One Good Thing (Golf Edition)

Had a great time taking my parents to the local PB Dye course. It’s pretty challenging, but we had a great time. I introduced them to the island green. They were on in one and I dunked mine... but we all made 4’s. It was a good time!

Practicing my chipping, today, with a new-to-me SW and my LW, I had several that were "acceptable" and many that were not. But I had this one chip where everything--backswing, swing, ball contact, follow-through and turn, arc of the ball, distance, direction, came together and it was perfect in every way.

Now if I could just do that more often :LOL:

While working on swing changes it can be difficult to find something good. So go me currently the last couple rounds it’s contact with my irons. My contact is solid and much more consistent.

Had to report that, but nice booty, lol.

The last two rounds for me were packed with good things, but the biggest one for the last round was hanging out with @jim54 for the day. We were laughing and sharing stores pretty much the entire time. Super interesting guy, that Jim.

As a side note, he is a fairway machine. Death, Taxes, and Jim 250 in the middle of the fairway.

Last edited:
One good thing from yesterday is that I mentally bounced back after a few utter disasters. Usually I implode after a large unforced error.

Made a double on a par 5 from the middle of the fairway - then made par on the next 4 holes.
Had an infuriating 4 putt double on a par 3 - then birdied the next hole.

The last two rounds for me were packed with good things, but the biggest one for the last round was hanging out with @jim54 for the day. We were laughing and sharing stores pretty much the entire time. Super interesting guy, that Jim.

As a side note, he is a fairway machine. Death, Taxes, and Jim 250 in the middle of the fairway.
It was a blast man, we never got to hang out much before. Now I know a good lawyer...ha ha. But your distance perception is a bit off I think, maybe 220 not 250 for the majority I would guess. Played today against my better judgement and I used up all my drives for the month Fri and Sat. It was not good today and by 9 I was gassed.
Next we have to get a group at Mission Inn.

I lost track of both our scores. I think that's always a good sign.

And when I did check them, we realized my wife had a personal best 4 pars!!

My Dad played 18 for the first time this year after a shoulder replacement in February!

Back