One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

So much better imo. So so so much.
It’s funny how opposite I am. I was pretty against the feel of Aerotech until their latest releases as I thought they felt too firm, but recently have had good success with them. I find the MMT almost dead feeling, but I wish I liked them.

It’s funny how opposite I am. I was pretty against the feel of Aerotech until their latest releases as I thought they felt too firm, but recently have had good success with them. I find the MMT almost dead feeling, but I wish I liked them.
It really is funny, for me it’s the flip of that. But, my only experience with the. New Aero line was a super light flex that was a teeeeerrrrible fit for me.

Reactions: JB
I like this shaft discussion. I currently have steel fiber i95s in my forge tec. Like them in warm weather they seem to feel better than they do now in the cold. In this weather I like the feel of my buddies 780 smac wrap recoils in f4. I ordered the steel fiber in reg flex do to there stiffness. Is it just me or will shafts feel different from 90 to 40 degrees

I would like to state for the record, if @KEV goes OL then I will too!!

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Cannot wait to hit the OL and the OL wedges in a couple of weeks. I stand by what I said on Off Course, if I can elevate them all, it’s happening.

Cannot wait to hit the OL and the OL wedges in a couple of weeks. I stand by what I said on Off Course, if I can elevate them all, it’s happening.
I had about 10 hours of working on a wall project yesterday and spent a good chunk thinking about equipment and One Length. I'm really interested in OL but to make it work out would have to be like JB's setup and be 8 iron length and I would only play 5- PW/GW. The higher lofted wedges would have to be normal length to ease my mind.

It's so tempting to completely go crazy on a bag setup and see what happens.

I had about 10 hours of working on a wall project yesterday and spent a good chunk thinking about equipment and One Length. I'm really interested in OL but to make it work out would have to be like JB's setup and be 8 iron length and I would only play 5- PW/GW. The higher lofted wedges would have to be normal length to ease my mind.

Yeah, I want to go full crazy if I go. Wedges included :oops:

You are still over thinking it.

@HuddieJ you see this⬆️

You are still over thinking it.
I 100% agree, that's one of my biggest challenges in general with golf. I feel like I could absolutely commit to that setup but I don't know if I could overcome the mental aspect in the wedges. I could go hybrid also I think.

I 100% agree, that's one of my biggest challenges in general with golf. I feel like I could absolutely commit to that setup but I don't know if I could overcome the mental aspect in the wedges. I could go hybrid also I think.
If your wedges were labeled 10 and 11 iron you wouldn’t think twice. Full club precision swings, same length. Short game an utility type of wedge, use something else if you need to.

@HuddieJ you see this⬆
I'm tempted to do it also! The only problem would be trying to find a time where I could tinker without playing for money!

I'm tempted to do it also! The only problem would be trying to find a time where I could tinker without playing for money!
So you are thinking about buying a set of Forged Tec OL to tinker with...?

If your wedges were labeled 10 and 11 iron you wouldn’t think twice. Full club precision swings, same length. Short game an utility type of wedge, use something else if you need to.
And that's what I'm thinking. I think a 5-GW would be great since I rarely use GW for touch shots. The 54/58 spot is where I feel like my game is really good and I wouldn't be able to change those spots.

And that's what I'm thinking. I think a 5-GW would be great since I rarely use GW for touch shots. The 54/58 spot is where I feel like my game is really good and I wouldn't be able to change those spots.
All of this would be dependent on demoing also. Had Cobra not come out with those great looking Tours and do many other good options in the market it wouldn't be as tough of a decision. Overall though I love the thought of the exact same setup for each iron in the bag.

So you are thinking about buying a set of Forged Tec OL to tinker with...?
I would like to hit them first, but I'm giving it some thought!

I know a guy with a set of OL irons in Nashville...
I’m sure your brother has golf stores in Huntsville that carry options

Quick update.

Wanted to test a level of consistency with distance as that appears to offer some questions to people. Took the 9 iron and hit 24 balls and kept the 19 that I thought I hit particularly well. The level of consistency was actually pretty surprising.

Unlike a lot of golfers online, I miss a bit around the face and even with that, all 24 balls were in a pretty tight little box. I was curious if I would find a few that came up drastically short or anything and nothing stands out.

Think I am hitting the course next week as I try a new one near me and will report back some course findings after that.

Quick update.

Wanted to test a level of consistency with distance as that appears to offer some questions to people. Took the 9 iron and hit 24 balls and kept the 19 that I thought I hit particularly well. The level of consistency was actually pretty surprising.

Unlike a lot of golfers online, I miss a bit around the face and even with that, all 24 balls were in a pretty tight little box. I was curious if I would find a few that came up drastically short or anything and nothing stands out.

Think I am hitting the course next week as I try a new one near me and will report back some course findings after that.
I'd be very interested in knowing if there are any differences in distance when you take them on the course. I'm kinda in love with the concept of the OL irons!

Going one length for sure. Now to decide on shaft. Have steel fiber i95 in my forge tec. Had 780 smac wraps in previous f9s. F4 in the recoils and reg flex in i95s. Curious what shafts are going to be available through custom.

I just hit the King Tour and love them but I also hit the SZ OL 5 iron. Smooth easy distance. I’m not sure if RADspeed is huge improvement, but I now have to know! OL from 4-GW at 37 inches would be about perfect.

Going one length for sure. Now to decide on shaft. Have steel fiber i95 in my forge tec. Had 780 smac wraps in previous f9s. F4 in the recoils and reg flex in i95s. Curious what shafts are going to be available through custom.
Will likely be the same options on the site right now. They keep them current.

Back