this is the reason i'm gaming an old driver, and haven't tested anything since buying it. it works very well for me, and i have a ton of confidence with it.

it's also the reason i haven't replaced my putter yet, even though i love the in-store testing i've done with toulon and evnroll. i'm not missing putts because of my putter, and quite frankly it is working better for me than any putter of memory. as long as my stroke is the issue, i don't see much reason to change.

My putter had it since 2013 and it hasn't left my bag since. I don't see anything playing any better. I would love to find a driver like that and I would stick with it like my putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gamed my Cobra ZL Encore for about 3 years. During that time nothing could get that driver out of my bag. It's still sitting in my basement just in case

For me it was my hybrid, automatic fairway finder. Able to shape it ,high or low. Fantastic

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I wouldn't change my putter, I love that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty I haven't kept a thing the same in the last two years. I think my RTX 3 wedges may be that club/clubs for me now though.

My 5 wood might be that club. Hard to say just yet but it's been very consistent thus far.

I do now! Replacing my Epic driver would be a major mistake!!

It would be between my current 6i or the 816 h1 21*. The hybo just works whenever I hit it

Back